IGNORED

Nottingham Forest home 4th round FA Cup match thread

Jerseybean

Played pretty well, just wish we were a bit braver.

These lot aint gunna press us with their front line. We're gunna play the ball about fine at the back but need to do more to create. 

Everytime we tried to run in behind we look like causing them problems, just not seen enough of it.

Just have a feeling we'll get too comfortable and lose the ball doing too many needless passes. Hudson-Odoi and Danilo look the main threats for them and Gibbs-White might come on and cause issues.

COYR.

Played out of our skins first 15 mins. Atmosphere like a red and white night of old. Settled down a bit - like a game of chess now. Such is modern football. Been much the better side, I'm sure  they'll be more lively after the break. coyr

Just now, Jerseybean said:

If Williams was playing I’d fear he’d see red based on the way the yellow cards were being issued in the first half. 

To be fair, both were naughty yellows for Pring and James and deserved it.

4 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Given the context of where are right now as a team, and Forest being prem, then my view of the first half might be a bit critical - but only because I know we’ve got more than this.

Good control of the ball, but too predictable IMO, there’s a diag begging to be hit to Pring, and presumably Ross from the other side but we take 2-3 passes to get there. Only in the last couple of minutes did we actually try it.

That or the triangle pass into Annis and bounce it off to Pring looks like it’s been on a few times.

For all the ball we’ve not created a lot and I feel for Tommy, nothing to feed off so far.

Its certainly not been bad, we’ve looked comfortable - maybe a bit too comfortable.

I’m sure Forest have more to show here, but I’m also confident we have too.

Atmosphere is a bit flat too, game needs a spark.

Bollarks in my view.

8 minutes ago, Selred said:

Good half. Not outclassed or outplayed by another team above us.

Mehmeti is an enigma, either going to do something special or continue to frustrate, do like him though.

Did laugh, apparently Ross McCrorie has had a great season according to the commentator.

Yeah noticed that. I'd hate to see his idea of a bad season!

15 minutes ago, Selred said:

Good half. Not outclassed or outplayed by another team above us.

Mehmeti is an enigma, either going to do something special or continue to frustrate, do like him though.

Did laugh, apparently Ross McCrorie has had a great season according to the commentator.

To be fair, he'd done alright in his 138 minutes of game time he'd had when the commentator said that!