IGNORED

Downys again

1 minute ago, A Horse With No Name said:

anyone else hear him announce that this is Ashton Gate for the 5th round of the FA Cup, just prior to kick off?

Yes. He announces every game in a similar fashion. It's ridiculous I know, but if it helps the 0.0001% of people who don't know where they are ...

• Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

1 hour ago, A Horse With No Name said:

anyone else hear him announce that this is Ashton Gate for the 5th round of the FA Cup, just prior to kick off?

Always thought he lived in a parallel universe.

29 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Fortunately I don’t listen to him.

Probably the same for 99.9% of the crowd, but it's difficult not to hear the noisy loudmouth.

I get that the ht ‘entertainment’  is funded byThatchers but it’s become dull and predictable and Downsy painfully tries to make it amusing - I can see why fans thinks that’s he’s absolutely hopeless.

The club should doing something different at ht - assuming that they aren’t contracted to Thatchers.

15 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I get that the ht ‘entertainment’  is funded byThatchers but it’s become dull and predictable and Downsy painfully tries to make it amusing - I can see why fans thinks that’s he’s absolutely hopeless.

The club should doing something different at ht - assuming that they aren’t contracted to Thatchers.

Bring back Sam Mason. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Packman said:

Announcing the half time score at the stroke of half time is always helpful.

I’ve never understood that, as if anyone in the ground doesn’t know what the score is, what’s more there’s two bloody gert scoreboards to tell you the score just in case you’re thick

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

I’ve never understood that, as if anyone in the ground doesn’t know what the score is, what’s more there’s two bloody gert scoreboards to tell you the score just in case you’re thick

I'm surprised he doesn't announce the 0-0 score at kick-off

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, bearded_red said:

The bloke never manages to go a full game without making a mistake or saying something ridiculous.

How many seasons has he had that job now? He’s been utterly dreadful from the very start and has shown literally no signs of improvement.

Unsackable.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I suggest Robbored v Gary Johnson in a "Celebrity Apple Roll"

😇

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

My daughter regularly asks me what the score was as we are walking back to the car! She really isn't that interested in the football but loves the experience!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

It is part of the sponsor deal. So yes it will be contracted.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

The irony that he got something wrong while you spell his name like that!