IGNORED

Downys again

19 minutes ago, 2015 said:

The volume actually in the stadium is too loud, you cant talk to your mate next to you most the time as it is absolutely deafening, and i'm not even old!

If anyone at the club is reading this, can you get the volume turned down a bit……PLEASE !!!!!!!

• Like 3

• Admin
On 28/01/2024 at 10:51, Ryan said:

I have no idea what you are talking about. If the bloke that makes announcements at a stadium makes you angry, then maybe the issue isnt the bloke making the announcements. Have a good day. 

What would you say if he worked at a railway station?

22 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

If anyone at the club is reading this, can you get the volume turned down a bit……PLEASE !!!!!!!

I emailed the club in October about Downsy and the volume of the tannoy in South Stand, all that happened was that Nige was sacked…:ph34r:

:punish:

Edited by exAtyeoMax
  • Haha 7

4 hours ago, Tim Monaghan said:

Sorry, whaaaaaaaaat? 

Before he starts making announcements you can look around and see people having conversations, then for around 30 minutes everyone is stood/sat there looking like zombies, waiting for kick/off so they can talk again 

• Like 1

I don’t attend football for the pre match or half time entertainment  or the PA announcements . Wouldn’t bother me at all if nothing happened . But , I guess some people like it but surely they can aim for a higher intelligence level than that moron ? 

• Thanks 1

I don’t have anything against the bloke other than when shortly before kick off when he says (for example), “it’s Bristol City versus Nottingham Forest and it’s NEXT” as if he’s presenting the coverage on telly and we’re going to the ads.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Redminster said:

I don’t have anything against the bloke other than when shortly before kick off when he says (for example), “it’s Bristol City versus Nottingham Forest and it’s NEXT” as if he’s presenting the coverage on telly and we’re going to the ads.

I know, it's not a radio broadcast. 

1 hour ago, redapple said:

I don’t attend football for the pre match or half time entertainment  or the PA announcements . Wouldn’t bother me at all if nothing happened . But , I guess some people like it but surely they can aim for a higher intelligence level than that moron ? 

He makes far too many mistakes. The biggest one was being born…

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Back of the Dolman said:

In all fairness I agree he’s very error prone. 
But I don’t think being born is a mistake we can lay on him 

We are Bristol City fans.We can blame anyone for anything.To be fair,I think that us all football fans!

He announced that 50% of the 50/50 draw goes to the trust fund. So is he saying they only sell 2000 tickets each game, or that the biggest prize will only ever be £1000, regardless of how many tickets more than 2000 are sold?

Anyone know?

• Admin
2 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

He announced that 50% of the 50/50 draw goes to the trust fund. So is he saying they only sell 2000 tickets each game, or that the biggest prize will only ever be £1000, regardless of how many tickets more than 2000 are sold?

Anyone know?

I had the impression that it was capped, but don't know for fact 

Is it the Robins foundation the money goes to? 

On 30/01/2024 at 12:30, RedLionLad said:

Before he starts making announcements you can look around and see people having conversations, then for around 30 minutes everyone is stood/sat there looking like zombies, waiting for kick/off so they can talk again 

For anyone who has been to a cricket test match, when queuing outside or at breaks in play, there is the unique and unmistakable sound of about 20,000 people having 10,000 conversations. Or maybe after lunch, it is the sound of snoring! Anyway, it is a fine thing to hear.

I don't seem to notice it at football or rugby, presumably because of the PA noise.

On 30/01/2024 at 09:31, exAtyeoMax said:

I emailed the club in October about Downsy and the volume of the tannoy in South Stand, all that happened was that Nige was sacked…:ph34r:

:punish:

Maybe our invincible overlords misinterpreted your "Get rid of Ian Downs" missive as "Get rid of the Lans Downs"

So, to spite you, in a mad panic, they got rid of Pearson, to cover-up their incompetence.

I have often wondered what triggered that sudden, inexplicable faux pas.

Meanwhile, Downsy continues to wreak havoc and make our ears bleed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

For anyone who has been to a cricket test match, when queuing outside or at breaks in play, there is the unique and unmistakable sound of about 20,000 people having 10,000 conversations. Or maybe after lunch, it is the sound of snoring! Anyway, it is a fine thing to hear.

I don't seem to notice it at football or rugby, presumably because of the PA noise.

During the behind closed doors tests back in covid times TMS broadcast the `Lords` hum` over the commentary to create some atmosphere.