IGNORED

Downys again

7 minutes ago, MelksRed said:

Agree.....its just white noise that follows deafening music that's played to the point of cracking. The whole AV / Media set up at AG is cringey.

They were fiddling with the music level (for the Dolman anyway) prior to KO last night (it might have been quite early as I was there at 7:10). Turned it down to pretty tolerable then straight back up to bloody unbearable.

One thing I only realised last night that is utterly bizarre, why do they blast whatever is happening in the half time ‘entertainment’ through the speakers in the toilets? No one can see what’s happening, and even if they could, no one needs to hear Downsy screaming at the top of his lungs commentary about the apple race thing. 

Just now, petehinton said:

One thing I only realised last night that is utterly bizarre, why do they blast whatever is happening in the half time ‘entertainment’ through the speakers in the toilets? No one can see what’s happening, and even if they could, no one needs to hear Downsy screaming at the top of his lungs commentary about the apple race thing. 

Agreed - it should be a human right to be able to have a shit in peace, not have to endure his grating tones 

• Haha 6

7 hours ago, Clevedon Red said:

Bring back Sam Mason. 

Absolutely ******* not.

A little bit of me is still dead inside from the time when she yelled out at the top of her lungs, the name of the new mascot to join the aready inexplicable "City Cat" with the words "WELCOME THE CITY PUSSY!!!!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Who cares? I dont remember walking away from the game thinking that the stadium announcement ruined it for me. Im sure all of the people having a pop in this online pile in dont make mistakes, but most others do make quite a few, and thankfully most normal people dont worry about it. 

• Like 4
  • Facepalm 2

It's his Robins TV stuff that annoys me the most, as he is hosting a football show when he clearly knows absolutely nothing about football.

A few games ago they had Naismith and Wells as pundits, and one of them happened to mention 'being brave'. Downsy then proceeded to spend the entire half time analysis asking a a variation of questions on being brave as he had literally nothing else to add, or any kind of analysis himself. 

He should stick to rugby which he is passionate, and no doubt, knowledgeable, about.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

Who cares? I dont remember walking away from the game thinking that the stadium announcement ruined it for me. Im sure all of the people having a pop in this online pile in dont make mistakes, but most others do make quite a few, and thankfully most normal people dont worry about it. 

So lets continue employing crap throughout the club.

58 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

So lets continue employing crap throughout the club.

I have no idea what you are talking about. If the bloke that makes announcements at a stadium makes you angry, then maybe the issue isnt the bloke making the announcements. Have a good day. 

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 3

5 hours ago, Ryan said:

I have no idea what you are talking about. If the bloke that makes announcements at a stadium makes you angry, then maybe the issue isnt the bloke making the announcements. Have a good day. 

Im not angry, nor did I start the thread I just think the man is an unprofessional ***.

No personal issues either thanks very much.

On 27/01/2024 at 22:10, A Horse With No Name said:

Oh is that what people do in the cubicles? Always seems to be a queue for it? 😉

Some must really struggle as they need to take a mate or two in the cubicle with them, must be for moral support 

• Haha 1

On 27/01/2024 at 20:20, petehinton said:

The volume actually in the stadium is too loud, you cant talk to your mate next to you most the time as it is absolutely deafening, and i'm not even old!

• Like 6