IGNORED

Leeds United at home match thread

2 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

The South Stand is sold out every game

And groups cannot get anywhere in together in the stadium unless buying weeks in advance

Doesn't seem difficult to me

The club must have all the stats. Non attending season tickets holders need to get kicked out 

Why would the club kick out paying customers? Like they could kick them out and then the seat doesn't sell and then it's not even creating income.

4 minutes ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

This is a tough watch. We are miles off. I can’t work out as to whether Leeds are decent, or the amount of time and space we are affording them is making them better than what they are. Back 3 collectively are all over the shop. 

Ball retention is poor with many an unforced error putting us back under pressure. I’d like to see something more and of credibility from McCrorie. 

Leeds are showing the levels needed to play this kind of football. And the money required to be very very good at it 

They've also showed what happens when you aren't clinical. As the end of the half showed, We are still in the game.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

And groups cannot get anywhere in together in the stadium unless buying weeks in advance

The club must have all the stats. Non attending season tickets holders need to get kicked out 

Obviously that isn’t the solution.

Half time thoughts.

Is it my imagination or are the Leeds players, man for man, faster than ours?

Why  are so many City passes going astray?

City do  seem to have picked up for the last 10 mins of that first half.

• Like 1

Great to see our League 1 keeper having a blinder tonight, we would easily be 4 down without Max tonight, 

No idea what's happened to the rest the team all seam off the pace, 

Tanner and Zak are having there worst games of the season , lot of work to do at half time

• Like 6
Just now, Better Red said:

MoM so far 

Only reason we are not 2 down 

Yep, spot on. Only one team in it in the first half the main positive being its 0-0, as you say largely thanks to Max.

Fearful that if this continues we are going to concede, need to change things, Conway hasn’t seen much of the ball we need to find a way of getting him into the game.  

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, 22A said:

Half time thoughts.

Is it my imagination or are the Leeds players, man for man, faster than ours?

Why  are so many City passes going astray?

City do  seem to have picked up for the last 10 mins of that first half.

Yeah they have a very fast team and we don’t really have anyone with electric pace

5 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Yes, but Just get fed up with it, they think they're clever and no one's said it before !

Oh I agree but it's a hard one for some fans to swallow when it's such a stupid statement, I'd imagine they want to hear from him again on the subject and see if he still thinks the same.

• Robin 1
1 minute ago, cidercity1987 said:

I suspect you won’t have that problem for Rotherham…. A sell back option might be a good idea to implement, but would that be cost effective to introduce for 3 or 4 games a season?

A mate has a season ticket for him and his son at WHU. He can upgrade the son’s ticket to an adult ticket for the midweek school night games that his son does not go to, but then they’re getting 40000 a week and not 22000.

Leeds look a good side, and of course, are at the top end  of the form league and confident, we are at the bottom and it shows, hesitant and lacking fluidity. But, we are not losing, have not conceded. Some adjustments are needed to the set up at half time, and it is very much all to play for. Leeds may have been better, but they have not scored due to some great work by Max. We have seen before, if you do not take your chances it can cost you. So all to play for.

Ground looks empty for a sell out. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The turtle said:

Leeds are showing the levels needed to play this kind of football. And the money required to be very very good at it 

It's important to remember though that to get promoted, or to finish top 6, you don't actually have to be as good as Leeds or Leicester.

You just have to be as good as Hull, West Brom, Sunderland this season. 

Leeds are pressing fast and consistently, which forces us to make fast passes, and so increases the chance of us making errors. They're then incredible in transition which allows them to turn those mistakes into attacks. It's hard to watch but we don't have to get to this level next season to stand a chance of a top 6 finish.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

Watching back that penalty call, I'd have to say we're very lucky not to have given away that penalty. What's frustrating is seeing how easily they are stringing passes together in our area.

Our biggest issue is that we can't hold onto the ball without going backwards and Leeds have pace so they are closing down fast forcing us to lose the ball, essentially they're using our own tactics against us but doing it a lot more effectively. I know our fans want a front two but it seems pointless when we can't even get the ball up the pitch, I'd much rather see us have a 5 and get a hold of the ball in the second half.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, RollsRoyce said:

Leeds look a good side, and of course, are at the top end  of the form league and confident, we are at the bottom and it shows, hesitant and lacking fluidity. But, we are not losing, have not conceded. Some adjustments are needed to the set up at half time, and it is very much all to play for. Leeds may have been better, but they have not scored due to some great work by Max. We have seen before, if you do not take your chances it can cost you. So all to play for.

Ground looks empty for a sell out. 

Great Post. About sums it up. 

(Resplendent with a little optimism bias) 😇