IGNORED

Dire Mebude signed on loan - CONFIRMED

westonred

Having watched the video of his clips I’m pretty excited. Looks to have the power and pace of Semenyo with a cooler head in front of goal. Obviously young and raw, but could turn out to be a magnificent piece of business.

Re the option. Surely the Belgian club wouldn’t make it up. It also makes no sense for us as a club if we didn’t have one. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Hopefully we will revert to a 433. Seems as though he can play both sides , so probably a wide forward 

Exactly my thoughts. 4-3-3 really now seems to have players to fit.

Mind from when LM arrived it was always going to be keys see how we change over the rest of this season. 

Will we now look to sign again in summer with no doubt some going too. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leabrook said:

We aren’t getting play offs so better to get ahead of next season

That s a positive way of looking at it!

Smacks of being a bit of a Tinkerman with the back 3 and some transitional games..if we then go back to Plan A, or even Plan B so long as it is coherent and we recruit for it, utilise the squad as well as possible etc.

23 minutes ago, mozo said:

Another way to look at it is that competition for places will drive Bell and others to improve? If I was a talented young player like Sam Bell I'd be up for fighting for my place in the side. 

As I said in my first post, having an option to buy very much changes the complexion of it. I really hope that's the case.

I'm really not intending to be doom and gloom - everything will be much clearer in the summer. And I'm certainly not judging Manning by any of this, either.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Problem is we've chopped and changed already.

4-3-3/4-2-3-1, to a back 3..then back to a 4-3-3 again.

Bell at wingback is ludicrous too.

It smacks of a less than coherent strategy. No reflection on the signings but..

We play a 3-2-5 in possession and a 4-4-2/4-2-4 out of possession and have done since QPR away. That's it that's all that matters. If we played a back 4 or a back 3 we would still attack and defend like that.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Hmmm 2
  • Robin 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Yeboah has 4 or 5 years ahead of him to develop

Sam Bell will never make it at this level 

You used to say Vyner was dross and dog shit so maybe you don’t know whether Bell will make it or not. Players improve 

• Like 6
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, Leabrook said:

We aren’t getting play offs so better to get ahead of next season

Maybe I haven't been watching City for long enough but I genuinely don't get this "won't make the playoffs". 

You're six points off top six with SEVENTEEN games left. That's plenty time. 

I remember my team Yeovil in 2012/13 bringing in a striker on loan and coming from further back than City to inish fourth and then win the playoff final. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Exactly my thoughts. 4-3-3 really now seems to have players to fit.

Mind from when LM arrived it was always going to be keys see how we change over the rest of this season. 

Will we now look to sign again in summer with no doubt some going too. 

The summer will be very interesting now! 

Whether Manning recruits for a 4-3-3 or a 3 atb. 

With 3 midfielders ooc and at least 2 going I would’ve thought it will make it interesting to see how we recruit. Will also be interesting what happens with Nahki who turns 34. 

Would assume there will be some serious interest for some of our academy graduates again, TC and Cam Pring probably being the biggest ones personally. 

Will definitely be a busy one that’s for sure! 

1 minute ago, Hamdon Mart said:

Maybe I haven't been watching City for long enough but I genuinely don't get this "won't make the playoffs". 

I remember my team Yeovil in 2012/13 bringing in a striker on loan and coming from further back than City to inish fourth and then win the playoff final. 

It ain't happening.

Midtable top 10 maybe. We are miles ahead of 2 years ago thanks in no small part to NP and Gould plus Tinnion on the Academy side but we would need crazy form now to get 6th.

• Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, Hamdon Mart said:

If the CLUB want it we have the players to get us in the playoffs.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, Hamdon Mart said:

70-72 points will be 6th place I reckon. That means we need 2 points per game from now till the end of the season, if my maths is correct. I can’t see that happening. Guess we will see but I’d be very surprised 

8 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Yeboah has 4 or 5 years ahead of him to develop

Sam Bell will never make it at this level 

Well no he's not going to make it at this level if he's suddenly seeing his minutes reduced. 

Remember he was called up to the England elite squad earlier on in the season and got an assist for them. 

Hope he enjoys covering RWB off the bench. He ain't getting in ahead of our lord and saviour Jason Knight at that right attacking spot! 

Good luck to him, don't think he'll get many chances in his preferred position which seems to be at right wing. 

Missing the pace and power and looks like he could bring it with his direct running.

Just need a central midfielder who can drive forward with the ball now. Still something we lack.

• Hmmm 2

Just now, Harry said:

Your eyes are wide shut when it comes to the new manager though. 
Your strict allegiance to Nige means you wouldn’t recognise a Manning plan if you walked down Plan Street, turned into Plan Lane, over Plan Bridge, along Plan canal, into the Plan shop, perused the Plans in the window and a Plan came up and smacked you in the face screaming “Hey, Look. I’m a PLAN”. 

He’s over it though 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Welcome Adedire.

The nest egg has been opened a bit. What does this mean for Yeboah among others?

Along the front, young..He was at Rangers and Man City, a CFG connection of some kind?

It doesn't change the fact that Yeboah is not anywhere even close to being first team ready.! 

Whether this new lad is or not, doesn't change the fact that Yeboah is not.!

Edited by Bar BS3
  • Like 6
  • Flames 1

9 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Signed too late I think but could be wrong 

No, you’re right.

Can’t face Forest either (wasn’t signed before first game).

In the squad for Boro, I guess.

7 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Well no he's not going to make it at this level if he's suddenly seeing his minutes reduced. 

Remember he was called up to the England elite squad earlier on in the season and got an assist for them. 

You do know that the fancier named "England Elite" is still nothing more than the under 18's (or whatever age bracket it is) yeah.?!

You have posted criticising this transfer, yet completely ignored the posts & screenshots that disprove that it's not got an option on it if he looks upto this level.

I don't care what the usual doom and gloom Otib merchants think, I like the look of him and excited we get the benefit of seeing how he manages championship football before we take up the option. The same doom and groomers moaning about boring football, well he looks the type of player that can get fans off there seats, but no doubt they will find something negative as they like the sound of there own dull voices

• Like 6
  • Confused 1
  • Flames 1

9 minutes ago, Harry said:

Your eyes are wide shut when it comes to the new manager though. 
Your strict allegiance to Nige means you wouldn’t recognise a Manning plan if you walked down Plan Street, turned into Plan Lane, over Plan Bridge, along Plan canal, into the Plan shop, perused the Plans in the window and a Plan came up and smacked you in the face screaming “Hey, Look. I’m a PLAN”. 

So, are you telling me LM has a plan? 

Edited by Tim Monaghan
  • Haha 1

Excited by this signing, along with Twine & Sykes to return from injury..I don’t see why we can’t make a surge up the table. I do think with these kind of signings + the 2 lads we’ve signed for the future(hopefully for next season)..we will be a very good team to watch. 

• Like 2