IGNORED

5 wins in 18 games….dreadful!

Shauntaylor85

Under Pearson we were averaging 1.29 PPG this season, under Manning we are averaging 1.21.

That's basically one more win over the course of a season under Pearson. So we've not regressed nor have we improved, we've stayed where we were.

We're on to finish with 59/60 points at the end of the season, so absolutely 0 progress from last season as things stand!

Edited by JBFC II
  • Like 6
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 1

Just now, JBFC II said:

Under Pearson we were averaging 1.29 PPG this season, under Manning we are averaging 1.21.

That's basically one more win over the course of a season under Pearson. So we've not regressed not have we got better, we've stayed where we were.

We're on to finish with 59/60 points at the end of the season, so absolutely 0 progress from last season as things stand!

Spot on.

It was crap under Pearson and its still crap under Manning.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Hmmm 3
  • Flames 1

Waiting to go behind early in the second half before considering a change, after being dominated from minute 1 to 45+2 in the first half, was an inexcusable error of judgement. What did he think was going to change by keeping the same players and system?

Edited by luke_bristol
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, BS3_RED said:

Spot on.

It was crap under Pearson and its still crap under Manning.

If you are going to change Pearson go with someone proven. Mowbray would have been a better bet. Manning has no X factor, it’s another Holden approach. 

Edited by Shauntaylor85
  • Like 6
  • Flames 3

2 minutes ago, luke_bristol said:

Waiting to go behind early in the second half before considering a change, after being dominated from minute 1 to 45+2 in the first half, was an inexcusable error of judgement. What did he think was going to change by keeping the same players and system?

He does the same thing every week, it’s predictable to us so opposition coaches can easily work out. 

3 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

If you are going to change Pearson go with someone proven. Mowbray would have been a better bet. Manning has no X factor, it’s another Holden approach. 

More hyperbole. It’s not a Holden appointment at all. Holden was already at the club so was very cheap. And had never managed before. The opposite is true on both counts with Manning.  Why do you post stuff just to get a reaction? 

• Like 1

Just now, Leabrook said:

More hyperbole. It’s not a Holden appointment at all. Holden was already at the club so was very cheap. And had never managed before. The opposite is true on both counts with Manning.  Why do you post stuff just to get a reaction? 

I am posting what I think which I’m entitled to so as a long standing city fan who travels 6 hours to every home game! What I’m seeing since I went to QPR away is some of the most boring football in 35 years! 

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Absolutely . Manning was a ridiculous appointment . Has done absolutely nothing to warrant the opportunity to manage at this level 

As I’ve said before - the ***** at the top of this club are getting exactly what they deserve. Jon Clownsdown and that Weasel Tinnion - both miles out of their depth 

• Like 13
  • Flames 2

1 minute ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

I am posting what I think which I’m entitled to so as a long standing city fan who travels 6 hours to every home game! What I’m seeing since I went to QPR away is some of the most boring football in 35 years! 

That might be true but Manning is simply not a Holden appointment. Your opinion should have some sort of thought behind it surely?  Would love to hear how he is the same as Holden. I’m entitled to challenge your opinion 

Edited by Leabrook
  • Like 2

Just now, Leabrook said:

That might be true but Manning is simply not a Holden appointment. Your opinion should have some sort of thought behind it surely?  Would love to hear how he is the same as Holden. 

What has he achieved? Holden coached at a higher level than Manning. Similar styles, tactics. Don’t see how this is progressive, someone who was fired by MK Dons. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jose said:

17 points from 15 is not good reading and hard to defend. Have to stick with it though. 

We will have to stick with it because clearly it obviously enables Tinnion to run the club, something Nige likely wouldn’t tolerate. Can we remind ourselves of the mess Gary J had to pick up! Hamster wheel turning, it will happen again no doubt. 

• Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

Just now, Shauntaylor85 said:

What has he achieved? Holden coached at a higher level than Manning. Similar styles, tactics. Don’t see how this is progressive, someone who was fired by MK Dons. 

So any appointment who hadn’t achieved anything is a Holden appointment? Not similar styles and tactics is it really.  

I didn’t say it was progressive. I just challenged your opinion that Manning is a Holden appointment. 

Just now, formerly known as ivan said:

I got slated when I compared Manning to Lee Johnson… unfortunately it seems they are more similar than even I imagined!

However, please remember you are not allowed to criticise the club, players or head coach under any circumstances.

I didn’t like LJ at all, but if you gave him this squad tonight he would have got a better tune, Manning is so one dimensional, it’s a worry. Where is the new manager bounce? 

1 minute ago, Akira said:

No offence but that's nonsense. 

It was far from crap under Pearson. We had some poor games, but it wasn't crap. The football was alright, we were competing against pretty much all teams we played against. And at least we gave it a go and had a plan. He worked brilliantly with what little he had. And what little the board gave him in terms of finances and backing. 

Nigel Pearson was doing a good job under circumstance. What he needed was support from above. 

• Like 14
  • Flames 1

Just now, Shauntaylor85 said:

I didn’t like LJ at all, but if you gave him this squad tonight he would have got a better tune, Manning is so one dimensional, it’s a worry. Where is the new manager bounce? 

It’s been said before, there was never going to be a new manager bounce as we were not in need of one. We weren’t on a downward spiral like what is usually the case when a club fire a manager.

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

That's basically one more win over the course of a season under Pearson. So we've not regressed nor have we improved, we've stayed where we were.

Far to simplistic I'm afraid.

Manning has many more experienced players returning from injury, from memory...Vyner, Tanner  Williams, McCrorie, Wells, Conway just returned to bench (I'm sure there's more). Everyone would have expected progression under Nige with all the players back from injury

If winning one game less isn't regression what is?

If this is what was expected then there was no reason to sack Nige, none whatsoever!

• Like 7
  • Flames 3

Just now, BCFCGav said:

Yep it’s disillusioning for sure. I’m less ‘in to’ my football of late. Would love them to sell.

Just now, formerly known as ivan said:

It’s been said before, there was never going to be a new manager bounce as we were not in need of one. We weren’t on a downward spiral like what is usually the case when a club fire a manager.

You only have to look at Tommy C, he believed in Nige, I bet you he would have signed a new deal by now had Nige stayed. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

We will have to stick with it because clearly it obviously enables Tinnion to run the club, something Nige likely wouldn’t tolerate. Can we remind ourselves of the mess Gary J had to pick up! Hamster wheel turning, it will happen again no doubt. 

He was virtually salivating pre match about the transfer window and future transfer plans

He was full of it and tbf good to hear such positivity and if you judged everything purely on his interview , you’d say prepare for take off !

Hes definitely right at the centre of all this and clearly believes

Fingers crossed then ! 

🤞

Interesting that he was absolutely clear that they have have been given a percentage of the Antoine and Scott monies to ‘reinvest’

Edited by Sheltons Army
  • Like 2