IGNORED

What's changed?

harvey54

When we're buying players we could really use now, but loaning em back to their clubs for the rest of this season - it just says to me we think we're safe and we've written this season off from any achievement perspective and we're planning for next season. 

• Like 3
  • Robin 2

28 minutes ago, Redstart said:

When we're buying players we could really use now, but loaning em back to their clubs for the rest of this season - it just says to me we think we're safe and we've written this season off from any achievement perspective and we're planning for next season. 

If I was a player I'd be thinking the same thing. Hardly helping to inspire them I would imagine.

44 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

We aren’t safe from the drop by any means. No goals and we look fragile again. 

So you reckon QPR, 6 wins from 29 games are going to make up a 13 point gap & vastly inferior goal difference in their last 17 games?

Or Sheffield Wednesday? 15 points behind & an even worse goal difference?

Rotherham? 19 points behind & a worse goal difference still?

Want a £100 bet on it? Huddersfield (11 points behind, also a worse goal difference than us) won’t catch us, either.

Behave.

• Like 4

Just now, GrahamC said:

So you reckon QPR, 6 wins from 29 games are going to make up a 13 point gap & vastly inferior goal difference in their last 17 games?

Want a £100 bet on it? Huddersfield (11 points behind, also a worse goal difference than us) won’t catch us, either.

Behave.

Agree but I still think we will finish lower than last season I.e 15th or lower. That’s definitely not what was promised by the owners…

6 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

Agree but I still think we will finish lower than last season I.e 15th or lower. That’s definitely not what was promised by the owners…

Yep, but a completely different question.

I have zero respect for our chairman or Tinnion.

• Like 12

14 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Behave.

I think the point is, we shouldn't be looking down, the powers that be of our football club told us to look UP!

So how's that going?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

Absolute bollocks!

Who on earth do you think got rid of all the dead wood?

Pearce did!!!!

Who's Pearce? Weimann was still here, King is still here until the summer. James will go in summer

• Confused 1
  • Facepalm 2

6 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

What's changed? We now look very well coached. Not my words by the way. 

Leeds looked very well coached in how to beat us and our system that’s for sure.

‘They aren’t comfortable on the ball so put them under pressure; there are gaps all over the pitch with how they set up so run into space, and when they attack just block off the passing option’. 

29 minutes ago, Big C said:

The club is in a much better position now than under Pearson  shipping out dead wood and getting in players who will only improve

Define "better position" ?

What dead wood have been shipped out,?

How do you know the new signings will improve?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Natchfever said:

Define "better position" ?

What dead wood have been shipped out,?

How do you know the new signings will improve?

Weimann and Pearson for a start

They have more chance of improving than Weimann, King and James

• Hmmm 6

Nothing’s changed, nor will it ever change until the Lansdowns - and Tinnion - move on. That’s the sobering and sad reality. 

For context, I have no issue with being outclassed by Leeds tonight. But I have major issues with those running the club and the decisions they make.

• Like 6
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, Big C said:

Weimann and Pearson for a start

They have more chance of improving than Weimann, King and James

Must do better.

Weiman not considered dead wood by Corberan, who id wager knows a bit more about the game than "Big C"

King gone end May if Pearson was still around, and its funny that Manning still appears to value James isnt it.

The new players werent available to Pearson budget wise were they, but who exactly of them are you saying will improve with certainty?

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Behave.

Exactly this. Whilst the goal scoring opportunities remain a concern; matches against the parachute teams like tonight are not what will define our season. Anything we can get from these games is a bonus. We are a mid table Championship team & unless we have a serious change in ownership to take us in a different direction and with the proper investment to back it up with, we will remain so. Its as simple as that.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

Sorry, am I completely out of the loop?

When did football stop being about scoring goals or at least being a threat to the oppositions goal?

How can we be “progressive” or “going in the right direction” if we are rarely doing the one thing that defines how the points are won?

We look so toothless its untrue.

Edited by TomThumb84
  • Like 5

We were poor tonight, but we have been in the League at home since Hull in December.

The tempo is too slow in possession. Well Leeds tonight had that in abundance - Pace, quick passing, direct wingers. Strong midfield. Everything we haven't got right now.

I am unsure the slow passing football will work at this level. The successful sides right now have PACE and firepower, which again, we don't have. Not many sides are successful by playing a slower tempo at this level. 

It is within the club that worries me - not LM or when NP was here. The arrogance, the delusion. They want a certain way of playing but don't really know how to achieve it.

I think we have a lot of 'tidy' footballers, but without any player's who make much of difference where it matters which is putting the ball in the back of the net. To me we never looked like scoring tonight and that isn't the first time over the last month or so that i've thought that.

Lastly, the club wants players with the 'right' attitudes to come in. Fine, they can be nice lads for sure, but I would like to see ultra competitive players and players with desire in our team which Leeds also had in abundance tonight compared to our rather passive Footballers.

I just don't think we'll ever kick on with the current set up at the club.

• Like 2
  • Robin 1

6 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

Must do better.

Weiman not considered dead wood by Corberan, who id wager knows a bit more about the game than "Big C"

King gone end May if Pearson was still around, and its funny that Manning still appears to value James isnt it.

The new players werent available to Pearson budget wise were they, but who exactly of them are you saying will improve with certainty?

Weimann yet to start for West Brom and I will be surprised if he starts more than 5 games.

Yeah because football is full of certainties isn't it? James has been in and out since Manning has been in charge. Bird is an improvement