IGNORED

What's changed?

harvey54

4 hours ago, spudski said:

They may be able to improve...but I very much doubt they'll improve the levels of King and especially James. 

Premier league winners, who knows how to win, very good players with bags of knowledge  and experience. 

We also had a manager that achieved all that. 

When James, King,and most likely Wells and Weimann leave most likely in the summer...what are we left with?

Literally no one with top end experience, knowledge or anyone that's won anything worth winning and knowing how to do it. 

A coach learning his trade, and a squad of players that have done bugger all beyond mid table mediocrity, and youngsters looking to be moulded by people who have never won. 

Led by JL and BT who believe we are competitive top 6...if they truly believe that, then we are being led by people who are clueless and have poor judgement. 

If it's bullshit...which the majority of fans can see...then we are led by people who are happy to lie and mislead the fans. 

Where are the positives...

It's a merry go round, repeat and spin. 

I've posted a few times about how I'm worried we are going to let too much experience leave the building at once. 

I can see an argument for them all to leave on a playing perspective. However I see good value in retaining some of them because of their experience. Experience is something you can't coach. It's a vital ingredient in a squad of young players. 

It's something we missed under LJ. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I've posted a few times about how I'm worried we are going to let too much experience leave the building at once. 

I can see an argument for them all to leave on a playing perspective. However I see good value in retaining some of them because of their experience. Experience is something you can't coach. It's a vital ingredient in a squad of young players. 

It’s not just in the playing staff but through the whole club.  Phil Alexander, Nige, Curtis, Jason…

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

15 hours ago, GrahamC said:

So you reckon QPR, 6 wins from 29 games are going to make up a 13 point gap & vastly inferior goal difference in their last 17 games?

Or Sheffield Wednesday? 15 points behind & an even worse goal difference?

Rotherham? 19 points behind & a worse goal difference still?

Want a £100 bet on it? Huddersfield (11 points behind, also a worse goal difference than us) won’t catch us, either.

Behave.

That's fair enough Graham but on current form, unless there's an improvement, we're on course for a 16th-19th finish which is below the majority (?) view of 10th-12th reflecting a modicum of success this campaign. 

Will the owner, JL & BT fess up to perhaps getting it wrong in their assessment of NP not getting the most out of a "top 6" squad? I think not!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Big C said:

The club is in a much better position now than under Pearson  shipping out dead wood and getting in players who will only improve

If it’s in a better position it’s because of NP. Who are the deadwood? As your later post suggests, Weimman,King,James etc. 

So if NP had got rid of the “deadwood” who would he have replaced them with, given that his hands were tied in terms of finances? 

My last question, if NP could have “brought in players who could only improve”, what do you think might have happened there?

• Thanks 1
  • Flames 2

1 hour ago, headhunter said:

That's fair enough Graham but on current form, unless there's an improvement, we're on course for a 16th-19th finish which is below the majority (?) view of 10th-12th reflecting a modicum of success this campaign. 

Will the owner, JL & BT fess up to perhaps getting it wrong in their assessment of NP not getting the most out of a "top 6" squad? I think not!

QPR 2 up now at Blackburn could this be the team that the bottom half of the table are worried about, Rotherham and Weds look favs for drop but the 3rd place? oh and yes QPR will visit AG this month 🫣

3 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

It's odd...but as weeks have gone by, it's feeling more and more like LJs Tenure here..

Fans more divided again. More uncertainty. No trust in the top. Questionable tactics etc. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, spudski said:

It's odd...but as weeks have gone by, it's feeling more and more like LJs Tenure here..

Fans more divided again. More uncertainty. No trust in the top. Questionable tactics etc. 

Spot on,

Just to add, refusing to make changes or change tactics when it's obvious to almost everyone it isn't working

But can get a cup run

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, spudski said:

I agree with this

Our fanbase was Definitely divided by LJ, then we seemed to be more united under NP as you could see he was slowly turning the ship around and progress was being made, while bringing through some very talented youngsters.

Now we seem to be divided again.

I think the main reason for this is the reasons given by the board as to why NP was sacked and the expectations put upon the new 'relatively untried' manager

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, headhunter said:

Exactly, the reason given for replacing Nige was that he wasn’t getting the most out of the squad at his disposal, &  the new guy would this season. Now all of a sudden it’s, well what do you expect he’s not got his own players, and wait till next season, when he will have had the opportunity to have a pre season. The suits are already trying to change the narrative.

Edited by Ashtongreight
  • Like 1
  • Flames 1

44 minutes ago, Big C said:

it was Pearson who wouldn't play him there

Cant have dead wood leading the line surely.

What you saying, hes dead wood because of Pearson, or the manager who sanctioned his exit?

I saw a wholehearted player who gave his best wherever he played, who might help his club to the prem.

Please give it a rest.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

Cant have dead wood leading the line surely.

What you saying, hes dead wood because of Pearson, or the manager who sanctioned his exit?

I saw a wholehearted player who gave his best wherever he played, who might help his club to the prem.

Please give it a rest.

Hear Hear!