IGNORED

What's changed?

harvey54

What's changed is the idiotic decision to go back to a 3 at the back. 

It didn't work before, it doesn't work now and it won't work in the future. 

Someone will one day have the light bulb moment to go back to a 4 and then we'll see things improve again and then we'll just continue to go around and around in circles. 

• Like 5
  • Flames 2

2 hours ago, Redstart said:

When we're buying players we could really use now, but loaning em back to their clubs for the rest of this season - it just says to me we think we're safe and we've written this season off from any achievement perspective and we're planning for next season. 

I think it's more of a case that the clubs knew they'd lose them in the summer for sure so rather than lose them midseason we've made a proposition to buy them and loan them back rather than compete with other clubs for their signature in the summer.

It seems after today's dismal performance everyone is so peeved that they're just looking for any reason to attack the club/owners no matter what it's about. I agree the situation needs to be addressed but at this point people are just looking for anything to complain about. 

For me the main issue is in that we've changed our style of play but don't have the quality to play it against certain teams which means we're easy to beat. We can play the possession football with 3 at the back against some teams and we'll get results, but Manning should know better than to go up against a team like Leeds and put two up front leaving us lacking in the middle and exposed on the wings when they have an abundance of talent that can expose that.

I'm fine with us playing possession football, I'm fine with three at the back, what I'm not fine with is having no second plan for when we go into a match knowing that we're leaving ourselves exposed. 

If we wanted to play two upfront against a higher quality of opponent in good form we should be looking at a flat back 4, 4 in midfield and have Tommy coming back to be the 5th man in midfield until we get in the final third where him and Nhaki could then move into that striker pairing. 

I don't think our issues are as bad as we feel they are after that game, we're not going to be playing Leeds every week but we will need to be able to change our shape on the fly when we are being outplayed and most importantly we need to get points on the board. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Big C said:

The club is in a much better position now than under Pearson  shipping out dead wood and getting in players who will only improve

And by the way, that is the precise definition of the majority of Pearson's work on the squad. 

Which you would know if you had been paying attention or had the intelligence to understand it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The Wild Bunch said:

Tinnion has written off the season judging by his interview on Radio Bristol.  

Lots of talk about the summer transfer window and our targets.  Would like a number 9 and a 10 if Twine returns to Burnley.

King and James will definitely be released.  

Tinnion couldn't write his ****ing name.

46 minutes ago, Superjack said:

Tinnion couldn't write his ****ing name.

I've just listened to his interview. 

Some things I was impressed with like the talk about Bird and the younger signings and pleased to hear that Stokes and SPH will be joining us for training when those clubs don't have midweek games.

But alot of it I was unimpressed with. For example him saying that with all the recent sell outs that clearly shows there is a feel food factor around the club about what's happening and that the fans are clearly enjoying the football now. 

He's so out of touch he couldn't be more out of touch if he tried. 

• Like 7

4 hours ago, GrahamC said:

So you reckon QPR, 6 wins from 29 games are going to make up a 13 point gap & vastly inferior goal difference in their last 17 games?

Or Sheffield Wednesday? 15 points behind & an even worse goal difference?

Rotherham? 19 points behind & a worse goal difference still?

Want a £100 bet on it? Huddersfield (11 points behind, also a worse goal difference than us) won’t catch us, either.

Behave.

You're almost certainly correct but stranger things have happened in football.

150/1 at the bookies for relegation, so £100 would cost you £15,000 but I very much doubt bookies would allow the bet, prob max stake of £10 or £20.

However its fair to say at least one of the bottom 4 will put a run of 3 or 4 consecutive wins together between now and the end of the season, probably when one of them appoints Warnock! The good news is that he can't manage two teams....

Suspect relegation is no major concern but the sense of drift appears to have well and truly returned.

3 at the back, season theoretically as I said the other day could be all but over by mid February.

The lack of consistency underpinning performances..in the League certainly it feels like something is lacking badly atm.

8 hours ago, GrahamC said:

So you reckon QPR, 6 wins from 29 games are going to make up a 13 point gap & vastly inferior goal difference in their last 17 games?

Want a £100 bet on it? Huddersfield (11 points behind, also a worse goal difference than us) won’t catch us, either.

Behave.

Whilst relegation MAY be a long shot, we are just 6 points off Birmingham in 20th. Birmingham who won just 2 games in a 13 game spell - not far off Manning. That is a realistic placing for us if we don’t pick up. I don’t have the faith in the players under this manager and system that we will match our league position of last year. 

7 hours ago, Big C said:

Weimann yet to start for West Brom and I will be surprised if he starts more than 5 games.

Yeah because football is full of certainties isn't it? James has been in and out since Manning has been in charge. Bird is an improvement  

Whilst not knocking the signing, how do you know he is an improvement (at Championship level)? How many times have you seen him play out of interest?

8 hours ago, Big C said:

The club is in a much better position now than under Pearson  shipping out dead wood and getting in players who will only improve

Big C can you explain why we are in a better position under Manning ? the only player we have got rid of since he came in was Weimann To say we are in a better position now  is ridiculous It was NP who got rid of the high earners and dead wood and i'm sure if NP had been given the money that was wasted sacking him and his backroom staff to strenghten the squad we would be better off than now.  5 wins in 18 games is poor and if we hadnt had a good cup run the fans would have turned on LM

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Spike said:

I think it's more of a case that the clubs knew they'd lose them in the summer for sure so rather than lose them midseason we've made a proposition to buy them and loan them back rather than compete with other clubs for their signature in the summer.

Yep, agree with this point, my point though is we've obviously identified the squad needs strengthening,  buying these players will do so - but for next season, not this season. Forget the Leeds performance, I never expected a result from that game anyway, but to my mind we are just looking to see this season out with what we have and to me that is very disappointing. 

8 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Behave.

Your list could change rapidly after we face Boro and Southampton, then QPR visit us at home.... looks like a vital game.....hows our home form going? then straight after away to Wednesday wont be easy.

Still confident then maybe Leics/Ipswich and WBA will change your mind next month? well likely to be pushing the bottom six than the top six by then imo.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, mason said:

Your list could change rapidly after we face Boro and Southampton, then QPR visit us at home.... looks like a vital game.....hows our home form going? then straight after away to Wednesday wont be easy.

Still confident then maybe Leics/Ipswich and WBA will change your mind next month? well likely to be pushing the bottom six than the top six by then imo.

How many points do you think the bottom four will get?

You have completely misunderstood my point, they don’t win.

I say we’d definitely stay up, nothing more.

We barely need any more points to stay up & aren’t going on a 17 match losing run.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

How many points do you think the bottom four will get?

You have completely misunderstood my point, they don’t win.

I say we’d definitely stay up, nothing more.

We barely need any more points to stay up & aren’t going on a 17 match losing run.

Nothing is definite but it will be alot closer than it is atm,

Have said before it is likely that our defence will keep us safe but anything could yet still happen, bottom 6 is way more likely than top 6......this is not what Manning was brought in for and NP was sacked for. Bullcrap from them upstairs.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Big C said:

Weimann and Pearson for a start

They have more chance of improving than Weimann, King and James

They may be able to improve...but I very much doubt they'll improve the levels of King and especially James. 

Premier league winners, who knows how to win, very good players with bags of knowledge  and experience. 

We also had a manager that achieved all that. 

When James, King,and most likely Wells and Weimann leave most likely in the summer...what are we left with?

Literally no one with top end experience, knowledge or anyone that's won anything worth winning and knowing how to do it. 

A coach learning his trade, and a squad of players that have done bugger all beyond mid table mediocrity, and youngsters looking to be moulded by people who have never won. 

Led by JL and BT who believe we are competitive top 6...if they truly believe that, then we are being led by people who are clueless and have poor judgement. 

If it's bullshit...which the majority of fans can see...then we are led by people who are happy to lie and mislead the fans. 

Where are the positives...

It's a merry go round, repeat and spin. 

Edited by spudski
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Flames 6

8 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Someone will one day have the light bulb moment to go back to a 4 and then we'll see things improve again and then we'll just continue to go around and around in circles. 

I think this is out of necessity aswell though, because we badly miss Sykes going forward and for me I’d rather have Tanner and McCrorie in there than Bell 

9 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

It has never worked at this level for this football club.

12 hours ago, harvey54 said:

We've changed our manager. We now have a young man who did ok at Milton Keynes for a while instead of a man who built a squad that went on to win the Premier League. 

We still play football that's not particularly easy to watch, some might say dull and predictable. 

We're closer in points to relegation than to promotion.

We've sold our most experienced forward and replaced him with unproven youngsters, some of whom have been sent back to where we bought them from til next season. 

The fans are still frustrated, some are still angry and disillusioned. 

The board/owners appear to have written off this season but if they can sell one of the youngsters they've bought in a couple of years for £10 - 12 million plus then that's all that matters. 

If Groundhog Day did football clubs........

And if Groundhog Day did fans forums……..😂😂😂

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Big C said:

Weimann yet to start for West Brom and I will be surprised if he starts more than 5 games.

Yeah because football is full of certainties isn't it? James has been in and out since Manning has been in charge. Bird is an improvement  

What is your weird obsession with James, Weimann and King? They were clearly brought into the club to bring some kind of stability and professionalism when NP came in because we were at the time a sinking ship. 

Both James and Weimann for the majority of their time here have been our best performing players. We have benefited from their experience. 

You are being totally disrespectful towards them in your posts

• Like 6

2 hours ago, spudski said:

When James, King,and most likely Wells and Weimann leave most likely in the summer...what are we left with?

Literally no one with top end experience, knowledge or anyone that's won anything worth winning and knowing how to do it. 

A coach learning his trade, and a squad of players that have done bugger all beyond mid table mediocrity, and youngsters looking to be moulded by people who have never won. 

Led by JL and BT who believe we are competitive top 6...if they truly believe that, then we are being led by people who are clueless and have poor judgement. 

If it's bullshit

Scary isn't it, Spud.....

And the reason I'm very,very concerned for the direction next season takes us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Charlie BCFC said:

I think this is out of necessity aswell though, because we badly miss Sykes going forward and for me I’d rather have Tanner and McCrorie in there than Bell 

Will be interesting to see how Sykes & Twine out there together change the dynamic..

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 2015 said:

What is your weird obsession with James, Weimann and King? They were clearly brought into the club to bring some kind of stability and professionalism when NP came in because we were at the time a sinking ship. 

Both James and Weimann for the majority of their time here have been our best performing players. We have benefited from their experience. 

You are being totally disrespectful towards them in your posts

I have nothing against them In fact I think James has been a good signing and I've always admired Weimanns work rate but they are not the future and we were going nowhere with them

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Big C said:

I have nothing against them In fact I think James has been a good signing and I've always admired Weimanns work rate but they are not the future and we were going nowhere with them

So what's your problem with them for now then? I think this season was always going to be their last regardless who was in charge.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2015 said:

So what's your problem with them for now then? I think this season was always going to be their last regardless who was in charge.

Nothing but I'm more excited about the players coming in than playing them