IGNORED

FBC POD - Leeds Utd. [H] the verdict .... they were good, we weren't!!!

headhunter

DaveP, Mark, Ian & The Suttons debate a disappointing night at Ashton Gate.

One can't ignore the fact that Leeds were technically far superior to us but the crowd had the right to expect more than the leaden-footed showing dished up by the players who looked a pale shadow of the side that competed against West Ham & Forest. That being said, Leeds looked better all round than both of them.

This is a link to a live podcast recording at 09.00 Saturday and viewable thereafter as well as being on Spotify etc.

👇

Really enjoyed coming on, interesting debate and I think a fair yet not reactionary view on the result last night. A bit of a free hit on Wednesday however, need to address the scoring issue hope mebude makes a difference as he adds a different physical profile to TC or NW and reminds me of Gatlin O’Donkor who Manning worked with at Oxford. 

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, chowie said:

Watching this live, Ian has lost it and thrown his toys out the cot twice so far, worth a watch.

I'm sorry but Thomas and I had to call him out on some of the things he was saying.

Particularly on the injury front and the young players in the Under 18s and 21s.

Ian and I will be going to couples counselling later this week...🤣

• Haha 2
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Not sure TC will be developed if he stays here? 

Whilst I haven’t listened to the POD I can actually understand this. 

I don’t believe Conway will fulfill his potential here. We currently are not playing to his strengths; both style and set up. As and when he departs, hopefully he selects the right club that will suit him, and it’ll see him go up a number of levels. Fingers crossed we get top dollar though. 

Edited by Engvall’s Splinter
  • Like 2

Just now, Engvall’s Splinter said:

I don’t believe Conway will fulfill his potential here. We currently are not playing to his strengths, style and set up. As and when he departs, hopefully he carefully selects the right club that will suit him and it’ll see him go up a number of levels. Fingers crossed we get top dollar though. 

I'm just reacting to a comment made on the pod. Listening now

26 minutes ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

I don’t believe Conway will fulfill his potential here. We currently are not playing to his strengths; both style and set up. As and when he departs, hopefully he selects the right club that will suit him, and it’ll see him go up a number of levels. Fingers crossed we get top dollar though. 

What is top dollar in your view come summer when he has just 12 months left on his contract?

BTW, @frenchred & @REDOXO , "critical" for you enough this episode??

22 minutes ago, headhunter said:

What is top dollar in your view come summer when he has just 12 months left on his contract?

I hope so @headhunter I won’t be listening for a few days due to location and logistics. But am looking forward to it!

I know I’ve had a bit to say lately but you have lost your edge and with it my interest. However I do appreciate the service/blog. 

Just don’t turn into a bland 3twTs and a smart arse type show because you want Manning to succeed more than paying attention to what is in front of you!

Edited by REDOXO
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I hope so @headhunter I won’t be listening for a few days due to location and logistics. But am looking forward to it!

I know I’ve had a bit to say lately but you have lost your edge and with it my interest. However I do appreciate the service/blog. 

Just don’t turn into a bland 3twTs and a smart arse type show because you want Manning to succeed more than paying attention to what is in front of you!

@REDOXO have a listen mate.

I think it was pretty balanced, with @TomSutton adding some insight to the young players, as well as some challenges going in over the random assertions. 👍

Disagree with Ian that the Boro game is more important than Forest. We can’t go up or down so let’s try to beat Forest and play Man United at home. More cash in the coffers and a potential giant killing.  We aren’t going to get the two points per game needed to finish in the play offs and it’s impossible to get down so how is the Boro game more important? It’s one league game 

Couldn’t agree more with Thomas @40 secs in, concerning LM’s system and his inability to change and adapt. 

well done @headhunterfor challenging Ian. And a great summing up from Neil at 50mins. 

What Ian forgets is you can’t compare the team that NP took over from Holden and all the stuff that was happening at the club with the team that LM took over from NP, just no comparison at all. 

Edited by JP Hampton
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, headhunter said:

I’m with Neil. I think we’ll do well to get much more than 5m for him, unless he really hits the goal trail between now and the end of the season. 8m tops, with a few add ons perhaps. 

35 minutes ago, Leabrook said:

Disagree with Ian that the Boro game is more important than Forest. We can’t go up or down so let’s try to beat Forest and play Man United at home. More cash in the coffers and a potential giant killing.  We aren’t going to get the two points per game needed to finish in the play offs and it’s impossible to get down so how is the Boro game more important? It’s one league game 

We need to get in the habit of winning league games.

At current PPG we'll struggle to reach last season's points tally which points towards a 14th - 17th final placing 

Thought it was a good POD to be fair, with some great points raised. For me that was Tom’s best appearance of the season. Totally agree that Manning is very rigid in his methods. I applaud LM’s confidence but I do think he’s underestimating this level of football. We are very one dimensional at the minute, and the same in-game changes are very naive. 

Again, tin hat on, but I agree with Tom re McCrorie - everyone is getting a little overexcited in my opinion. Yes he’s been physical, he’s demanding of his teammates and an aerial threat but technically he isn’t there (yet). Hopefully that’s more to do with him returning from a long lay off but the jury is out at the minute. 

Talk of throwing in youngsters, Joe Low style, are ridiculous as was the suggestion of Sykes, Atkinson and Naismith being throw straight back in without any U’21 action. I’m all for cameo roles for experience or to bring players up to speed fitness wise, but Ian is way off for me there. The previous medical regime had taken stick (unwarranted I might add) for chucking players in too soon. 

No doubt Ian was frantically googling Raekwon Nelson’s position at one point when picked up by Tom. 

Im not happy with Mark’s view that we may have to get worse to get better, why? Our recruitment team have procured players to fit a style as part of the overall playing strategy. It has been intimated recently that should a manager depart, nothing significantly changes - if in the summer it does then Brian Tinnion has appointed the wrong coach. 

Finally, we are hearing the season is over and we are starting AGAIN in the summer. Therefore, play a decent side against Forest and let’s get ourselves a game against United. That’ll give us something to look forward to over the bland garbage currently being served up. 

Did chuckle when Ian said “if you are going to take the piss, I won’t tell you anymore”. Grown bloke. If he could’ve blocked you all from the POD at that point he probably would have 🤣

Edited by Engvall’s Splinter
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

Am I going daft or was a legacy from NP then the Fleming farewell of 1.4 PPG and a slowly improving injury picture not bequeathed? Plus a settled shape having been 4-3-3 for 10-11 months save for one first half v Coventry.

40% win ratio too (League again).

Fairly good legacy that (let alone all the 2.5 years)..Manning is at best treading water a bit, perhaps we are going backwards in the League very much so.

4 from 15 to date, what is it 17 pts from 15?

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 2
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

Thought it was a good POD to be fair, with some great points raised. For me that was Tom’s best appearance of the season. Totally agree that Manning is very rigid in his methods. I applaud LM’s confidence but I do think he’s underestimating this level of football. We are very one dimensional at the minute, and the same in-game changes are very naive. 

Again, tin hat on, but I agree with Tom re McCrorie - everyone is getting a little overexcited in my opinion. Yes he’s been physical, he’s demanding of his teammates and an aerial threat but technically he isn’t there (yet). Hopefully that’s more to do with him returning from a long lay off but the jury is out at the minute. 

Talk of throwing in youngsters, Joe Low style, are ridiculous as was the suggestion of Sykes, Atkinson and Naismith being throw straight back in without any U’21 action. I’m all for cameo roles for experience or to bring players up to speed fitness wise, but Ian is way off for me there. The previous medical regime had taken stick (unwarranted I might add) for chucking players in too soon. 

No doubt Ian was frantically googling Raekwon Nelson’s position at one point when picked up by Tom. 

Im not happy with Mark’s view that we may have to get worse to get better, why? Our recruitment team have procured players to fit a style as part of the overall playing strategy. It has been intimated recently that should a manager depart, nothing significantly changes - if in the summer it does then Brian Tinnion has appointed the wrong coach. 

Finally, we are hearing the season is over and we are starting AGAIN in the summer. Therefore, play a decent side against Forest and let’s get ourselves a game against United. That’ll give us something to look forward to over the bland garbage currently being served up. 

Did chuckle when Ian said “if you are going to take the piss, I won’t tell you anymore”. Grown bloke. If he could’ve blocked you all from the POD at that point he probably would have 🤣

That concerns me more than anything. LJ had his 'gung ho' method. It doesn't inspire much hope for the future. People are mentioning his lack of tactical nous, that's critical, surely?

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Sounds like a must-watch!

It was a mad listen on my morning walk.

Ian is extremely rude at times, especially to @headhunter. I know if I was hosting, I'd have kick-banned him, or at least muted his audio.

He was defending his alleged ITK position re comebacks from injury "100% guaranteed source", by quoting his recent ITK transfer success.

If anyone had called that out, I think he'd have left never to return.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

It was a mad listen on my morning walk.

Ian is extremely rude at times, especially to @headhunter. I know if I was hosting, I'd have kick-banned him, or at least muted his audio.

He was defending his alleged ITK position re comebacks from injury "100% guaranteed source", by quoting his recent ITK transfer success.

If anyone had called that out, I think he'd have left never to return.

You should’ve heard him before we went live on Wednesday morning.  Rude and abusive to @Curr Avon.  He needs a bit of “rotation” by Dave.  Shouldn’t be first name on the team sheet, just because he’s available.

Almost recreating Kraftwerk there!

image.thumb.png.03588913c9a15d26e7b8cc9dc1610ad1.png

Loving the inconsistency of Ian’s arguments  excuses. Hypocritical from what he used to say when Nige was manager.  Becoming a parody of himself.

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 8

I'm sorry, but saying we have to compare whats happening now to the same point after Pearson first took over is absolute garbage. A staggeringly ignorant comment.

Anyone with any sort memory should know that Pearson took over an absolute train wreck, Liam Manning took over a perfectly decent, wholly committed, mid table team. 

That is either mindlessly stupid or just pure gaslighting.

Edited by bearded_red
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1