IGNORED

FBC POD - Leeds Utd. [H] the verdict .... they were good, we weren't!!!

headhunter

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

Clearly a Cup run can be useful and enjoyable and we should aim to get as far as we can

Nah according to Ian we should just forfeit the cup run and the prize money and a lucrative game against Man Utd and concentrate on the league. 

Well he didn't say that in as many words but by saying field a load of younger who's never played before away against a Premier league team thats essentially what he is saying.

The Man Utd game would be worth what? 500k to us? And potential prize money if we beat them. We're 3 wins from Wembley and the money that comes with that. But yea, let's field our youngsters at Forest to rest the first team players for the Boro game even tho our season is pretty much over. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Just got to this point in the pod.

image.thumb.png.20adf619fa89279b293803c2d8f0e85e.png

Ian has gone so all-in on Manning to prove why he was anti-Nige, he’s lost all objectivity.

His one-game knee-jerk reactions on players like Dickie and then suggesting Campbell-Slowey is borderline “sectioning” rationale.

The “give him a game” mantra (Nelson, etc) is embarrassing in terms of the reasons he gives.  It has no basis other than “change something in the hope it works”.

Thought it was Donald Trump-Esque performance from Ian.  ITK gone to his head.

The ironic thing is, those players were more likely to get a game under Nige than under Manning. 

• Like 5
  • Robin 1

54 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

For some bizarre reason it appears that Brian Tinnion is the person feeding (directly or indirectly) Ian Gay.  In what parallel universe did someone think that would be sensible? 🤣🤣🤣

It is clear it’s Tins in some way.

It probably just shows how dense Tinnion is. To think that a suitable conduit to get messages out to the fanbase is Ian Bloody Gay would only be more dumb if he’d opted to pass information to Tony Wilkins.

Of course, Ian loves it and circle jerks back to Tinnion what a great job he’s doing and how everyone is supportive, because Ian’s so enamoured with his ITK status he can’t do anything else.

• Like 7
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I made a comment on here once back when they did the Liam Manning appointed pod. My comment was along the lines of they were that certain people on the pod would in the future go to any lengths to defend Manning because of their dislike for Nige. It was obvious it was always going to go that way. 

It's interesting to see the direction Ian is going in considering as you say he's hammered every other manager. He put all his money on Manning being a successful. Ian is one of those people that can never ever be wrong and can very rarely admit to being wrong. So he has to continue supporting Manning. 

Mate, why don’t you go on? I’d genuinely like to hear your thoughts against Ian’s. Ask @headhunter would you have @W-S-M Seagull on the pod? 

6 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Of course I would. DM me.

I know I’m gonna be disappointed that WSM don’t look like a seagull in real life.

Just like when I met @Fordy62 and found out he looked nothing like Colin Daniel 🤣

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Ooooh, and now he is getting angry. Petulant, the bloke is in his 60s fgs.

Yep, he definitely has a touch of the small man syndrome, amazing really for someone who’s so obsessed about heights of players!

• Haha 2

@headhunter I really enjoy your pods. I've listened for years (all through the early years of those audio tech issues!) 🤣

I'm not a great fan on Ian because of his arrogant attitude however he does add spice to the pod and better than any other BCFC pod out there, I like hearing everyones opinion and that includes Ians too.

@Davefevs I don't think you continuously being anti Ian on OTIB is a good look. If you don't like the guy then don't listen. Surely its awkward calling Ian out on here and then actually being on the podcast when he is on Dave? 

@headhunter I do feel sorry for Mark as you often go to him last for his opinion on many questions you ask and then talk over him, however I think the pod is great especially now you are on youtube.

I have a close relative who plays for a Premiership club first team (North London) but have always supported BCFC and luckily attend many games at AG in hospitality aswell as in the Williams stand with friends. My view on City right now is inconsistent. For what its worth if you talk to people in the Prem their view on City is a well run club, Lansdowns may annoy alot of people but it could be a whole lot worse, the grass isnt always greener with new owners. Keep up the good work on the pod as it really is addictive listening. 👍🏻

Edited by RedTaunton
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, RedTaunton said:

@headhunter I really enjoy your pods. I've listened for years (all through the early years of those audio tech issues!) 🤣

I'm not a great fan on Ian because of his arrogant attitude however he does add spice to the pod and better than any other BCFC pod out there, I like hearing everyones opinion and that includes Ians too.

@Davefevs I don't think you continuously being anti Ian on OTIB is a good look. If you don't like the guy then don't listen. Surely its awkward calling Ian out on here and then actually being on the podcast when he is on Dave? 

@headhunter I do feel sorry for Mark as you often go to him last for his opinion on many questions you ask and then talk over him, however I think the pod is great especially now you are on youtube.

I have a close relative who plays for a Premiership club first team (North London) but have always supported BCFC and luckily attend many games at AG in hospitality aswell as in the Williams stand with friends. My view on City right now is inconsistent. For what its worth if you talk to people in the Prem their view on City is a well run club, Lansdowns may annoy alot of people but it could be a whole lot worse, the grass isnt always greener with new owners. Keep up the good work on the pod as it really is addictive listening. 👍🏻

Not awkward at all, if he comes out with stuff I disagree with enough, I’ll call him out / give my opinion back out on the pod too.  I’m not anti-Ian, I’m anti some of Ian’s opinions / statements.  Off air he’s quite different, if you’ve met him or spoken with him.

If you’re gonna come up with inconsistencies because of agenda, or put out preposterous team selections like Campbell-Slowey to play CB on Wednesday v Forest, then expect challenge from opinionated gits like me!

When I’ve made claims on the pod and Ian has muttered away stuff like “where did you get from, on OTIB I guess”, I’m prepared to defend them.

Not picking on @Tim Monaghan, but when he accused me of hating SL on the pod (using chat option), I defended it, gave my rationale for it.  It’s then up to people if they want to agree, disagree, add nuance, context etc.  it’s all part of the debate and the reasons for pods and forums.

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 2
  • Flames 2

1 hour ago, RedTaunton said:

Thanks, now run along and support your relative 

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I know I’m gonna be disappointed that WSM don’t look like a seagull in real life.

Just like when I met @Fordy62 and found out he looked nothing like Colin Daniel 🤣

Yeah always weird when you meet people after you’ve heard their voices. Rarely do they look anything like you imagine 😂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JP Hampton said:

Yeah always weird when you meet people after you’ve heard their voices. Rarely do they look anything like you imagine 😂

Every time @Curr Avon makes a joke on here, I can hear it being said in his voice because of listening to the pod. 😁Same with the others too, you can judge the tone of their post better because you’ve heard their voice @Davefevs @headhunter (don’t know Neil and Tom’s handle on here). Same with people from OSIB 

3 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Every time @Curr Avon makes a joke on here, I can hear it being said in his voice because of listening to the pod. 😁Same with the others too, you can judge the tone of their post better because you’ve heard their voice @Davefevs @headhunter (don’t know Neil and Tom’s handle on here). Same with people from OSIB 

@NcnsBcfc @TomSutton 👍

• Thanks 1

On 03/02/2024 at 17:56, headhunter said:

Of course I would. DM me.

I have listened to most of your podcasts over the last few years, whilst not always agreeing with Ian he usually can explain his rationale, even if at times an aggressive manner. However whether it’s his recent found ITK status or what he has been getting rather too much lately imo. The way he told you to “shut up” in the last episode was rude and uncalled for. He does seem to becoming a bit too big for his boots. 

BTW keep up the good work, best City pod by far.

• Like 2