IGNORED

Dis-engaged

97Robin

9 hours ago, 97Robin said:

28, ST since 6yrs old. Never felt this dis-engaged. "Manning ball" is awful anyone who disagrees is kidding themselves. Pearson should never have been sacked maybe not always pretty but played to our strengths and was effective. Thanks for the good times and the infrastructure but time to go Lansdown.

image.png.15cb3859eb58dab403e1d271849e43b6.png

• Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Facepalm 5

25 minutes ago, Bedminster said:

I mean most of the ground were hounding him out at that West Brom (?) game. Not the echo chamber of OTIB. 

He repeatedly made reference in his sarcastic manner about his contract and future, pointing fingers at the board. He made his own position untenable.

As soon as he left the club he went and got his health issues sorted (I’m glad of this!).

Surely you can’t be that dense to not see he wasn’t healthy? He was barely at the training ground in his final weeks with us. That’s a cold hard fact. 

Haha most of the ground. There were about 50 in S82

His sarcastic finger pointing and swipes at the board were during the October international break, after he had been asked to resign.

Fact.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

12 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

So Pearson (allegedly) was barely at the training ground, but Manning is there all the time.

So, with the benefit of that, is our football and PPG any better now?

it certainly should be, but unfortunately it is not.

I’ve stated I’m not sure manning is the right person to take this club forward. This romanticism about NP is super weird though. 

13 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

No , I’m too ‘dense’ to be a ‘parrot’

Good start on here

Thank you Mr OTIB. Sorry for contributing on your forum 🙄

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

15 minutes ago, Full nelson said:

I think people will buy a ST because they have nothing else to do and Use it as a meet up with friends

over pay on food and drinks, watch boring football etc etc. 

Rinse repeat every home game. Supporting city is a chore which is why I stopped going and only go when it suits me. 

A lot of truth in what you say, certainly for my lot.

But unfortunately, the habit of a lifetime is beginning to lose it's lustre, especially as it's becoming more and more expensive.

Just now, Akira said:

Think it's more a case of showing a bit of respect to posters that have been here years, rather than being a bit of a dick tbh. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but the patronising comments (what are you, a parrot?) after only just joining are unnecessary. 

Being fond of a previous manager because they brought togetherness, a vision and could see progress, along with calling a spade a spade, isn't wierd at all. It's appreciating what you've got/had and he was ousted because of egos at the top (Tins and Lansdowns). The treatment of NP was uncalled for, and the football he gave us deserved a new contract, but instead he got sacked.

And now we have Manning. 

And we were then given the line 'top 6' which is why some will never forget or forgive that, despite some posters best attempts to silence them, trying to belittle and say they 'crave' attention. No, they just want to fall in love with football and their club again. 

Thanks Ricky

• Facepalm 6

20 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Chris, Dog, Lez, Gabrielle, Londoner…..just **** off.

thanks Dave, i was going to say it but in not such a diplomatic way as the dog bit didnt enter my mind.

fwiw, i believe Nigel would have continued to manage the team quite effectively if they were worried about him not being there due to health reasons, he had quality coaches etc in place doing the hard yards, he was the one piecing it all together keeping a close eye on everything. I read an article once where he said it wasnt his way of managing to be in everyones face every day, only when he thought it necessary, i think that is where the togetherness stems from that BT and JL have destroyed

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

4 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Vincent Tan?

Brilliant example, just the two more promotions to the Prem than Lansdown.

”Be careful what you wish for” FFS.

I think you forgotten the  total sh1t storm when the red flag Malaysia  was fluttering over the stadium and the plan to make them play in red shirts.  Total uproar (which was rather funny) at the time. He had sold their soul was the claim

Edited by DT The Optimist
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

I think you forgotten the  total sh1t storm when the red flag Malaysia  was fluttering over the stadium and the plan to make them play in red shirts.  Total uproar (which was rather funny) at the time. He had sold their soul was the claim

Nope, not forgotten.

Fact is he’s achieved something (twice) that SL hasn’t & most don’t give a shit about shirts, as can be witnessed by some of the abominations we have worn recently.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

4 hours ago, Graham76 said:

I’m completely disengaged. I sat in the stands last night absolutely miserable.  I was prepared to give manning and the club a chance, but we’ve regressed.  It won’t be long before we bring back the loans physio 

Agree. For the first time last night I thought "what's the point", we're so far off ever getting promoted, or even challenging for top 6 it's so demotivating. The cycle of new manager, new rebuild, new manager new rebuild, and we're never any closer. We had absolutely nothing last night, so so disheartened 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Akira said:

Think it's more a case of showing a bit of respect to posters that have been here years, rather than being a bit of a dick tbh. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but the patronising comments (what are you, a parrot?) after only just joining are unnecessary. 

Being fond of a previous manager because they brought togetherness, a vision and could see progress, along with calling a spade a spade, isn't wierd at all. It's appreciating what you've got/had and he was ousted because of egos at the top (Tins and Lansdowns). The treatment of NP was uncalled for, and the football he gave us deserved a new contract, but instead he got sacked.

And now we have Manning. 

And we were then given the line 'top 6' which is why some will never forget or forgive that, despite some posters best attempts to silence them, trying to belittle and say they 'crave' attention. No, they just want to fall in love with football and their club again. 

Great post.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

No they didn’t , just the ‘we want it and we want it NOW ‘ brigade

And those people are now staunch supporters/defenders of Liam Manning which I think tells its own story.

I'm still waiting to see this sexy football that these people are telling me that we are now playing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, P'head Red said:

Agree. For the first time last night I thought "what's the point", we're so far off ever getting promoted, or even challenging for top 6 it's so demotivating. The cycle of new manager, new rebuild, new manager new rebuild, and we're never any closer. We had absolutely nothing last night, so so disheartened 

I love a match day at Ashton Gate. I look forward to it all week. I've sat through some proper shit over the past few years. False dawn after false dawn. 

But for the 1st time ever I'm considering not bothering for the rest of the season because I'm just so fed up with it all. I think I need to stay away to see of my passion if attending can be reignited. 

I'm just totally annoyed by the constant rebuilds which just leaves us in the same position.

I spend 30-40 quid a match day. Yes thats my choice but that's how I choose to enjoy a matchday. With that and tickets that's about 150 a month and I'm now thinking there are probably other ways to spend 150 quid that are more enjoyable. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

And those people are now staunch supporters/defenders of Liam Manning which I think tells its own story.

I'm still waiting to see this sexy football that these people are telling me that we are now playing. 

In fairness , I think their probably were a fair scattering that would have been happy to see NP changed at that time (I didn’t , and don’t agree with them but their view at that time) who began to see / realise what NP was doing here and in what circumstances and began to support him and back him , and that’s fine , and always credit for moving and being prepared to change an opinion

Some thought that it was time to make a change , which again I disagreed with but that’s fine

then , There are some who clearly had no comprehension or understanding of what NP did here and what an important period it was for the club and it is noticeable some are incredibly desperate to back and ‘protect’ LM from any questioning or criticism - very notable and strange.

Have to say , the constant regurgitating the NP issue and the change , and hierarchy’s nonsense etc etc  isn’t really getting anyone anywhere , or helping anything , as understandable as it may be and as easy it is to become involved , as I’m doing now.

I guess it’s inevitable but the fan base is very edgy and divided in various issues.

As for LM , the whole situation , circumstances , is strange in many ways , and tbh I have no idea which way this one will swing.

I have some definite concerns in some areas but as much as I could see it struggling and become a real problem ,  it also wouldn’t shock me if he does form something good , but I’m not sure quite why I think that either , just a weird gut feeling that I can’t evidence  

In theory I like the fact that we have , or claim to have a clear plan in terms of recruitment / moving forward and I’d say our transfer business has been interesting , sensible , and one I can go with personally.

How good , and successful , that plan is going forward we shall see and recruitment as ever key for me 

What concerns me in that respect is that recruiting for NP and the plan at that time is clearly different to recruiting for LM and the current plan.

Its a change in direction all round , not a tweak 

If the change in direction proves positive , Unless LM really is an excellent coach , tactician and man manager , it’s not going to be a rapid rise and , although stability or steady progress is fine by me , I don’t get the vibe that our fans overall have or will have that level of patience 

6 hours ago, PFree said:

It’s all about money I’m afraid, appreciate FFP, but whilst we continue to shop at Aldi, avoid spending decent wages on quality players, and “build youngsters to sell once better”, this strategy will never allow us to compete with the bigger boys.

Mediocrity will continue but we will hopefully not be relegated anytime soon.

Exactly this, if we’re going to operate like this to stay within the limits and a mid table team that’s fine. But stop with all the “top six squad” and “premier league” s**t!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Nope, not forgotten.

Fact is he’s achieved something (twice) that SL hasn’t & most don’t give a shit about shirts, as can be witnessed by some of the abominations we have worn recently.

I do not believe  that.. imagine a new owner coming here and all of a sudden we had to play in blue shirts !  I dread to think about the repercussions. Still all totally hypothetical  as will never happen

29 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

I do not believe  that.. imagine a new owner coming here and all of a sudden we had to play in blue shirts !  I dread to think about the repercussions. Still all totally hypothetical  as will never happen

Not every new owner is bad though, intact alot of them improve the club they go to

• Like 2

18 hours ago, 97Robin said:

28, ST since 6yrs old. Never felt this dis-engaged. "Manning ball" is awful anyone who disagrees is kidding themselves. Pearson should never have been sacked maybe not always pretty but played to our strengths and was effective. Thanks for the good times and the infrastructure but time to go Lansdown.

Stick with it, kidder. The week where it's us in the Prem scoring 8 in two games gets ever closer, by the decade. 

10 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

Think I’ve managed two games since Manning came in. Sunderland and Millwall . Watch the games online now in the comfort of my own home 

I have zero interest in going down anymore and certainly won’t be renewing my season ticket next year. I’ve had a season ticket best part of 28 years and can’t believe how bitter I am towards the club. Almost to the point I find the latest debacle that those idiots at the top have created hilarious 

Every single one of them is out of their depth - from the coaches , to the manager - to that weasel Tinnion and the two at the very top - Bert and Ernie Lansdown 

Proof of the pudding will be SC sales.

I agree with you btw, wont be renewing.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

I've been to one home game since Manning was appointed, Forest last week. Away games are OK but Ashton Gate is a boring place these days and the lack of atmosphere makes me feel very uneasy. Don't mind going for the women as its laid back and casual with so few people there.

I was just waiting for Leeds to score a second so I could turn the TV off and go to bed, it was absolutely miserable last night. The Leeds fan on here said our football is disjointed, a very good word to describe the turgid nonsense we produce game after game particularly at home

The backward and sideways shit does my head in