IGNORED

Dis-engaged

97Robin

Where and how does he go?

Has he not said this that he has been trying to find other investment and would sell up…but would you like a Vincent Tan, the Venkys, a Chansiri (who recently said if owls fans keep moaning he will no longer pay the bills)  and the list is endless. 

odd that on OTIB there was none of this stuff on here  after we beat Westham ?

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Hmmm 1

7 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

there was none of this stuff on here  after we beat Westham

“Lansdown out” has been on here every day for the past ten years at least. Those in favour of it have always been very vocal and wouldn’t have changed their view based on one FA Cup win.

For the record, I agree with the original poster - Manning ball is boring and I’ve become disengaged to the point of not watching any 3pm kick-offs or any of the pre/post match. I only watch the 7:45pm games as it’s on when I get up.

I’m not yet in the Lansdown out camp as I do appreciate everything Steve has done in terms of finance and infrastructure. I don’t know him but you have to respect him as a businessman and everything he has achieved. For me, this sentiment is increasingly changing with John at the helm and I would prefer to see a football business run by football professionals, not nepotism.

I’m also a fan of the Bristol Sport model in general - despite not caring one bit about the rugby or basketball. I put this down to having been as far away from Bristol as you can possibly get for a very long time. I probably over emphasise and glamorise everything Bristol.

In terms of where the Lansdowns go, ideally as far into the background with their hands off as possible. I don’t care that I don’t hear from Steve and wish I heard from John less.

• Like 2

I've been to one home game since Manning was appointed, Forest last week. Away games are OK but Ashton Gate is a boring place these days and the lack of atmosphere makes me feel very uneasy. Don't mind going for the women as its laid back and casual with so few people there.

I was just waiting for Leeds to score a second so I could turn the TV off and go to bed, it was absolutely miserable last night. The Leeds fan on here said our football is disjointed, a very good word to describe the turgid nonsense we produce game after game particularly at home

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Think I’ve managed two games since Manning came in. Sunderland and Millwall . Watch the games online now in the comfort of my own home 

I have zero interest in going down anymore and certainly won’t be renewing my season ticket next year. I’ve had a season ticket best part of 28 years and can’t believe how bitter I am towards the club. Almost to the point I find the latest debacle that those idiots at the top have created hilarious 

Every single one of them is out of their depth - from the coaches , to the manager - to that weasel Tinnion and the two at the very top - Bert and Ernie Lansdown 

I’ve not been down since NP left and won’t until Lansdownes GO. Been a ST holder at AG most seasons for last 25 years.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 4
  • Robin 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, DT The Optimist said:

Where and how does he go?

Has he not said this that he has been trying to find other investment and would sell up…but would you like a Vincent Tan, the Venkys, a Chansiri (who recently said if owls fans keep moaning he will no longer pay the bills)  and the list is endless. 

odd that on OTIB there was none of this stuff on here  after we beat Westham ?

Vincent Tan?

Brilliant example, just the two more promotions to the Prem than Lansdown.

”Be careful what you wish for” FFS.

• Like 11
  • Flames 3

7 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

It certainly seems, both on here and at games, that there still isn’t a sense of a club all pulling in the same direction. It’s a basic fact that when the decision was made to get rid of NP (whatever its merits) it was done so in an intensely shoddy and hamfisted way. Prior to the sacking, there was a sense that the club was united - so undermining that was always going to cause problems.

However, we all know football is fickle, and had we embarked on a 15 game odyssey of committed, attacking (not even results) football after NP went I’m willing to bet people wouldn’t be feeling as they are. The problem is that’s not LMs game - he’s systematic, process, and his football is pretty much anethema to a fanbase who defines itself by fast, attacking, football. The one base he covers is passing which has always been in our DNA, but not passing for the sake of it.

But even with that, the club could be more together considering Liams style if things were handled better. But they’re not. You have the CEO leaving and rejoining Twitter, you have the manager giving dispassionate interviews that are never going to galvanise the fans (Nb - that’s not a slight on him, it’s who he is, but it’s not helping make a connection and it’s frankly weird that they haven’t put Hogg out there at least once), but worst of all you have a tone from the clubs media that indicates they just don’t get it. It’s the equivalent of being told “you’ve never had it so good” on every subject. Any criticism cannot be handled or countenanced - hence the Tinnion buggering off Twitter and soft soap interviews with Joe Sims.

The root cause for me here is that the club remain shocked by the reaction when NP went, and that their logic was torn apart. They’ve now gone into “everything is awesome” mode as a defence which is disengaging people more (particularly when you see what’s on the pitch) and they need to lance some boils to get the unity moving together again.

Good post

• Like 2

8 hours ago, 97Robin said:

28, ST since 6yrs old. Never felt this dis-engaged. "Manning ball" is awful anyone who disagrees is kidding themselves. Pearson should never have been sacked maybe not always pretty but played to our strengths and was effective. Thanks for the good times and the infrastructure but time to go Lansdown.

Yes, because this really needed another thread didn’t it 🙄

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Vincent Tan?

Brilliant example, just the two more promotions to the Prem than Lansdown.

”Be careful what you wish for” FFS.

This is getting annoying stop taking 2 or 3 bad examples and using it to justify keeping the lansdowns there are far more good examples of proper well run ownership that can be thrown back at you for a counter

• Like 2

This weird notion that the football was brilliant under NP needs to end. It was dreadful at times. This time last year, everyone wanted him out.

He was sacked as he had poor health and he’s slagging his employers off in the press  

Right call for him to go, possibly wrong man to replace him. 

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 3
  • Facepalm 5

It’s pretty simple for me. The owners act as if they are more important than the club. That situation cannot continue. JL has no experience and no viable plan to get the club into the PL and needs to step down or be removed. 

Having the occasional good cup run is not good enough. The club needs to unite behind a plan to gain promotion and unfortunately the sacking of NP has made that impossible. Now the board must fall on their swords for the greater good of the club. 

• Like 2
  • Flames 2
  • Facepalm 1

43 minutes ago, Capman said:

It’s pretty simple for me. The owners act as if they are more important than the club. That situation cannot continue. JL has no experience and no viable plan to get the club into the PL and needs to step down or be removed. 

Having the occasional good cup run is not good enough. The club needs to unite behind a plan to gain promotion and unfortunately the sacking of NP has made that impossible. Now the board must fall on their swords for the greater good of the club. 

Board? We don't have a Board in any normal recognised form. That's half the problem. Just an echo chamber. Really poor corporate governance 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

I’d say disengaged describes my view perfectly.

It’s just all so boring. Nothing to get behind, nothing to believe in and certainly nothing worth watching.

In a way supporting a football club when they’re absolute shit, is actually more enjoyable than when they’re just totally and completely boring. I sat there second half last night with us 1-0 down and there was part of me wishing the time away so I could get out the ground and stop watching that utter rubbish.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, 97Robin said:

28, ST since 6yrs old. Never felt this dis-engaged. "Manning ball" is awful anyone who disagrees is kidding themselves. Pearson should never have been sacked maybe not always pretty but played to our strengths and was effective. Thanks for the good times and the infrastructure but time to go Lansdown.

What about if we beat Forest on Wednesday ?

32 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Uhmmmmmm

No they didn’t , just the  ‘we want it and we want it NOW ‘  brigade , there were many who supported what he was doing piece by piece through his tenure here.

if you are going to sign up and post big statements , it would be good if they have some form of accuracy

And , Sacked as he had poor health ? - Please tell us the whole story as you appear to know it

I also missed the ‘slagging off of his employers’ so it would be good to enlighten us there 

I mean most of the ground were hounding him out at that West Brom (?) game. Not the echo chamber of OTIB. 

He repeatedly made reference in his sarcastic manner about his contract and future, pointing fingers at the board. He made his own position untenable.

As soon as he left the club he went and got his health issues sorted (I’m glad of this!).

Surely you can’t be that dense to not see he wasn’t healthy? He was barely at the training ground in his final weeks with us. That’s a cold hard fact. 

• Hmmm 1
  • Facepalm 7

1 hour ago, Andy082005 said:

Think I’ve managed two games since Manning came in. Sunderland and Millwall . Watch the games online now in the comfort of my own home 

I have zero interest in going down anymore and certainly won’t be renewing my season ticket next year. I’ve had a season ticket best part of 28 years and can’t believe how bitter I am towards the club. Almost to the point I find the latest debacle that those idiots at the top have created hilarious 

Every single one of them is out of their depth - from the coaches , to the manager - to that weasel Tinnion and the two at the very top - Bert and Ernie Lansdown 

It’s hard to see so many empty seats all around the ground, (even when we’re not being televised live).

Several of my family and friends have season tickets (and have done for years), but now don’t bother to come.

They say (and in all truth, I can’t argue) that our style of play is too ponderous and one-dimensional.

The excitement and atmosphere fans crave has gone as much of our football is boring and predictable with far too few goals and goalmouth action.

Whatever bullshit hype is dished out ahead of next season, I reckon many supporters won’t be buying or renewing season tickets.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Bedminster said:

I mean most of the ground were hounding him out at that West Brom (?) game. Not the echo chamber of OTIB. 

He repeatedly made reference in his sarcastic manner about his contract and future, pointing fingers at the board. He made his own position untenable.

As soon as he left the club he went and got his health issues sorted (I’m glad of this!).

Surely you can’t be that dense to not see he wasn’t healthy? He was barely at the training ground in his final weeks with us. That’s a cold hard fact. 

‘Most of the ground’..... yeah....of course

NPs health wasn’t holding us back , after doing the spadework , selling our better players and holding back the funds more so

Edited by Sheltons Army
  • Like 3
  • Flames 1

Just now, Sheltons Army said:

‘Most of the ground’.....

NPs health wasn’t holding us back , after doing the spadework , selling our better players and holding back the funds more so

Yes, most of the ground, are you a parrot?

Agree somewhat. However, I won’t have that NP was the man to take this club to the next level.

The weird view of this forum on him as some sort of messiah when we saw a lot of dreadful performances under him is awfully strange.

The 0-0 at Millwall after that game I mentioned saved his job. Had we of lost, he was a goner. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 4

Some really good posts on this thread, particularly from @Silvio Dante and @GrahamC. The OP is perhaps not the most articulate way of positioning the point but it’s still a good one for me.

Likewise I’ve become disengaged since Nige’s sacking. We all saw Lansdown for what he and the situation was and I hope no one forgets it. They’ve jumped the shark for me now though and all that togetherness we had under Nige, even when it wasn’t great, has all gone. 

I think it will take a change of ownership and leadership to get it back for many fans now. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 3

2 minutes ago, Bedminster said:

Yes, most of the ground, are you a parrot?

Agree somewhat. However, I won’t have that NP was the man to take this club to the next level.

The weird view of this forum on him as some sort of messiah when we saw a lot of dreadful performances under him is awfully strange.

The 0-0 at Millwall after that game I mentioned saved his job. Had we of lost, he was a goner. 

No , I’m too ‘dense’ to be a ‘parrot’

Good start on here

• Like 3

2 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

I've been to one home game since Manning was appointed, Forest last week. Away games are OK but Ashton Gate is a boring place these days and the lack of atmosphere makes me feel very uneasy. Don't mind going for the women as its laid back and casual with so few people there.

Sell out, singing, vibes, classic deflation at the sense of an unavoidable loss coming, not boring, just a symptom of a poor run.

I prefer a ground women can go to, gets away from the juvenile tribal masculinity. Prefer not having to explain another obnoxious, vile chant to my kids. It's this that makes me feel uneasy, that as fans at the moment we're never far away from a West Brom moment. 

Edited by pj76
  • Hmmm 1
  • Facepalm 2

9 minutes ago, Bedminster said:

So Pearson (allegedly) was barely at the training ground, but Manning is there all the time.

So, with the benefit of that, is our football and PPG any better now?

it certainly should be, but unfortunately it is not.

• Like 4
  • Flames 2

It’s all about money I’m afraid, appreciate FFP, but whilst we continue to shop at Aldi, avoid spending decent wages on quality players, and “build youngsters to sell once better”, this strategy will never allow us to compete with the bigger boys.

Mediocrity will continue but we will hopefully not be relegated anytime soon.

9 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

It’s hard to see so many empty seats all around the ground, (even when we’re not being televised live).

Several of my family and friends have season tickets (and have done for years), but now don’t bother to come.

They say (and in all truth, I can’t argue) that our style of play is too ponderous and one-dimensional.

The excitement and atmosphere fans crave has gone as much of our football is boring and predictable with far too few goals and goalmouth action.

Whatever bullshit hype is dished out ahead of next season, I reckon many supporters won’t be buying or renewing season tickets.

I think people will buy a ST because they have nothing else to do and Use it as a meet up with friends

over pay on food and drinks, watch boring football etc etc. 

Rinse repeat every home game. Supporting city is a chore which is why I stopped going and only go when it suits me. 

• Like 2