IGNORED

Too Much Negativity

gibbo7

What really pisses me off is that JL and GM came out and said they accept that communication was under par and that they could and will do better in the future. And fair play for doing that. But the proof is in the pudding. In the following weeks the PR juggernaut was working over time. This made people think that communication had now improved. 

But at the time they admitted they had got communication wrong, they were sprouting all this crap about wanting a bead coach that would see us play attacking, pressing, aggressive, front foot football. 

They then appoint a Head coach that doesn't fit with what they say they wanted. I wouldn't even mind that, but still to this day they are trying to tell us that we are watching that brand of football when we are clearly not. 

I have big issues with that. The continued bullshit brings up past feelings about how they previously handled the situation. How they sent Bristol Sport employees on here to try and influence opinion. 

Edited by W-S-M Seagull
  • Like 6
  • Flames 2

35 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I heard that we were very interested in Mousinho but we recieved a hard no from him? 

In fairness I recall that.

Do you think they just looked at who were the top 2 head-coaches in Lg1? 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 2

I would have been interested if we were going down that route in Evatt.

He is somewhat on the up, Barrow and Bolton promotion and early success..

..Have read he isn't averse to a higher pressing game either. Which seems more aligned than what we are seeing at present.

Possession and pressing. Albeit he can like a back 3 which is a bit of a cross against.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

1 hour ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

What really pisses me off is that JL and GM came out and said they accept that communication was under par and that they could and will do better in the future. And fair play for doing that. But the proof is in the pudding. In the following weeks the PR juggernaut was working over time. This made people think that communication had now improved. 

But at the time they admitted they had got communication wrong, they were sprouting all this crap about wanting a bead coach that would see us play attacking, pressing, aggressive, front foot football. 

They then appoint a Head coach that doesn't fit with what they say they wanted. I wouldn't even mind that, but still to this day they are trying to tell us that we are watching that brand of football when we are clearly not. 

I have big issues with that. The continued bullshit brings up past feelings about how they previously handled the situation. How they sent Bristol Sport employees on here to try and influence opinion. 

Paragraph 3……hits nail on head.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

In fairness I recall that.

Do you think they just looked at who were the top 2 head-coaches in Lg1? 🤣🤣🤣

Joking aside Dave I think that's basically what they did.  Who are the young head coaches currently doing well who would consider Bristol City a step up?  That was probably JL's thought process. I doubt they were tracking LM prior to the decision to fire Nigel or anything like that.

• Flames 1

9 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Remembering they said this, is an opportune time to point out that the club still haven’t officially announced that Olly Thomas has gone to Yeovil on loan, nor if Lewis Thomas is still here on not as his contract ended at the end of Jan 🤣🤣

• Robin 1

5 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Remembering they said this, is an opportune time to point out that the club still haven’t officially announced that Olly Thomas has gone to Yeovil on loan, nor if Lewis Thomas is still here on not as his contract ended at the end of Jan 🤣🤣

It’s hopeless.

Seeing as Lewis Thomas played for the 21s last night & presumably isn’t doing so for free, it appears that he has, but as you say the communication is non league.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

It’s hopeless.

Seeing as Lewis Thomas played for the 21s last night & presumably isn’t doing so for free, it appears that he has, but as you say the communication is non league.

I’ve tweeted the question

9 hours ago, mason said:

Must be an xmas time thing with the Lansdowns, back in Jan 2013 they brought in SOD to replace our record breaking SC the choice  didnt last the year, history could well repeat as they seem to have learned nothing.

Sod replaced mcinnis 

15 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Signed an 18 month deal per story EP just put out.

Certainly didn’t see that coming.

Interesting article which also implies Bajic will look to move on this summer.

If that was to happen it makes a bit more sense to keep this guy as an experienced number 3, I guess.

OK folks; addressing  negativity on here.

Take the last three results and for some it's the end of the world losing at home to QPR.

If City had lost 2-1 at Middlesbrough, beaten  Saints 3-1 and then won 1-0 v QPR, people would be declaring "We're on the right track. LM has got the club going in the right direction" etc.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, 22A said:

OK folks; addressing  negativity on here.

Take the last three results and for some it's the end of the world losing at home to QPR.

If City had lost 2-1 at Middlesbrough, beaten  Saints 3-1 and then won 1-0 v QPR, people would be declaring "We're on the right track. LM has got the club going in the right direction" etc.

It was the manner of the defeat against a team who are in the relegation zone. 

• Like 9

13 minutes ago, Graham76 said:

It was the manner of the defeat against a team who are in the relegation zone. 

It wasn’t the first time, and won’t be the last, that we’ve played poorly and lost.  The over reaction on here has been boarding on hysterical, and I don’t mean hysterical ha ha.

4 hours ago, Malago said:

It wasn’t the first time, and won’t be the last, that we’ve played poorly and lost.  The over reaction on here has been boarding on hysterical, and I don’t mean hysterical ha ha.

Anger, frustration.

Sense of a needless change meant to push us on, now the season over.

Etc.

I don't think it is the loss in isolation but unrest and disquiet is perhaps growing or still there, simmering.

• Like 5
  • Flames 2

37 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Anger, frustration.

Sense of a needless change meant to push us on, now the season over.

Etc.

I don't think it is the loss in isolation but unrest and disquiet is perhaps growing or still there, simmering.

Yep. 

It's not the loss in isolation. Its that its the same old thing, failure to beat a poor team and instead losing. 

This season was meant to be the sesson we pushed on. Instead we are regressing. We finished last season 10 points off the play offs and we're now 10 points off in February. 

It seems like a wasted season. Wasted opportunity. 

We're just going to go round and round in circles rather than taking that step forward that most of us expected. 

Previously I was content to watch the crap served up knowing the situation we was in with ffp, the culture etc. There was always a light at the end of the tunnel. You could see what the club were doing. 

But now we have a decent squad. We have a very good culture, I don't care what anyone says, we should be doing better than what we are doing and thats why I now have no patience. I can't see any grand plan or any progress. We've dropped 5 points against QPR this season. That's incredibly poor. 

• Like 7
  • Flames 4

7 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Yep. 

It's not the loss in isolation. Its that its the same old thing, failure to beat a poor team and instead losing. 

This season was meant to be the sesson we pushed on. Instead we are regressing. We finished last season 10 points off the play offs and we're now 10 points off in February. 

It seems like a wasted season. Wasted opportunity. 

We're just going to go round and round in circles rather than taking that step forward that most of us expected. 

Previously I was content to watch the crap served up knowing the situation we was in with ffp, the culture etc. There was always a light at the end of the tunnel. You could see what the club were doing. 

But now we have a decent squad. We have a very good culture, I don't care what anyone says, we should be doing better than what we are doing and thats why I now have no patience. I can't see any grand plan or any progress. We've dropped 5 points against QPR this season. That's incredibly poor. 

It’s interesting for me as I never really expected top 6 this season under NP - especially after selling Scott - unless the chequebook suddenly opened in Jan (which it didn’t) - so my eyes were always on next season - where I felt NP could start to really show the fruits of his foundations and be judged fairly on results.

Why am I frustrated/concerned/now a little negative about next season:

1) Apart from the club taking us for fools talking about top 6.

2) I have my concerns that appointing Manning just isn’t that continuity appointment from NP. Is that a problem? Well maybe..:

My question - is his style of football (desirable as it may be) realistic for us as a club, with our budget? Is his style of football too expensive for us? 

If so, can he adapt to find a way to “successfully” work with the resources he actually has?

Successful being a ‘top 6 challenge’, not us playing some nice football a couple of a times a month amongst many frustrating losses. Every mid table championship team can do that.

So it feels like we could be heading for another re-build and one we might not be able to afford - if it’s not working this time next year, what then? Another re-build again? And so on so on. The Lansdown Loop.

Ultimately if you like the guy you’ll be patient, if not you won’t. We all do it, we all have a personal hunches on managers. Feels to me like nice guy, good coach, Wrong time wrong club. How long will the majority of fans give Manning - Time will tell. 

As always I’ll sign off with hope I’m wrong.

Edited by Alessandro
  • Like 3