IGNORED

Top six team.

Roadrunner

At the moment the top six are, and how we got on.

1. Leicester City h ?                a 0-1

2. Southampton h ?                 a 0-1

3 Leeds United h 0-1               a 1-2

4. Ipswich h 0-1                        a ?

5. WBA h 0-0                             a ?

6. Hull City h 3-2                       a 1-1

So 8 matches played, did not score in 5 of them. 5 out of 24 points gained 5 matches lost by the odd goal.

So you can see that we are not a top 6 team, but very close. We all know we need to score more goals.

One more goal scored in each of these matches equals 9 extra points, and of course all those top six teams would have lost points.

So  close but so far away.

Clue in title you could of saved yourself some boredom

3 minutes ago, DaveF said:

Constantly repeating what JL said about 'top 6 team' is so boring now.

Yes it was a ridiculous statement and we are comfortably off a top 6 team in reality, but it's tiresome seeing people post it every day and about 200 times in the matchday threads if we concede or play badly...

3 minutes ago, DaveF said:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DaveF said:

Yes it was a ridiculous statement and we are comfortably off a top 6 team in reality, but it's tiresome seeing people post it every day and about 200 times in the matchday threads if we concede or play badly...

Did he actually say that though?

If he did, as boring as it may be to some Jon boy should not be given a pass for spouting shit.

Hes chairman isnt he? Wouldnt be anywhere else but we have him. 

That being said, the role comes with certain responsibilities, one of which being communication. If you communicate bollocks but are not accountable because dad owns the club, the least you should expect is to have the piss taken out of you for being wholly inadequate for the role.

• Like 4
  • Flames 2

10 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

So 8 matches played, did not score in 5 of them. 5 out of 24 points gained 5 matches lost by the odd goal.

So you can see that we are not a top 6 team, but very close. We all know we need to score more goals.

One more goal scored in each of these matches equals 9 extra points, and of course all those top six teams would have lost points.

Spoiler

but if both teams had scored an extra goal it would have been the same result, cant see what gives just us the right to score an extra goal;

reality is we are closer to the bottom 6 than top 6 thats how we have got on so far.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, mason said:
  Reveal hidden contents

but if both teams had scored an extra goal it would have been the same result, cant see what gives just us the right to score an extra goal;

reality is we are closer to the bottom 6 than top 6 thats how we have got on so far.

This.

Fact is  had someone scored those goals hed have probably gone in the January window.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Natchfever said:

Did he actually say that though?

If he did, as boring as it may be to some Jon boy should not be given a pass for spouting shit.

Hes chairman isnt he? Wouldnt be anywhere else but we have him. 

That being said, the role comes with certain responsibilities, one of which being communication. If you communicate bollocks but are not accountable because dad owns the club, the least you should expect is to have the piss taken out of you for being wholly inadequate for the role.

I remember reading a post on her going through all the comments made and I don’t think he did actually say it verbatim but it was implied. 

Agree he shouldn’t get a pass, and I don’t think he’s going to get it, but it is very overused. 

• Facepalm 1

22 minutes ago, 38MC said:

I remember reading a post on her going through all the comments made and I don’t think he did actually say it verbatim but it was implied. 

Agree he shouldn’t get a pass, and I don’t think he’s going to get it, but it is very overused. 

Agree overused and agree junior deserves pelters 😁

2 hours ago, Roadrunner said:

We will be thankfull to stay up ten points from bottom 

3 hours ago, DaveF said:

They reap what they sow. 

Not fit to run the club.

• Like 1
  • Flames 3

4 hours ago, mason said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Also if you look at the bigger picture of team performance equals result, take for example, the Cov game where conceding one less goal (Max cock up) would have resulted in us gaining 2 more points, its not simply about scoring 1 goal more, results are governed by more than scoring goals. The OP is talking nonsense.

Spoiler

9 hours ago, DaveF said:

Then ignore it. It is just as tiresome reading people wanting to change what was said. If Manning had remotely delivered-on his prime objective and we were now top 6 do you not think there would be many posts saying how JL was right and the squad was underperforming in the past? It is a forum. Everyone can ignore what they don’t agree with . It is healthy to have opinions . 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

10 hours ago, DaveF said:

“Top-10 budget” and “a squad that should be competing at the top end of the table” were the quotes from our inept chairman and his cronies. 

The first statement may have been true in the LJ/MA years but not now after Nige got rid of all the wasters; the second statement I interpreted to mean top six.

Either way, both statements were a total bollocks and I won’t forget that. We (City fans) are generally too passive. These lot would be getting a much rougher ride at other clubs, and they should be at ours IMO.

• Like 7
  • Flames 3

1 hour ago, RollsRoyce said:

Then ignore it. It is just as tiresome reading people wanting to change what was said.

No one wants , or is trying to change what was said, you can't. But, in the context of being pushed to explain why Nige was sacked they came out with the only things that they could think of. They were excuses more than reasons , it does get tiresome hearing the same phrase trotted out though. 
They couldn't say, I told Dad he was a nasty man and Dad agreed, they couldn't use his health , so they chose a spurious reason, but at least one that would at least sounds like a football reason. 

If Manning had remotely delivered-on his prime objective and we were now top 6 do you not think there would be many posts saying how JL was right and the squad was underperforming in the past?

This is where I think my point is made, they really didn't think those comments through. 
We should be doing better, fair comment maybe, but the timing (players due back) then appointing a new manager after those comments, put a massive unneeded pressure on Manning. 
IMO it was never likely to be seamless , not when the new man wanted to play a slightly different way. It will take time but results are always key to things.

Everyone can ignore what they don’t agree with . It is healthy to have opinions . 

Totally agree , but seeing the same things trotted out several times a week , whether you agree with them or not , gets boring.
Look at that old chestnut about not believing things unless it's on the OS, gets boring and is a pointless post, plus now it is used as a pisstake . The difference is the thing about the OS is fair and true, I doubt anyone believes that Jon boy or anyone else at the Club, really thinks that is true. 

• Flames 2

5 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

No one wants , or is trying to change what was said, you can't. But, in the context of being pushed to explain why Nige was sacked they came out with the only things that they could think of. They were excuses more than reasons , it does get tiresome hearing the same phrase trotted out though. 
They couldn't say, I told Dad he was a nasty man and Dad agreed, they couldn't use his health , so they chose a spurious reason, but at least one that would at least sounds like a football reason. 

This is where I think my point is made, they really didn't think those comments through. 
We should be doing better, fair comment maybe, but the timing (players due back) then appointing a new manager after those comments, put a massive unneeded pressure on Manning. 
IMO it was never likely to be seamless , not when the new man wanted to play a slightly different way. It will take time but results are always key to things.

Totally agree , but seeing the same things trotted out several times a week , whether you agree with them or not , gets boring.
Look at that old chestnut about not believing things unless it's on the OS, gets boring and is a pointless post, plus now it is used as a pisstake . The difference is the thing about the OS is fair and true, I doubt anyone believes that Jon boy or anyone else at the Club, really thinks that is true. 

Sadly, I genuinely think that JL and Tins are deluded enough to think that we should be top 6.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Sadly, I genuinely think that JL and Tins are deluded enough to think that we should be top 6.

Towards the end of a long night out, that time when you're struggling with the last few pints .
Then, and only maybe then, you could say it. But it's a bloody hard sell sober.

On 05/02/2024 at 08:43, Sir Geoff said:

Surely you must also now feel that Manning and his players are equally as deluded?  

Manning is doing a good job with the same squad as the one he inherited and I never thought Tinnion or JL were deluded. Perhaps it's just those who can't accept positive change that are truly deluded?

• Hmmm 1

Round and Around we go.

Just ******* accept the top 6 comments were bollocks (or never happened). Stop banging on about it. Noticeable that the loud Seagull has been largely absent since last night. I bet he is right pissed off we bossed Southampton. “Holding them to account” 😂😂

If we get over 60 points then thats in the top 4/5 seasons points return, in recent memory. We are building a solid squad - much better than the last few years. Most home games are close to sell outs and I'm excited about next season. Jason Knight has been exceptional, as has Dickie, Yyner, Conway, James, Pring and Joe Williams.

Last night showed the potential we have - let’s face it we have not played like that in a long time. Im now looking forward to going to the games, rather than a feeling of dread. Bring it on. We have Cardiff and Swansea coming up - beat them and QPR we are right up there. COYR

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

14 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Surely you must also now feel that Manning and his players are equally as deluded?  

Manning is doing a good job with the same squad as the one he inherited and I never thought Tinnion or JL were deluded. Perhaps it's just those who can't accept positive change that are truly deluded?

I think you must also be deluded if you make such ludicrous statements..... squad yes, TEAM NO!!

Please check the TEAM available to play against Cardiff and then have a word with yourself....including the subs!

Would LM have done any better on that day with that TEAM?

57 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

I think you must also be deluded if you make such ludicrous statements..... squad yes, TEAM NO!!

Please check the TEAM available to play against Cardiff and then have a word with yourself....including the subs!

Selective memory mate  like a stuck record some people.

Lets see where we are after 46 games. Squads hardly been strengthened so fair dos if Manning gets us 8th or higher which is what I consider "top end"

Otherwise its all bollocks and down to Tinnions elevation above Pearson which wasnt acceptable of course to the latter.

If Manning does well here its DESPITE having Tinnion looking over him not because of.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Natchfever said:

Selective memory mate  like a stuck record some people.

Lets see where we are after 46 games. Squads hardly been strengthened so fair dos if Manning gets us 8th or higher which is what I consider "top end"

Otherwise its all bollocks and down to Tinnions elevation above Pearson which wasnt acceptable of course to the latter.

If Manning does well here its DESPITE having Tinnion looking over him not because of.

Mmmm, not quite the point was it?

5 hours ago, Galley is our king said:

20 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Do you struggle to actually read a post before  making such ludicrous and wholly inaccurate statements???

Awkward for you...

• Confused 1