IGNORED

Sound of the city

Bowlegchicken

20 minutes ago, Bowlegchicken said:

Going down hill utter crap tonight sorry bring  Geoff twentypence back

Said this in another thread. 

It’s an excruciating listen. It has been for a while. The utter madness of letting Twentyman go and then allowing this passionless dross to go out every week is unbelievable. 

41 minutes ago, shahanshahan said:

Second week in a row there was no tweet on the BBC Bristol Sport (or BBC Sport Bristol?) account promoting the show. Tonight's show & last week's was by Jonathan Ray. Usual presenters this season are either Ed Hadwin or Richard Hoskin.

I did think he sounded particularly sad tonight - I was listening in mono and my heart was broken as I expect were those of millions of others. My mum was even crying - normally she sings along and I can’t blame her.

• Haha 3
  • Flames 1
  • Facepalm 1

It’s just become an extension of the BS publicity/spin machine.  
Twentyman was the only person to challenge club employees. 
Surely Geoff would have asked Tinnion to reflect on “top end championship squad” and the success or otherwise of the managerial change. Obviously Tinnion wouldn’t have answered, stormed out of the studio never to return… until we make the premier league…. Or until he was next invited (whichever comes quicker). 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Robin 1

1 hour ago, Tony Tootle said:

Did 2 zero man decide to go or did the BBC just feel it was time for a change? I thought he just decided he’d had enough and was retiring?!

I was under the impression that a lot of regional broadcasters were faced with reapplying for their roles or taking a redundancy package, if you were Geoff's age, what option would you take?

• Like 1

I've deliberately listened to SOTC on BBC Sounds this season so I only listen to the sections that are interesting. As others have said it seems to be getting less and less every week!

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

I did think he sounded particularly sad tonight - I was listening in mono and my heart was broken as I expect were those of millions of others. My mum was even crying - normally she sings along and I can’t blame her.

Poor old Johnnie Ray ..

... as in the lyrics of this song?

Top post if so. Bravo!

• Thanks 1
  • Robin 1

I listened until the Club Chaplin come on.

I've zero interest in listening to that, so gave it a miss, and didn't feel compelled to catch up later, even if it's easy to FFWD on bbc sounds.

I suppose the programme reflects City in our true light, a bit meh at the moment.

Win Wednesday and Saturday and I expect I'll be lapping up next week's show.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I never thought more people would get the Vampire Weekend reference than the Dexys reference today. You’ve restored my faith!

Though Come On Eileen came later their first album Searching For The Young Soul Rebels is a classic imo.👌

And who can forget The Nabob of Sob? Well most people actually apart from you, me and Kevin Rowland!😁

Edited by chinapig
  • Like 2

Anyone listen to last nights? 

The presenter started to talk about topics on here and mentioned people messaging in, but then the two guests ignored all that and started talking about next season! 

Without GT you don’t seem to get anywhere the same level of analysis and discussion. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, One Team said:

Anyone listen to last nights? 

The presenter started to talk about topics on here and mentioned people messaging in, but then the two guests ignored all that and started talking about next season! 

Without GT you don’t seem to get anywhere the same level of analysis and discussion. 

Who were the guests? I'm not familiar with them?

On 05/02/2024 at 22:26, chinapig said:

Though Come On Eileen came later their first album Searching For The Young Soul Rebels is a classic imo.👌

And who can forget The Nabob of Sob? Well most people actually apart from you, me and Kevin Rowland!😁

Wasn’t Come On Eileen the club song of the Sags during their stint in non-league fifth tier or something like that?

I’m sure I recall the non-league Bananarama Conference show commentator mention that the Rovers supporters were getting soaking wet during their massive local derby against Forest Green whilst singing the clubs anthem “Come on Eileen”?