IGNORED

Sound of the city

Bowlegchicken

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Because that’s the bit a fan can only speculate on that.  

There's no speculation about who appointed LM, or who has been running the club for 20+ years.

Plenty of the conversation was speculation and opinion as to what was going wrong on the pitch, so absolutely somebody could have flagged up the actual root cause of the problems. 

• Like 10

7 minutes ago, Tony Tootle said:

Did they ever have a semblance of credibility anyway. Even Lansdown himself admits he’s pi55ed 50 million down the drain clutching at straws with very little thorough planning for in between. Others in football circles / agents / representatives who have dealt with us must see past the facade and consider us an absolute joke professionally. Zero credentials at any level.

I don't particularly disagree but sacking a manager 20 Games plus Cup games ie 4 months into a 3.5 year deal..wouldn't he or the others see that as an admission of error and or ineptitude? Which makes me think they may double down.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

There's no speculation about who appointed LM, or who has been running the club for 20+ years.

Plenty of the conversation was speculation and opinion as to what was going wrong on the pitch, so absolutely somebody could have flagged up the actual root cause of the problems. 

It is difficult though KITR , I’ve been on before and you have points  you’d like to talk about , but the host  / presenter has his questions and subjects and in a very limited time you either hope you are asked a question where you can talk about a certain subject or you derail the show by ignoring the question , and talking about something you want to talk about?

The presenter was pushing away from criticism about LM as it was

Theres probably only one man that would be so rude to derail and talk abou what he wants to  !

If they are going to have fans and CH / GO on , especially sensible ones , they need to use the full hour otherwise it’s a quick answer & q to the presenters questions

Edited by Sheltons Army
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

If the presenter had gone into area, I’d have been happy to give my view.

I did say I thought they’d got the wrong bloke.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

If the presenter had gone into area, I’d have been happy to give my view.

I did say I thought they’d got the wrong bloke.

Which he basically ignored and stuck to a ‘what can be done to improve under LM questions’

Well done mate -  and on the subjects raised and questions asked - The other lad was sensible but you absolutely came across as having the best understanding and explanations , and far more than the ex pro

Tuned in but tuned out when they immediately started playing sound bites from Saturdays shocking display.

I don’t need to relive that again was my thought. Regardless of how much disection there is it never changes the result.

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Tuned in but tuned out when they immediately started playing sound bites from Saturdays shocking display.

I don’t need to relive that again was my thought. Regardless of how much disection there is it never changes the result.

I take it you’ve never listened before, that’s the format…replay the comms, ex-pro talks about it for 10 mins, fans join the ex-pro.

What were you expecting?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

That is the same every week, the same on here , the same whenever anyone talks about a game.

Not sure why you bother TBH.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I don't particularly disagree but sacking a manager 20 Games plus Cup games ie 4 months into a 3.5 year deal..wouldn't he or the others see that as an admission of error and or ineptitude? Which makes me think they may double down.

I think the issue will be not risking relegation! A good hiding tomorrow and Steve will be very twitchy. Not to mention utterly pissed off that Tinnion and Junior have got him here!

• Flames 1

12 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Which he basically ignored and stuck to a ‘what can be done to improve under LM questions’

Well done mate -  and on the subjects raised and questions asked - The other lad was sensible but you absolutely came across as having the best understanding and explanations , and far more than the ex pro

I’m not a Chris Honor fan on the show. However Fevs forced him to raise his game this evening!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I take it you’ve never listened before, that’s the format…replay the comms, ex-pro talks about it for 10 mins, fans join the ex-pro.

What were you expecting?

The Spanish Inquisition?

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Not sure what you expect on a football talk show? Debate on whether Liam Manning puts his cereal or milk in the bowl first? 

Just now, Davefevs said:

What were you expecting?

I listen most weeks Dave but since GT retired it’s not as interesting as when he was at the helm. I always found his presentation style easy to listen to. I miss it driving back from AG with RB on the radio .Plus I’m still pissed off after that shambolic, side to side display on Saturday that I wasn’t in the mood to relive it all again.

1 minute ago, REDOXO said:

I’m not a Chris Honor fan on the show. However Fevs forced him to raise his game this evening!

I did a FBC pod with @headhunter and Chris a while back.  He’s a decent bloke.  I think like most of us (certainly me anyway) you aren’t gonna go on a programme like this and shout and bawl.  You can get your points across in your own way.

For me, I was glad to get across that LM has created sterile games, and that Southampton wasn’t the norm.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Yes I find myself being in the strange position of agreeing with you “again”. 

When we get beaten and have played that badly they really need to not make us relive it. After all it’s our show. Non city supporters listening are limited to wives making the dinner (nothing like a bit of sexism) 

However once we got passed the horrific bit. The show was as good as it’s been in months. 

Finally a couple of people talking about the football and the state of the club, way above the recent standard of mind numbing banality!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Davefevs said:

I did a FBC pod with @headhunter and Chris a while back.  He’s a decent bloke.  I think like most of us (certainly me anyway) you aren’t gonna go on a programme like this and shout and bawl.  You can get your points across in your own way.

For me, I was glad to get across that LM has created sterile games, and that Southampton wasn’t the norm.

The mix of knowledgable fans and a sensible pro (Which CH is) is a good blend 

Other than his opening comment on LM I couldn’t disagree with that much he said , he’s clearly not greatly impressed

I noticed he was quick to say yes , as a pro you can be quickly overloaded with information and instruction and how it can affect your game 

Now we might think that would / could be the case but an example of where an ex pro’s opinion is always interesting 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think you are right Dave. But take another listen. After you started saying how it is he seemed to realize he could be a bit more aggressive with his real thoughts. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

It is difficult though KITR , I’ve been on before and you have points  you’d like to talk about , but the host  / presenter has his questions and subjects and in a very limited time you either hope you are asked a question where you can talk about a certain subject or you derail the show by ignoring the question , and talking about something you want to talk about?

The presenter was pushing away from criticism about LM as it was

Theres probably only one man that would be so rude to derail and talk abou what he wants to  !

If they are going to have fans and CH / GO on , especially sensible ones , they need to use the full hour otherwise it’s a quick answer & q to the presenters questions

I appreciate all of that and it was an observation applicable to the host as much as the guests. 

I just think if Steve L is listening to that tonight over on Tracy Island he'll be quietly satisfied that once again the head coach is acting as a lightning rod for criticism. 

Edited by Kid in the Riot
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I appreciate all of that and it was an observation applicable to the host as much as the guests. 

I just think if Steve L is listening to that tonight over on Tracy Island he'll be quietly satisfied that once again the head coach is acting as a lightning rod for criticism. 

Totally agree

Im not sure whether they don’t gauge the mood of the fan base and the hot subjects , or would rather steer away from anything too ‘controversial’

Id strongly suggest the latter , especially since GT went

Its all very beige if they can keep it that way

Just listened & thought it was ok.

The presenter clearly isn’t GT (top man) but wasn’t as bad as I expected & Chris Honor quickly shifted from how “open & honest” Manning was to agreeing it was crap.

Dave Fevs excellent as ever & the other lad was ok, certainly heard far worse.

• Like 4

• Admin
41 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

What were you expecting?

I didn’t think it needed such a lengthy recap, they even made it sound like we did OK against Cardiff 

Nothing personal, I thought you came across very eloquently but it felt like the radio Bristol guy dictated the pace and topics a bit too much, rather than throw it over to the guests and let them give their opinions 

I'm intrigued about the analysis you do more now, I hope you have numerous formulas obtaining information for you, I have visions of you with spreadsheets all over the place 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Just listened & thought it was ok.

The presenter clearly isn’t GT (top man) but wasn’t as bad as I expected & Chris Honor quickly shifted from how “open & honest” Manning was to agreeing it was crap.

Dave Fevs excellent as ever & the other lad was ok, certainly heard far worse.

Just checked Tom Hick’s twitter, he’s only a young lad.  Not being patronising, but he came across as much older, and I thought he made some very good points.

These bloody young’uns!!!

• Like 2
  • Robin 1

41 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Think you’ve put yourself in prime position to be on next Mondays SOTC & looking forward to both barrels 

Edited by Shuffle
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Just checked Tom Hick’s twitter, he’s only a young lad.  Not being patronising, but he came across as much older, and I thought he made some very good points.

These bloody young’uns!!!

Pretty sure he’s been on beforevDave and was previously vary sensible

Good on him

• Like 2