IGNORED

Nottingham Forest away fourth round FA Cup replay match thread

Jerseybean

9 hours ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

5 Live have mentioned that Newcastle at Blackburn and Man Utd at forest or us are the 2 live matches on the BBC  for the 5th round.

On Wednesday 28th February. Since when has the Fifth Round been played midweek?

22 hours ago, BilboBaggins05 said:

Meadow lane serving as an away pub.

The "Meadow lane sports bar" at Notts county is alright to be fair, comfy with good food as well as far as football catering goes.

For parking, if getting there an hour before kick off, parking on the embankment on the road by the river costs a fiver but be warned, getting out can take forever so not ideal if you ware wanting a quick getaway. I parked at Long Ashton park and ride at your place and that was rather good, quick getaway. Getting away from the City ground in the pedestrian stampede can be slow.

Nottingham council are very much "Anti Car" and it shows. If you are able to walk, I would consider the train station car park, a bit less of a walk than from Ashton Gate to Long ashton park and ride. Can get away reasonably OK. Is a fiver after 10am I think. Would double check.

Train Station is about 10-15 minute walk from Meadow Lane (Notts County) if you are going to the sports bar.

Safe travels to anyone coming to the City Ground tonight.

If you are able to got some shots on goal, you might be surprised how awful our goalie is 👍

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Gimpymoo said:

The "Meadow lane sports bar" at Notts county is alright to be fair, comfy with good food as well as far as football catering goes.

For parking, if getting there an hour before kick off, parking on the embankment on the road by the river costs a fiver but be warned, getting out can take forever so not ideal if you ware wanting a quick getaway. I parked at Long Ashton park and ride at your place and that was rather good, quick getaway. Getting away from the City ground in the pedestrian stampede can be slow.

Nottingham council are very much "Anti Car" and it shows. If you are able to walk, I would consider the train station car park, a bit less of a walk than from Ashton Gate to Long ashton park and ride. Can get away reasonably OK. Is a fiver after 10am I think. Would double check.

Train Station is about 10-15 minute walk from Meadow Lane (Notts County) if you are going to the sports bar.

If you are able to got some shots on goal, you might be surprised how awful our goalie is 👍

Thanks for the info...I'm heading up more in hope than expectation and we don't do shots on goal so your keeper should be fine.

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Thanks for the info...I'm heading up more in hope than expectation and we don't do shots on goal so your keeper should be fine.

No worries.

Oh, I forgot to mention and cannot edit post but the £5 parking by the river on the embankment is CASH only.

There is bit before the chargeable area where you can park for free as you go in through the gates to the embankment. This has the second advantage of allowing you to get out quicker. About 20 minute walk to the ground from there.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

Hope Manning goes strong for this one. Unforgiveable otherwise, particularly as it will be season over.

He’s being going strong since he started. Unfortunately he’s now at the stage where he’s not many options left. If the FA cup run does not continue after tonight and at least six points achieved in the next four then he might make what could be a city record  of two managers so close together in time in one season to move on. 
The fans expectations are still high but inconsistent performances are starting to be the norm. Mr Lansdown seems to be on a different planet than most and Manning has most probably waken himself up to now what is an uphill battle as if a few wins are not strung together the bricks in his wall will unfortunately come tumbling down. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gimpymoo said:

Your goalie will be ok then, we can go a full 90 minutes without having a shot on target!

• Like 2