IGNORED

Middlesbrough away match thread

16 minutes ago, Padlad said:

Thank Christ. Flashscore had that red dot flashing for middlesborough at the end. My heart I can't take it. Get in.

I saw that while watching the game, it was when they had the free kick on the edge of our box.

FFS I shouted - cat shot out the cat flap, Mrs gave me a gob full, grand kids told me not to swear - and it wasn't a goal in the end :sweatingbullets:

• Haha 5
Just now, Curr Avon said:

Was it just me but did Cornick play well in the first half? Good hold up play, coupled with great runs and precision passing.

I thought he was excellent, I think he’s a very underrated player tarnished by when he’s been brought onto the pitch usually when we are either chasing the game or looking to sit in and block.

I’d like to see him start more often, certainly I’d be starting him over Mehmeti.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Why you highlighting my comments? Others have also said the same.

First half I was full of praise. That won't suit your agenda tho. 

A duck is a duck. 

You are the only one with an agenda. I don't recall you constantly moaning about Pearson's tactics 

• Flames 1
17 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Absolutely!

However, why the need to switch to the back 3 we all know doesnt work is beyond me. 

If we had drawn or lost then yes I agree but we didn’t

We aren’t quite at that level where we can dominate for 90 and put 4-5 past teams 

Happy if we win every game from now until end of season if we have to do this 

• Like 2
32 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

I agree. People will no doubt say we’ve been poor this half. I would say we’ve defended well

We let them create 9 chances, some good ones.  We defended nothing like say Sunderland, where our shape was good.  They got in through us, down the sides of us, behind us.  Individuals (Tanner my MOTM) bailed out a team change that screwed us!

Was as poor second half as we were good first half.

• Like 8
  • Hmmm 1
  • Facepalm 1
3 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Was it just me but did Cornick play well in the first half? Good hold up play, coupled with great runs and precision passing.

He had a cracking game imo - why was he subbed, did he pick up an injury ?

If not, it was a daft sub and I have to say it was a mystery to me why we changed shape and just dug in.

Great 3 points in the end, but it was much closer that it should have been.

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I note the same people that were deriding Manning for not being tactically flexible enough are now criticising him for changing formation. 

You've gotta laugh. 

He won't ever win over some on here.

1 minute ago, Super said:

Boro were never gonna be as bad 2nd half.

No, but inviting the pressure did not help, we certainly looked all over the place in the 2nd half compared to the control and pressure we had in the first. Appreciate that the change might have been to help tired legs, but we never look convincing parking the bus.

• Like 2
Just now, bcfc01 said:

He had a cracking game imo - why was he subbed, did he pick up an injury ?

If not, it was a daft sub and I have to say it was a mystery to me why we changed shape and just dug in.

Great 3 points in the end, but it was much closer that it should have been.

Yeah I wondered that. Had a really good game. 

Just now, bexhill reds said:

I thought he was excellent, I think he’s a very underrated player tarnished by when he’s been brought onto the pitch usually when we are either chasing the game or looking to sit in and block.

I’d like to see him start more often, certainly I’d be starting him over Mehmeti.

I've given him pelters, but today Cornick was excellent. A great outlet for numerous goal attempts in the first half. Perhaps its something they've worked on in training. I can only guess that he got a knock, because the substitution was strange and we lost Harry's ability to press Ayling.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

We let them create 9 chances, some good ones.  We defended nothing like say Sunderland, where our shape was good.  They got in through us, down the sides of us, behind us.  Individuals (Tanner my MOTM) bailed out a team change that screwed us!

Was as poor second half as we were good first half.

Yeah said much the same. Like chalk and cheese to watch.