IGNORED

Middlesbrough away match thread

I'm predicting that after a spirited display against Forest, Normal service will be resumed today with another negative league performance.  All that I know is that our strikers will be dire (all have the ability to miss sitters that my elderly Nan would have struggled to miss).

Do the players have cocoa rather than energy drinks at half time these days?

I think Boro will probably take all 3 points so will be happy to come away with a draw TBH.

If we drop too many more points, we will be focusing more on the drop zone that the top six.

Edited by wendyredredrobin
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
27 minutes ago, Graham76 said:

Tinnion said they had a fee agreed at the end of the loan period with the option to buy. He’s only ever played 3 senior games in the Belgian league so I wouldn’t expect too much this season 

I won’t expect much but he will be at least on the bench and get pretty regular minutes I would assume. Unless his levels in training are really poor and if that’s the case it’s another waste of money 

• Hmmm 1
3 minutes ago, Hocca said:

Need some fresh legs today

O’Leary

Tanner Vyner Dickie

McCrorie TGH Williams Pring

Mebude Knight

Conway

Mebude won’t start.

Think you’re probably spot on with the other 10 though.

Bell or Mehmeti will probably be the 11th.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, mozo said:

In Boro's last 3 home games they have picked up only 2 points.

Let's forget that they beat Chelsea at home in that time.

Still though, after a 6-1 drubbing last week and a disappointing draw on Sunday, they won't be brimming with confidence. 

So, based on how City play in these circumstances, City to lose by 2 goals 

• Hmmm 1
21 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I'm predicting that after a spirited display against Forest, Normal service will be resumed today with another negative league performance.  All that I know is that our strikers will be dire (all have the ability to miss sitters that my elderly Nan would have struggled to miss).

Do the players have cocoa rather than energy drinks at half time these days?

I think Boro will probably take all 3 points so will be happy to come away with a draw TBH.

If we drop too many more points, we will be focusing more on the drop zone that the top six.

That's the spirit.

• Haha 3
  • Hmmm 1
5 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

I won’t expect much but he will be at least on the bench and get pretty regular minutes I would assume. Unless his levels in training are really poor and if that’s the case it’s another waste of money 

In recent seasons I can't think of new signings who have been "a waste of money".

Half the first team didn't involve a transfer fee and those that did have been great value such as Knight, Sykes, Dicky and increasingly Tanner. TGH is solid and McCrorie looks worth what we paid and some. Perhaps you refer to Mehmeti?

It's also pretty fair to say that BCFC have been at best pretty frugal but that's a different conversation..

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
5 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Hopefully Sam`s head is in the right place after Forest. He was devastated at the end.

Be smart management to keep faith with him, he’s incredibly fit & at 21 you have the capacity to play again so soon.

Looks like more options will be available next week so could get a breather then.

• Like 5
23 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Mebude won’t start.

Think you’re probably spot on with the other 10 though.

Bell or Mehmeti will probably be the 11th.

With Bell and Mehmeti getting through 120 minutes against Forest wouldn't shock me if Mebude starts.

• Hmmm 1
32 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

He will either be great for us-

Or a waste of space...

Nothing in-between 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
1 minute ago, Hocca said:

With Bell and Mehmeti getting through 120 minutes against Forest wouldn't shock me if Mebude starts.

Entitled to your view mate but a 19 year old with just one senior start ever (when he was taken off at HT) back in August, starting away at Boro would surprise me.

Manning as much as said that his “minutes” will come from the bench, so I won’t be surprised if he gets on (especially if we’re chasing the game) but I doubt very much he’ll start today or Tuesday.

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, Hocca said:

LM saying that he's yet to have a training session with the players due to having games, recovery, travel, etc.

But he should be on the bench and maybe get some minutes.

22 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

In recent seasons I can't think of new signings who have been "a waste of money".

Half the first team didn't involve a transfer fee and those that did have been great value such as Knight, Sykes, Dicky and increasingly Tanner. TGH is solid and McCrorie looks worth what we paid and some. Perhaps you refer to Mehmeti?

It's also pretty fair to say that BCFC have been at best pretty frugal but that's a different conversation..

Certainly getting better that’s for sure. It doesn’t just have to be transfers that’s a waste of money though. New contracts given incorrectly or allowing contracts to run down are also wastes of money and things that could still be improved 

The optimistic part of me thinks that the performance v Forest will have given the players the confidence to get something out of today’s game. 

The pessimistic part of me says the team will be tired and lethargic.

Normally I’m pessimistic but I think we’ll get something today. We are certainly due a league result. 

6 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Shame.

When he’s back we’ll sing UB40’s “Red, Red Twine” to him.

Apt. As we only seem to play well for One in Ten games recently. In fact, we’ve got Many rivers to cross before we see real consistency and it could be a labour of love to get us anywhere near promotion. And, as for our second half performances…if it happens again…

Food for thought, either way

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

On a more serious note, it’d be smart man management to start Bell. Although I didn’t see the Forest game, general feedback was that he played well and allowing him to get back on the horse straight away seems the right thing to do. From Wednesday, Pring and TGH coming back in seems obvious, most likely for King and Roberts but my guess is the same side outside of that.

• Like 2