IGNORED

Middlesbrough away match thread

11 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

On a more serious note, it’d be smart man management to start Bell. Although I didn’t see the Forest game, general feedback was that he played well and allowing him to get back on the horse straight away seems the right thing to do. From Wednesday, Pring and TGH coming back in seems obvious, most likely for King and Roberts but my guess is the same side outside of that.

Also, if any player could recover from 120 minutes it's Bell. 

If we can put in the kind of performance that we did just 11 days ago against Coventry, I'll be perfectly happy. 

If we don't win there will be some people getting hung up on ppg and form table, but I just want to see us play well, like we have in two of the last three games. Eventually, points will follow performances. 

Edited by mozo
  • Like 2
Just now, mozo said:

If we can put in the kind of performance that we did just 11 days ago against Coventry, I'll be perfectly happy. 

If we don't win there will be some people getting hung up on ppg and form table, but I just want to see us play well, like we have in two of the last three games. Eventually, points will follow performances. 

Whereas I’ll be disappointed!

Now, if you’d said like the opening 20+ minutes, I’d be with you.

But for the rest of the game, we lacked control, we got stretched, Coventry shaded it, etc.

• Like 4
16 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Whereas I’ll be disappointed!

Now, if you’d said like the opening 20+ minutes, I’d be with you.

But for the rest of the game, we lacked control, we got stretched, Coventry shaded it, etc.

You've got high expectations to think that we could go away to any top half Championship team and dominate for more than 20 minutes, then match the opposition for the rest of the game - we're not Leicester! 

Maybe I'm too easily pleased!

• Like 3
25 minutes ago, WECANDO said:

If I was Bell, although a bit slower at 75 years of age, I'd want to get back out on the pitch and tear Middlesbrough to shreds. I'm pretty sure Manning will have a word and get him thinking positive as will his team mates. 

I dont think I have ever seen bell tear any team to shreds.

Edited by BCFC31
2 minutes ago, BCFC31 said:

I dont think I have ever seen bell tear anyone to shreds.

What was that one goal where he knocked the ball down the line, sprinted past the full back and slotted it into the net? Or did I dream that...?

1 hour ago, mozo said:

Hopefully so, we often heard the opposite under Johnson, "we're playing badly and still winning, when the performances come we'll get even more points" blablaetcetc, except in the end we got what we deserved, the performances didnt improve and the points rightly dropped off.

Hopefully the same pattern happens this time, but we eventually get the points that our play indicates we should.

Edited by Unan
  • Like 1
14 minutes ago, Unan said:

Hopefully so, we often heard the opposite under Johnson, "we're playing badly and still winning, when the performances come we'll get even more points" blablaetcetc, except in the end we got what we deserved, the performances didnt improve and the points rightly dropped off.

Hopefully the same pattern happens this time, but we eventually get the points that our play indicates we should.

In my personal opinion (excluding the Leeds game), our main problem is finishing our chances, or to put it better, maximising our dangerous attacks. 

Our form would be much better if we have that cutting edge in around the oppo box. Hopefully one of our forwards can go on a run of form.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, mozo said:

You've got high expectations to think that we could go away to any top half Championship team and dominate for more than 20 minutes, then match the opposition for the rest of the game - we're not Leicester! 

Maybe I'm too easily pleased!

Yeah not dominate but control more of the game. The passing second half, simple passes too, was pretty bad. If we do that, we’ll be in trouble!