IGNORED

Middlesbrough away match thread

2 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I'm confused, I thought the reason we took Conway off was with today in mind? It makes no sense. 

Maybe you thought wrong. We've got another game in 3 days. He'll probably still get some mins today.

• Like 3
17 hours ago, BigTone said:

Had pre op scans today ready for my second knee replacement and having trouble walking after.  Other than that the wine is chilled !!!

All the best with it Tone, now you have a good excuse for sitting and enjoying your red wine. Iv'e just bought a bottle of Chillian Cabernet Sauvignon, I think we will enjoy that tonight, especially if we get a good result.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I'm confused, I thought the reason we took Conway off was with today in mind? It makes no sense. 

Wells scored our last league goal & there are 3 games this week.

I’m pretty relaxed about it, it’s not like we are asking someone from the U18s to play in place of TC, is it?

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Wells scored our last league goal & there are 3 games this week.

I’m pretty relaxed about it, it’s not like we are asking someone from the U18s to play in place of TC, is it?

Yea I get you but I had assumed the rationale around taking off our main penalty taker on Wednesday was to rest him for today. 

1 minute ago, italian dave said:

Or, to win it in 120 mins…..which we very nearly did! 

I did see your other reply but I got distracted and forgot to reply. 

You made a very good point! I thought Wells and Cornick were excellent. They battled hard against a tired defence and like you said on another day one of them score and we'd be talking about what great subs they were. 

But I left the ground feeling annoyed that we lost on penalties having subbed off our best penalty taker. 

Just now, W-S-M Seagull said:

If I thought wrong then that makes the decision to sub him even more stupid. 

Our league season is done. Beating Forest would have been worth around a million quid for us. 

We tried and very nearly beat them in ET. Not sure why that's stupid but that's your opinion not mine.

Just now, W-S-M Seagull said:

We lost by missing a penalty so its valid to challenge the decision to take off our main penalty taker. 

Had we of lost in extra time I'd not be making this point. 

Nah, i don't agree with that.

Anyway, back to today's game. COYR

14 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I did see your other reply but I got distracted and forgot to reply. 

You made a very good point! I thought Wells and Cornick were excellent. They battled hard against a tired defence and like you said on another day one of them score and we'd be talking about what great subs they were. 

But I left the ground feeling annoyed that we lost on penalties having subbed off our best penalty taker. 

Of course. Tho’ in fairness, both Wells and Cornick scored their pens, so had we left TC on at the expense of one of them it would have made no difference. That’s how I’m managing my annoyance, anyway 😂

I take no credit for that point; I think you made it first!!

Edited by italian dave
20 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Yea I get you but I had assumed the rationale around taking off our main penalty taker on Wednesday was to rest him for today. 

Yeah that's definitely what I thought so I guess there must be a medical reason. Conway's undoubtedly first choice if fit