IGNORED

Which Luton player did we sign before Naismith? smith!?

Coin-op

16 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Bakinson?

I think we more nicked Bakinson from Luton rather than signed him IIIRC? Not that it was really worth the effort bar about 6 months of reasonable performances. Currently residing in the 'where are they now file' or Charlton Athletic as it is more commonly known. 

Prior to Naismith (Cornick was signed after) & if you see Bakinson & Hinds as players that we got from their academy, we haven’t signed a player from Luton before that since Enoch Showunmi.

I think the OP probably has a player in mind that joined from somewhere else, seeing as Enoch was 18 years ago now.

6 hours ago, fgrsimon said:

I think we more nicked Bakinson from Luton rather than signed him IIIRC? Not that it was really worth the effort bar about 6 months of reasonable performances. Currently residing in the 'where are they now file' or Charlton Athletic as it is more commonly known. 

Bakinson and Hinds we signed from their youth set up, so depends on whether that's classed as a proper signing from them.

Both were around 17-18 at the time I think.

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Prior to Naismith (Cornick was signed after) & if you see Bakinson & Hinds as players that we got from their academy, we haven’t signed a player from Luton before that since Enoch Showunmi.

I think the OP probably has a player in mind that joined from somewhere else, seeing as Enoch was 18 years ago now.

18 years ago! Bloody hell. Where does time go!

5 minutes ago, SuperDziek said:

18 years ago! Bloody hell. Where does time go!

I know.

I was explaining to a mate (Brighton fan, in his 30s) about the year we got to the playoff final, in 2008 & he said he was still at school then..

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I know.

I was explaining to a mate (Brighton fan, in his 30s) about the year we got to the playoff final, in 2008 & he said he was still at school then..

Despite being at Twerton for "that game", the Brighton final remains my most depressing experience as a City fan (& to be fair, its had a lot or challengers over the years!).

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

1 minute ago, TDarwall said:

Despite being at Twerton for "that game", the Brighton final remains my most depressing experience as a City fan (& to be fair, its had a lot or challengers over the years!).

Absolutely.

Saw a couple of terrible hammerings at Twerton but much as I hate to admit it, Rovers under Francis were very effective in both of those games.

Brighton were just as bad as us but we were absolute litter, totally gutless & wouldn’t have scored if they had packed up & gone home.

Anyone who ever wonders why Wilson was rightly sacked afterwards should be made to watch this game every week until they get it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1