IGNORED

Cardiff Home - kick off now 12:30

On 13/02/2024 at 16:09, Mr Popodopolous said:

The arrogant we know best p****s need a bit of a light shining IMO.

Safety Advisory Group have been a joke for years. No Minutes in the public domain published since summer 2014 speaks utter volumes.

Who do they work for, who do they think they are. Jumped up individuals.

Still the Council are, have been a shower of S*** for years so don't expect anything better.

Go on Mr P, don’t sit on the fence, let it all out 😂

Bristol City has apologised to its fans, and fans of Cardiff City for changing the time of the kick-off of the upcoming Severnside Derby - and admitted it should have told fans earlier.

Bristol Live understands the match being moved to an earlier kick-off time is the result of a request of the police, but that request was made last summer, soon after the fixture list was first published. The switch wasn't made then, because the clubs involved wanted to wait to see if it was picked by Sky Sports to be a televised game, which could have necessitated another change itself with the game potentially being moved to the Friday evening, Saturday evening or Sunday afternoon.

A Bristol City spokesperson said: “We apologise to Bristol City and Cardiff City fans for the shorter than usual notice of the kick-off time change for the fixture on March 2. Ourselves, Cardiff City and the EFL decided to wait until the broadcast selections for March before confirming the kick-off time change to 12.30pm in case this game was selected for broadcast and the scheduled matchday and/or kick-off time had to be changed.

“The broadcast selections were announced on February 2 and this game was not selected for broadcast. However, we recognise that the change to a 12.30pm kick-off for safety reasons should have been communicated to supporters earlier. We will continue to look at improving communication to fans and hope they are not too inconvenienced by this kick-off change," he added.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/bristol-city-apologises-fans-over-9100889

Poor show from the clubs and the EFL here.

Edited by View from the Dolman
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/bristol-city-apologises-fans-over-9100889

Poor show from the clubs and the EFL here.

So unless I’m misreading it the club basically lied with its initial communications to place the blame on the police rather than not bothering to tell anyone until less than 3 weeks before the game 

Can we therefore assume waiting for tv games are announced was an attempt to shift the blame onto sky?

2 minutes ago, East Londoner said:

So unless I’m misreading it the club basically lied with its initial communications to place the blame on the police rather than not bothering to tell anyone until less than 3 weeks before the game 

Can we therefore assume waiting for tv games are announced was an attempt to shift the blame onto sky?

Looks that way. It was just utterly dishonest to ever pretend it was a 3pm kick-off. 

Everyone but the fans knew that it wouldn't be a 3pm kick-off when tickets went on sale in January (as per https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/march-home-fixtures-set-for-priority-sale/). It's just plain dishonest and deceitful.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, East Londoner said:

So what would have happened if sky had picked it for a Friday evening kick off? Would that then have been the trigger to announce kick off change time ? 

15 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Looks that way. It was just utterly dishonest to ever pretend it was a 3pm kick-off. 

But the away game was 3pm with no issues at all save for the issues the police caused by lying about trains being available and then kettling us in.  Police and club are a joke here.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lenred said:

But the away game was 3pm with no issues at all save for the issues the police caused by lying about trains being available and then kettling us in.  Police and club are a joke here.  

Not sure the police did much wrong here, they requested the kick off change months ago, it was the club that held off announcing it in the hope that it would be picked for TV, and then delayed the announcement for 11 days after it wasn't picked!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, richwwtk said:

Not sure the police did much wrong here, they requested the kick off change months ago, it was the club that held off announcing it in the hope that it would be picked for TV, and then delayed the announcement for 11 days after it wasn't picked!

So why have the police asked it to be moved in the first place then?

4 minutes ago, lenred said:

So why have the police asked it to be moved in the first place then?

It's Us v Cardiff, always happens. Mainly due to trouble in the past.

You may think it is unneccessary now, and I would agree, but they obviously have a different opinion.

Edited by richwwtk

A Bristol City spokesperson said: “We apologise to Bristol City and Cardiff City fans for the shorter than usual notice of the kick-off time change for the fixture on March 2. Ourselves, Cardiff City and the EFL decided to wait until the broadcast selections for March before confirming the kick-off time change to 12.30pm in case this game was selected for broadcast and the scheduled matchday and/or kick-off time had to be changed"

What's the difference between changing it from 12:30 or a 15:00? Utter nonsense

• Admin
8 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

It's Us v Cardiff, always happens. Mainly due to trouble in the past.

You may think it is unneccessary now, and I would agree, but they obviously have a different opinion.

But there have been next to no problems externally at these fixtures in years

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

Sorry @richwwtk where has it been said that the police requested the kick off change?

Because as already mentioned the A&S rep that attends SC&@T meetings has said on a number of occasions this fixture wasn't likely to change, so would be interested to know how you know different please?

It's from the club in their statement that A&S had requested the kick-off be moved. so either the rep that attends the meetings wasn't informed (probably a command decision) or they weren't being entirely honest. 

• Admin
5 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

It's from the club in their statement that A&S had requested the kick-off be moved. so either the rep that attends the meetings wasn't informed (probably a command decision) or they weren't being entirely honest. 

I missed that reply when reading the thread - you quoted me as I deleted it

Thanks for clarifying though

2 hours ago, pillred said:

At the risk of repeating myself(I am) the question was when WAS the last time there was trouble with Cardiff? not does it make any difference what time the game started.

Did you go to the last home game against Cardiff?

also did you go to the last way game by train?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pillred said:

At the risk of repeating myself(I am) the question was when WAS the last time there was trouble with Cardiff? not does it make any difference what time the game started.

I can’t remember the last time , that’s what makes it stupid , Cardiff did smash up the toilets couple of years back but I honestly can’t remember the last time there was any reports of actual trouble between the 2 sets of fans 

• Like 1