IGNORED

Cardiff Home - kick off now 12:30

12 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Piss-poor by all concerned really.

I do apologise a bit to the Police and or SAG but not much because they have a terrible track-record down the years.

Remember the 2017 debacle??

no…?

Edited by exAtyeoMax

4 hours ago, phantom said:

You know what I meant, problems as in outside the ground to warrant the kick of time

It's probably been a fair while, I am not sure why they think altering the time will make any difference, if it's the pub situation I would imagine if groups of people or individuals wanted to have a drink there are many ways of doing so without going to licensed premises. I agree kick-off times probably make little difference to the rsoles that come over to make trouble.

Edited by pillred
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, lenred said:

So why have the police asked it to be moved in the first place then?

Because they wanted to, it is pretty irrelevant as the club can’t do anything about it…. Except of course actually telling fans in a timely manner that it would be a 12:30 kick off 

3 hours ago, Coombsy said:

Did you go to the last home game against Cardiff?

also did you go to the last way game by train?

Went to the home game, to be honest I didn't notice any trouble as such and only found out about the damage later that day. I stopped going to Cardiff away when they started trying to treat a group of 60 year old men like potential trouble makers and said I couldn't make my own arrangements so-called bubble matches. I'm old enough to remember when trouble was almost guaranteed over there, I can remember the police keeping us in the end after the game finished and receiving a hail of coins and bottles of urine from the home fans.

19 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Because they wanted to, it is pretty irrelevant as the club can’t do anything about it…. Except of course actually telling fans in a timely manner that it would be a 12:30 kick off 

It’s not irrelevant. 

29 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Any chance they could push back a bit or lobby internally at least for the SAG to publish minutes more than once a decade?

Wouldn’t have been better if the club moved it to 12.30 months ago?

That way the police would be happy, if Sky chose it it may have been 12.30 they wanted and it certainly would never have been 3 o’clock.

And then if Sky had moved it again at least they would get the blame.

Plus, haven’t Sky chosen their games for that period weeks ago?

What an utter shambles

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Wouldn’t have been better if the club moved it to 12.30 months ago?

That way the police would be happy, if Sky chose it it may have been 12.30 they wanted and it certainly would never have been 3 o’clock.

And then if Sky had moved it again at least they would get the blame.

Plus, haven’t Sky chosen their games for that period weeks ago?

What an utter shambles

Far too much common sense Ralph.

"We will continue to look at improving communication to fans and hope they are not too inconvenienced by this kick-off change"

How many times does one club need to look at improving communication, we're up to about once a month for this crap, isn't it about time we accepted that bar Jerry we're run by a load of amateurs. 

I notice also that they didn't publish this anywhere other than in the EP when put on the spot by a journalist, so it wasn't  a serious apology or admission and they don't plan on doing anything about it.

What number are we up to now for lies to supporters this season?

• Like 2