IGNORED

Cardiff Home - kick off now 12:30

14 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

If that's what they were doing (and I agree it's very possible), Sky announced their selections for that weekend on the 2nd Feb. So they've left it another week and a half after that before announcing a change to the time.

Not good enough, and I reckon the club making it very clear in their tweet that it's a police request shows their feelings on the matter.

Safety Advisory Group or Police expressly?

We all know that the Safety Advisory Group, formerly Heather Clarke was one name but dunno whether still applicable, don't like scrutiny.

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yeah, total guess but can imagine them seeing the Sky fixtures and thinking - shit, they haven’t picked up, better get on to it sharpish

You’re spot on there Dave.

We all know  that City v both Swansea and Cardiff have a history going back years of football violence between fans and we’d all expect the matches to be a 12:30pm ko but as others have said why have A&S police left it so late?

Hopefully Phants can feed back after the next SC&T meeting.

• Like 1

The arrogant we know best p****s need a bit of a light shining IMO.

Safety Advisory Group have been a joke for years. No Minutes in the public domain published since summer 2014 speaks utter volumes.

Who do they work for, who do they think they are. Jumped up individuals.

Still the Council are, have been a shower of S*** for years so don't expect anything better.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 2
  • Flames 1

13 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

The arrogant we know best p****s need a bit of a light shining IMO.

Safety Advisory Group have been a joke for years. No Minutes in the public domain published since summer 2014 speaks utter volumes.

Who do they won't for, who do they think they are. Jumped up ponces.

Still the Council are, have been a shower of S*** for years so don't expect anything better.

Tell us how you really feel Mr Pops 🤣

By the way, I 100% agree with you. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CloudyThatchers said:

Yep and only 3 home Saturday games with a 3pm left this season

I guess it's easing us into how next season will be with the new TV deal starting.

This will negatively impact season card sales for sure.

1 hour ago, everreddy said:

If fans want regular 3pm kick offs, then they should stop kicking off….

This isn't the point though is it. The point is they have changed KO time less than 3 weeks before the game. Also, wasn't the reverse tie 3pm?

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

FFS! I've booked my coach tickets and made plans. It's not as if they've had 8 months to make this decision. 

Share your pain @exAtyeoMax - booked my train travel a few weeks ago, assuming that the KO wouldn’t be changed at such short notice. How wrong was I !

A&S Police have a lot to answer for - don’t hold out much hope for knowing why such a late change has been made but I, along with you and many others will I’m sure, like to know why it’s been moved with less than 3 weeks before the game.

Bearing in mind we played there at 3pm, what makes a game in Bristol, needing to be policed differently?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

Share your pain @exAtyeoMax - booked my train travel a few weeks ago, assuming that the KO wouldn’t be changed at such short notice. How wrong was I !

A&S Police have a lot to answer for - don’t hold out much hope for knowing why such a late change has been made but I, along with you and many others will I’m sure, like to know why it’s been moved with less than 3 weeks before the game.

Bearing in mind we played there at 3pm, what makes a game in Bristol, needing to be policed differently?

someone on X mentioned peace marches, I don't know if that is the reason?

On 13/02/2024 at 14:26, phantom said:

I'm pretty sure that the police get the fixture list before they are published so they can have input on things like this

It is especially disappointing because on a previous SC&T monthly meeting it was stated that Swansea was seen as the only flashpoint fixture, so the question has to be asked why this changes just 18 days before kick off

The next monthly meeting will be interesting to hear an explanation

I also wonder how many will not fancy it now, it's not quiet the same having a buffet breakfast compared to an actual lunch

As above, I will ensure the question is asked to the A&S representative that attends

Ask them on what grounds , there has hardly been any incidents of note for a while with Cardiff home or away , there seems to be more problems with Swansea over the last 5 years , this stinks of change for change sake 

12 hours ago, redkev said:

That has nothing to do with time though , wasn’t that a 1230 kick off aswell , 

At the risk of repeating myself(I am) the question was when WAS the last time there was trouble with Cardiff? not does it make any difference what time the game started.