IGNORED

Cardiff Home - kick off now 12:30

6 minutes ago, Unan said:

Does this stop anyone looking for trouble? Afaik, they just start drinking earlier 

I don't think the Police have twigged on early opening or take away cans and bottle yet. Keep that to yourself though.

• Haha 3

• The title was changed to Cardiff Home - kick off now 12:30
39 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Great news (NOT) for anyone who has booked trains or rearranged work/childcare etc to get to this game

This…..booked my trains a couple of weeks ago!

Our game there was 3pm and so why do A&S request a change to KO time, less than 3 weeks before the game when they were announced over 6 months ago!l?

Clueless!

• Admin
1 hour ago, bearded_red said:

Full credit to the swift and efficient work of Avon and Somerset police, the fixture list only came out in June after all.

I'm pretty sure that the police get the fixture list before they are published so they can have input on things like this

It is especially disappointing because on a previous SC&T monthly meeting it was stated that Swansea was seen as the only flashpoint fixture, so the question has to be asked why this changes just 18 days before kick off

The next monthly meeting will be interesting to hear an explanation

9 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

How will this work for people who have booked hospitality?

Will they swap lunch for breakfast?

I also wonder how many will not fancy it now, it's not quiet the same having a buffet breakfast compared to an actual lunch

2 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

This…..booked my trains a couple of weeks ago!

Our game there was 3pm and so why do A&S request a change to KO time, less than 3 weeks before the game when they were announced over 6 months ago!l?

Clueless!

As above, I will ensure the question is asked to the A&S representative that attends

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Reckon they were hoping Sky would pick it up rather than them having to make the call.  Far too close to the date of fixture to make a change like this.

Makes no difference to me whatsoever, but lots if impacted groups, ie those that travel, kids teams matches, etc.

Piss poor.

• Like 12

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

I'm pretty sure that the police get the fixture list before they are published so they can have input on things like this

It is especially disappointing because on a previous SC&T monthly meeting it was stated that Swansea was seen as the only flashpoint fixture, so the question has to be asked why this changes just 18 days before kick off

The next monthly meeting will be interesting to hear an explanation

I also wonder how many will not fancy it now, it's not quiet the same having a buffet breakfast compared to an actual lunch

As above, I will ensure the question is asked to the A&S representative that attends

Thanks @phantom - can you see if A&S will provide a refund on my train travel, now that I have to make alternative travel arrangements on the day?! 😉

2 minutes ago, petehinton said:

keeping it at 3pm away earlier in the season, made absolutely no difference to anything. Showed there’s no need to move it any earlier or later. It’s been proven. 

Correct. Any notion OB have of an earlier kick off reducing FV is ridiculous. It’s been proven over the last several seasons (even Cardiff away last season) to make no difference, especially as a lot of it these days isn’t fuelled by alcohol and that which is is easily worked around. 

Edited by One Team

19 minutes ago, Full nelson said:

The police make these last minute changes on purpose knowing people have made plans, booked transport for a 3pm KO. They hate football fans. 

Yep, intrigued to know why the change has been made so late though……normally, these decisions are made more than a month in advance……shouldn’t be allowed so close to the game.

Hopefully, @phantom can get to the bottom of it for us 👍

Been planning this trip for ages to tie in with a family birthday.

7 of us coming up from Devon on the Train.

We were expecting an early kick off request and so left it as late as we could also bearing in mind possible / probable Train Strikes.

The A&S Rozzers decide to make the request less than 3 weeks before the match day. Do they actually give any thought to anything?

Please, please tell me there aren't any ridiculous Marches in the City Centre that they are trying to avoid. I will proper lose my sh!t if it has anything to do with this.

Had to change all of the tickets and of course there was a fee to do so on each ticket.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Reckon they were hoping Sky would pick it up rather than them having to make the call.  Far too close to the date of fixture to make a change like this.

Makes no difference to me whatsoever, but lots if impacted groups, ie those that travel, kids teams matches, etc.

Piss poor.

If that's what they were doing (and I agree it's very possible), Sky announced their selections for that weekend on the 2nd Feb. So they've left it another week and a half after that before announcing a change to the time.

Not good enough, and I reckon the club making it very clear in their tweet that it's a police request shows their feelings on the matter.

Edited by Northern Red
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

If that's what they were doing (and I agree it's very possible), Sky announced their selections for that weekend on the 2nd Feb. So they've left it another week and a half after that before announcing a change the time.

Not good enough, and I reckon the club making it very clear in their tweet that it's a police request shows their feelings on the matter.

Yeah, total guess but can imagine them seeing the Sky fixtures and thinking - shit, they haven’t picked up, better get on to it sharpish

• Like 2