IGNORED

Matt James

Ecko

For any of us who ever played football & wondered why we didn’t make it, imagine playing against someone like him.

Absolute class, positional sense immaculate, rarely wastes a pass.

Superb player.

• Like 8

26 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Agreed. I'm surprised so many were fairly keen to let him go at the end of the season.

James was excellent tonight and deserved MOTM. Also a shout out to Dickie and Mehmeti who were worthy MOTM contenders.

To be fair I think most were happy to see him go thinking we would persist with the 5 at the back and 2 in midfield which leaves him exposed.

He is a monster in a midfield 3 like tonight and has many more good years in him if that is the way we want to go. I hope we do!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, !james said:

Fantastic player but massive wages. Would have to be on vastly reduced terms and think he'll get offers elsewhere 

I actually highly doubt he is on massive wages. Competitive wages sure, but not at the level.. post Covid, NP connection, as we were entering the austerity era.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

45 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Agreed. I'm surprised so many were fairly keen to let him go at the end of the season.

James was excellent tonight and deserved MOTM. Also a shout out to Dickie and Mehmeti who were worthy MOTM contenders.

You don’t get promoted to and play in the Premier League without quality and he still has plenty of it. He’s still ‘only’ 32 so could have a few years left yet at this level. 

Edited by One Team
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

I’m going to miss watching him play every week so much. I really am. 

Pete, don't do this to us, really hope you've not heard something on the grapevine. Matty was top drawer tonight and we need him signed up asap along with Williams who was also excellent tonight.

• Like 2

I don't think it's about the offer we make, it's about what he wants his personal circumstances to look like for another 2 years. 

Does he really want to be away from home and a young family 4-5 nights a week? It will be a tough decision for him.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I don't think it's about the offer we make, it's about what he wants his personal circumstances to look like for another 2 years. 

Does he really want to be away from home and a young family 4-5 nights a week? It will be a tough decision for him.

How far is he from home?

2 hours ago, One Team said:

You don’t get promoted to and play in the Premier League without quality and he still has plenty of it. He’s still ‘only’ 32 so could have a few years left yet at this level. 

I said the other day, his legs haven’t had the amount of games a normal 32 year old would have…albeit becayse if injuries throughout his mid 20s…so I still see the desire to want to eke out as many games as he can in his career.

I thought he was brill against West Ham, he was a General out there tonight.

• Like 5