IGNORED

Mbude.

pillred

2 minutes ago, Shuffle said:

I’ve seen Semenyo & Wes Burns have terrible sub appearances and bounce back but he didn’t even do the basics correct.  I’m pretty sure that there were options to pass to him not taken & with Cornick on the other side, we were light on quality . If he’s got an agreed fee of £1.5- 2m then he’s going to have to come out all guns blazing but how can we give him game time after that.

We had a fee agreed for Diony too 🤣

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

I think you me and Fevs had a conversation a few weeks ago about DM where we were trying to figure out the lack of game time in Belgium - Tinnion and Manning said work permit issues but when we looked into that seemed not to hold water. It seems from that performance (and potentially why he didn’t play in Belgium) that he’s just one who is fine in U21s football but is nowhere near ready for senior level.

I think it reached the stage with about 10 minutes left when his team mates were only passing to him if they absolutely had no alternative.

Roberts was all in with about 15 to go, took a really heavy knock late on, yet still managed to drag himself back on one occasion to snuff out an attack, Mebude either didn’t have it in him or didn’t think to get back to support.

His team mates will know that he’s so far adrift at present of this standard, coming on for 5 minutes at 3 up is a different story.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

He came on around the 58 minute mark.

He looked like he had never played before, a complete passenger.

That’s totally on Manning, he had 7 outfield subs left to bring on & it is a world apart from coming on with 3 minutes to go when you’re 3 up.

This game was still live & doing so effectively meant we played the remainder a man short.

I’ll be amazed if he features again until the season is mathematically over.

Also, does that mean Twine was not even fit enough to play 30 Mins? Why was he even on the bench. Yeboah was raw, clearly not really ready, but he looked far better than this lad. £2M ? A player Manning says he has watched many times. Maybe he was not such a good academy coach after all . 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Wow. 

So after a 2 brief substitute appearances we've decided Mebude is the best young player in Europe, and then U-turned to decide that he's dreadful and should be nowhere near the team.

Classic OTIB 🤦‍♂️😂

Sorry, but he was absolutely shocking out there today, and you can only comment on what is before your eyes.  Mebude was right in front of me in the Dolman today and what I saw was a player having a horrifically bad time.  Hardly surprising that people are reflecting what they saw.  He was dreadful.

Edited by The Dolman Pragmatist
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, Shuffle said:

I’ve seen Semenyo & Wes Burns have terrible sub appearances and bounce back but he didn’t even do the basics correct.  I’m pretty sure that there were options to pass to him not taken & with Cornick on the other side, we were light on quality . If he’s got an agreed fee of £1.5- 2m then he’s going to have to come out all guns blazing but how can we give him game time after that.

Promise this isn’t being wise after the event because I certainly doubted Antoine (not Wes, shows what I know!) but even early on they had a physicality he blatantly lacks, he was shrugged aside repeatedly like a youth player (which is what he is).

• Like 2

On 14/02/2024 at 00:43, pillred said:

Well, what were your thoughts? to say I'm excited would be an understatement, yes he played a few minutes but showed a cool football brain did not panic and showed glimpses to me that we have uncovered a diamond in the rough. 

Would like yo know how he is in anyway better than Yeboah. He was was awful for 30 minutes today.

And I don't particularly rate Yeboah (yet).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I think it reached the stage with about 10 minutes left when his team mates were only passing to him if they absolutely had no alternative.

Roberts was all in with about 15 to go, took a really heavy knock late on, yet still managed to drag himself back on one occasion to snuff out an attack, Mebude either didn’t have it in him or didn’t think to get back to support.

His team mates will know that he’s so far adrift at present of this standard, coming on for 5 minutes at 3 up is a different story.

Yep, I think we’ve both watched enough football to recognise when teammates just don’t think a player is up to it - and that was clear today. What I’m wondering though, is that they’ve clearly trained with him. If they’d seen he was potentially up to standard in training, then they’d have kept trying to engage him as they’d have known there was ability there. That they didn’t try and give him the ball is totally damning.

• Like 5
  • Facepalm 1

Long time since I see a player that far out his depth, the game just passed him by, when he did get the ball he wanted far to much time on it, it looks like there could be a player there but think it will take him some time to get used to the pace of the championship

2 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Yep, I think we’ve both watched enough football to recognise when teammates just don’t think a player is up to it - and that was clear today. What I’m wondering though, is that they’ve clearly trained with him. If they’d seen he was potentially up to standard in training, then they’d have kept trying to engage him as they’d have known there was ability there. That they didn’t try and give him the ball is totally damning.

TBH they didn’t pass to Ross 1st half when he was in a ton of space.  The whole team was too slow in affective.  The kid needs a few games in the 21’s. 

Frustratingly kept going towards the player with the ball thus closing the space and any passing options. A couple of times he had the chance to run down the line and take the full back with him to create space. 

2 minutes ago, Bodiesaffer said:

TBH they didn’t pass to Ross 1st half when he was in a ton of space.  The whole team was too slow in affective.  The kid needs a few games in the 21’s. 

So why have we signed him ?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Would like yo know how he is in anyway better than Yeboah. He was was awful for 30 minutes today.

And I don't particularly rate Yeboah (yet).

I agree with you about Yeboah, the jury is still out for him as far as I am concerned. A bit of a headless chicken, but a headless chicken who frightens the opposition somewhat. 

This lad looked way out of his depth. No way would Yeboah's path have been blocked by a loan signing of a novice under Pearson, and especially one that clearly doesn't look like he's ready for men's football. 

• Like 7

49 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

He came on around the 58 minute mark.

He looked like he had never played before, a complete passenger.

That’s totally on Manning, he had 7 outfield subs left to bring on & it is a world apart from coming on with 3 minutes to go when you’re 3 up.

This game was still live & doing so effectively meant we played the remainder a man short.

I’ll be amazed if he features again until the season is mathematically over.

I said just before I walked out on 85 minutes (yes I am in the dolman), he looked liked someone who’d won a competition to be a professional footballer for a day. 

Prepared to give him time but didn’t see anything to get me excited today. 

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

27 minutes ago, Bodiesaffer said:

I’m glad it wasn’t just mean who saw that !

The number of times it could have come from the centre backs straight to McCrorie but it went into James and then back to the CB who put the ball back out to the left where it had just come from.

Our passing was too slow and all these passes into James for the ball to go back to where it originally came from are unnecessary 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

I agree with you about Yeboah, the jury is still out for him as far as I am concerned. A bit of a headless chicken, but a headless chicken who frightens the opposition somewhat. 

This lad looked way out of his depth. No way would Yeboah's path have been blocked by a loan signing of a novice under Pearson, and especially one that clearly doesn't look like he's ready for men's football. 

And also Yeboah's physically strong too.  After watching Mebude's performance he will be back banging on Mannings door again. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Sorry, but he was absolutely shocking out there today, and you can only comment on what is before your eyes.  Mebude was right in front of me in the Dolman today and what I saw was a player having a horrifically bad time.  Hardly surprising that people are reflecting what they saw.  He was dreadful.

Huge difference between saying a player was poor today, and completely writing a player off.

Especially ironic given that this thread was originally made because fans wanted to comment on how incredibly promising Mebude looked vs Southampton. People overreacted to his performance then, and have U-turned to overreact to his performance today. 

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I think you me and Fevs had a conversation a few weeks ago about DM where we were trying to figure out the lack of game time in Belgium - Tinnion and Manning said work permit issues but when we looked into that seemed not to hold water. It seems from that performance (and potentially why he didn’t play in Belgium) that he’s just one who is fine in U21s football but is nowhere near ready for senior level.

I’ve perplexed that this permit thing hasnt been properly asked about or explained. 

If there were permit issues, he simply wouldn’t have been able to sign?

2 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Huge difference between saying a player was poor today, and completely writing a player off.

Especially ironic given that this thread was originally made because fans wanted to comment on how incredibly promising Mebude looked vs Southampton. People overreacted to his performance then, and have U-turned to overreact to his performance today. 

Yep. That’s the all or nothing society we have nowadays. 
Basically, the kid had a poor game. No getting away from that. 
But let’s see what he does for the rest of his loan and decide whether we want him or not. 
Bad game. Move on. 

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, petehinton said:

I’ve perplexed that this permit thing hasnt been properly asked about or explained. 

If there were permit issues, he simply wouldn’t have been able to sign?

I think it’s something that Piercy etc should be all over. Manning and Tinnion both said he hadn’t played much due to work permit issues. However, he did play early on, there is nothing in the media about work permit issues making him unavailable over there and if you search the work permit regulations for professional sportsmen in Belgium he appears to meet them. Add in that he was Westerloos 5th biggest signing ever and you’d imagine they’d be all over ensuring they could play him.

My working theory is that there were no work permit issues. Westerloo signed him based on the performance in Man City U21s. When they saw him in senior football he wasn’t up to standard yet, so they were happy to loan him out (with option to get rid)

Or, the TL:DR theory is that Tinnion still thinks it’s 1970 and we can’t get info on foreign countries readily, and is once more bullshitting.

I’d put money on it.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Frankie_Red said:

Some of the abuse the lad was getting today was disgusting. People in S25 calling him a ****. out of order!

I agree he didn’t offer himself a contract and didn’t pick himself today. 

Poor lad was so far out of his depth he probably met Engval at the bottom of the pool. 

Im not sure what the contract situation with him, but spending Scott money on this kid is LJ proportions idiocy. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, ZiderMeUp said:

A lot of posters on here showing they weren’t in the ground on Tuesday.  

I wasn't which is why I have made no comments regarding Tuesday in any thread. However I did like a post that questioned posters raving about him after a 7 minute cameo.

Today I saw for my own eyes that he looked out of his depth and imo under coached.

Therefore it is right to question why he was signed and why he is blocking the pathway of one of our own academy players.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I think it’s something that Piercy etc should be all over. Manning and Tinnion both said he hadn’t played much due to work permit issues. However, he did play early on, there is nothing in the media about work permit issues making him unavailable over there and if you search the work permit regulations for professional sportsmen in Belgium he appears to meet them. Add in that he was Westerloos 5th biggest signing ever and you’d imagine they’d be all over ensuring they could play him.

My working theory is that there were no work permit issues. Westerloo signed him based on the performance in Man City U21s. When they saw him in senior football he wasn’t up to standard yet, so they were happy to loan him out (with option to get rid)

Or, the TL:DR theory is that Tinnion still thinks it’s 1970 and we can’t get info on foreign countries readily, and is once more bullshitting.

I’d put money on it.

I’ve messaged Piercy to see if he can ask for it to be clarified 👍🏻

It certainly doesn’t add up does it. Manning said something like “he’s had permit issues in Belgium, I know because I’ve been there myself”. Only thing I can think is if it’s some odd tax thing that’s way above our heads. 

Genuinely felt sorry for him. Hopefully just a one off. But if today is anything to go by, wouldn’t be shocked to see Nelson back on the bench over him if they’ve maybe under egged how much work he needs to get up to speed to the demands of the level after so much time without games. 

• Like 1