IGNORED

Eat your words

Bcfc3660

1 minute ago, transfer reader said:

Someone on the Saints forum said in their MTD that playing at a tight pitch like Ashton Gate would negatively impact them.

Until it was pointing out that the pitch at AG is wider than the one at St Mary's 

And they defended really narrow so you'd think a tight pitch would help...maybe a tight pitch like they have at home?

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

And they defended really narrow so you'd think a tight pitch would help...maybe a tight pitch like they have at home?

There was only 1m difference, although I'm trusting what the other poster on their forum said, not checked it myself.

That said I do seem to remember reading that AG has it's pitch dimensions at the upper range of what's allowed.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Comment from Saints fan on that site - 'the pitch was a leveller' 

Err, dont think so!

Funny you mention the pitch.  Pre-game, both me and the chap I sit next to thought the grass looked longer than normal.  And I don’t think it played as slick as it usually does.  Saints passing early doors was stodgy, and they misplaced quite a few passes trying to put pace on the ball.

No idea whether a LM plan or not?

Pretty sure the AG pitch has traditionally been one of the biggest in the league.

LJ insisted it was narrowed during his time here - too much grass to measure?

These days the width in particular seems to vary according to how the current manager thinks it best suits his style of play, so no idea of LM's preference or where AG stands in comparison with other pitches now.

16 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Pretty sure the AG pitch has traditionally been one of the biggest in the league.

These days the width in particular seems to vary according to how the current manager thinks it best suits his style of play, so no idea of LM's preference or where AG stands in comparison with other pitches now.

That was because he's a short arse and with the curvature of the earth, he struggled to see the Dolman side of the pitch from the dugout!

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Super said:

It's only his prediction hardly anything to worry about. We do come across as very precious.

You are right of course, but I'm the sort to get annoyed by our win at M'boro being shown last but one on Saturday. 
#BitterFromFishponds

8 minutes ago, Akira said:

I very much enjoyed listening to this caller on Talksport... 😂

I turned the program on after this , took a while to get to the car,  so this was the caller they were having a go at for being "entitled " . 
No disrespect :facepalm: but we should be smashing mid table Championship sides . :cool2:

Him calling players, then the football then trying to backtrack from "disgrace" was funny .  
We may not be Leicester , but I wonder if he's realised , neither are they . :thumbsup:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Akira said:

I very much enjoyed listening to this caller on Talksport... 😂

That complete k***  ‘Curtis’ was the epitome of the entitled jumped up football fan and was simply an embarrassment

His mate in the car ‘shouted out c*** twice and the call was binned and

‘Curtis’ later rung back in a 2nd call. , how he was some sort of superfan for actually going to the away game ,
 was then extremely dismissive and rude to a fellow Saints fan who was far more balanced as ‘he hadn’t attended the game live so couldn’t have an accurate opinion ‘

The ultimate k***

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Doesn't look like it has gone back to what it used to be since he left either which is a shame. I've always loved the fact we've had a wide pitch, and it used to be wider. Fans right on top of the players taking a throw-in and encouraging our play down the wings.

He really didn't get this club did he.

• Like 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Comment from Saints fan on that site - 'the pitch was a leveller' 

Err, dont think so!

It was picked up on the TV coverage how many players from both sides were struggling to keep on their feet

After it was mentioned it was noticeable how many seemed overly cautious

As a leveller, possibly, but it was the same for both sides

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phantom said:

It was picked up on the TV coverage how many players from both sides were struggling to keep on their feet

After it was mentioned it was noticeable how many seemed overly cautious

As a leveller, possibly, but it was the same for both sides

Yep, saw a few slips, maybe the pitch was over watered but the surface was sound and flat, not exactly Upton Park in the winters of 1970.

3 hours ago, transfer reader said:

Someone on the Saints forum said in their MTD that playing at a tight pitch like Ashton Gate would negatively impact them.

Until it was pointed out that the pitch at AG is wider than the one at St Mary's 

He must of read that from the gas manual of facts and figures

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Funny you mention the pitch.  Pre-game, both me and the chap I sit next to thought the grass looked longer than normal.  And I don’t think it played as slick as it usually does.  Saints passing early doors was stodgy, and they misplaced quite a few passes trying to put pace on the ball.

No idea whether a LM plan or not?

This is a really silly observation, but there was something odd about the way the players boots looked and I think that makes sense that either the grass was a bit longer, or they were sinking in a bit more.

As I say, very odd observation, not sure how I noticed this

• Admin
1 hour ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Yep, saw a few slips, maybe the pitch was over watered but the surface was sound and flat, not exactly Upton Park in the winters of 1970.

For anyone that has ever been on the pitch will know how odd it feels

To me it is completely different to anything I played on - mind you I was shit and only played park football and the only "real" ground I played on was Weston's Woodspring Park in a charity game - it is almost too perfect and flat, but I guess with the correct studs it would be OK

1 hour ago, MarcusX said:

This is a really silly observation, but there was something odd about the way the players boots looked and I think that makes sense that either the grass was a bit longer, or they were sinking in a bit more.

As I say, very odd observation, not sure how I noticed this

Was almost the first thing I noticed when I walked to my seat.