IGNORED

Eat your words

Bcfc3660

6 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Walking across the pitch to your seat sets a really bad example unless you are the Manager.

Reminds me (again) of the Swindon game where Joe was mascot and my mate texted me to say “get that effing wheelchair off the pitch”. 😮 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Funny you mention the pitch.  Pre-game, both me and the chap I sit next to thought the grass looked longer than normal.  And I don’t think it played as slick as it usually does.  Saints passing early doors was stodgy, and they misplaced quite a few passes trying to put pace on the ball.

No idea whether a LM plan or not?

Normally longer grass could be attributed to the Bears having an imminent game, but I don't see that they have any games coming up over the weekend.

Be interesting to see if its the same on saturday.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, phantom said:

It was picked up on the TV coverage how many players from both sides were struggling to keep on their feet

After it was mentioned it was noticeable how many seemed overly cautious

As a leveller, possibly, but it was the same for both sides

There seemed to alot of their players "slipping" over just outside our penalty area! 😂

10 minutes ago, transfer reader said:

Quite liked this.

City worked out and exploited Southampton's weak spots (sounds quite brainsy to me) but in Brains Vs Brain it was Brawn who wonScreenshot_20240214_160026_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.7056be26065590e20f92343b81480b8d.jpg

Apart from Ryan Manning being a bit of a c++t, he was their weak link last night, and if anything we were happy for the ball to go out to him.

Just now, Davefevs said:

Apart from Ryan Manning being a bit of a c++t, he was their weak link last night, and if anything we were happy for the ball to go out to him.

Yeah, they really don't like their Manning. Lots waiting for them to have Bree back for the LB position and saying they missed Downes

One was quite complimentary of our Manning.

6 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Pretty sure the AG pitch has traditionally been one of the biggest in the league.

LJ insisted it was narrowed during his time here - too much grass to measure?

These days the width in particular seems to vary according to how the current manager thinks it best suits his style of play, so no idea of LM's preference or where AG stands in comparison with other pitches now.

Am I right in saying that Port Vale have the biggest pitch?

5 hours ago, phantom said:

It was picked up on the TV coverage how many players from both sides were struggling to keep on their feet

After it was mentioned it was noticeable how many seemed overly cautious

As a leveller, possibly, but it was the same for both sides

Yes, I was just about to comment how both teams were slipping a lot. I haven't noticed this quite so much before in any weather. 

7 minutes ago, pillred said:

I expect it was a pretty good night for the bookies.

Undoubtedly!

I had a really strong feeling that the game would be 2-2 and was considering placing a score on the draw - then I remembered that I stopped betting in City many years ago!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, glastored said:

Am I right in saying that Port Vale have the biggest pitch?

Not sure about all 92, but according to a quick search Forest, with 105m x 71m, a total area of 7,455m, is the biggest pitch in the PL, and bigger than both Port Vale & City. 

Port Vale 104m x 70m, a total area of 7,280m.

Bristol City 105m x 69m, a total area of 7,245m, which are exactly the same dimensions given for Wembley.

Not sure if the City measurements are pre, during, or post LJ.

City's pitch is bigger than all PL clubs except Forest according to this recent article:

https://www.footballfancast.com/premier-league-stadims-pitch-sizes-ranked-biggest-smallest/#goodison-park-ndash-area-7-210m

Fulham, at 100m x 65m have the smallest pitch in the PL with a total area of 6,500m.

2 hours ago, transfer reader said:

Quite liked this.

City worked out and exploited Southampton's weak spots (sounds quite brainsy to me) but in Brains Vs Brain it was Brawn who wonScreenshot_20240214_160026_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.7056be26065590e20f92343b81480b8d.jpg

It must have been the brains that found out how not to get booked!

15 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Not sure about all 92, but according to a quick search Forest, with 105m x 71m, a total area of 7,455m, is the biggest pitch in the PL, and bigger than both Port Vale & City. 

Port Vale 104m x 70m, a total area of 7,280m.

Bristol City 105m x 69m, a total area of 7,245m, which are exactly the same dimensions given for Wembley.

Not sure if the City measurements are pre, during, or post LJ.

City's pitch is bigger than all PL clubs except Forest according to this recent article:

https://www.footballfancast.com/premier-league-stadims-pitch-sizes-ranked-biggest-smallest/#goodison-park-ndash-area-7-210m

Fulham, at 100m x 65m have the smallest pitch in the PL with a total area of 6,500m.

Belle Vue (Doncaster) always used to be the biggest.