IGNORED

Next 3 games

myol'man

QPR h

Sheffield Wednesday a

Cardiff h

Finally this could be our chance of putting a run together following back to back wins. If, and I know it's a big if but possible, we could win all 3, City could be in the top 6 before we play Ipswich away. Fingers crossed and enjoy the ride.

COYR

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Selred said:

Oh we are losing to QPR on Saturday. As we are Bristol City.

I said to Fevs on another thread after Boro that I fancied us to get 4 points from Soton, QPR and SW, and he wisely replied that the points will probably come from the games we least expect...

Hopefully my 4 points prediction underestimated our chances! 

12 minutes ago, myol'man said:

QPR h

Sheffield Wednesday a

Cardiff h

Finally this could be our chance of putting a run together following back to back wins. If, and I know it's a big if but possible, we could win all 3, City could be in the top 6 before we play Ipswich away. Fingers crossed and enjoy the ride.

I posted the same last night based entirely on what I saw from City - we were excellent. 

Perform again like last night and we could win all three upcoming fixtures - then we would really be in with a shout of the pray-offs.

Just now, RUSSEL85 said:

QPR and Sheff W I expect to sit back. Traditionally we have issues breaking these teams down and can get sucker punched. Hope we learn from previous and get at least 4 from 6.

Both did a good job on us earlier in the season too. We came away with 4 points from those games but our confidence was low and we didn't look great.

7 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Amazing turnaround from “don’t know where the next win is coming from, looking over our shoulder” to we can win the next 3 and be very close to the play offs! 

Of course, being really pessimistic and really optimistic in this league has time and time again proved to be crazy!

I won't comment on the recent negativity, but what you can see right now is a City team enjoying its football, and that makes us dangerous.

• Like 1

Weirdly, I'm not THAT shocked by our last couple of results. We know that we play better when we have less of the ball, against teams who want to "take the game to us".

That's very much been the trend since Manning has come in. Unfortunately, we've also been useless against bottom half* sides in that time. Under Manning, our record against teams in the bottom half is: P7 W0 D3 L4

I see the next 3 games as a much better assessment of whether we might actually be able to kick on.

*at the time we played them

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, myol'man said:

QPR h

Sheffield Wednesday a

Cardiff h

COYR

They’ll be completely different games. I should imagine we’ll have a lot more of the ball & try to do what’s been difficult for us to do in breaking teams down. We  will be getting a lot more respect of teams & have played better against teams that have attacked us. You only have to go back to Watford away , who made it an open game , then Birmingham away & Millwall at home for the reverse. Last night was fantastic but Saturday will be a a different challenge 

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

QPR were tricky against Norwich last night, may do us a favour in that they will come and bring the game to us

Norwich played Watford . QPR are away to Stoke tonight 

Edited by steviestevieneville
  • Facepalm 1

40 minutes ago, myol'man said:

QPR h

Sheffield Wednesday a

Cardiff h

COYR

QPR have played into decent form of late-

We will certainly need to be at it from the off.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

47 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Amazing turnaround from “don’t know where the next win is coming from, looking over our shoulder” to we can win the next 3 and be very close to the play offs! 

Of course, being really pessimistic and really optimistic in this league has time and time again proved to be crazy!

Experienced City fans have become able to hold both pessimistic and optimistic outlooks at one and the same time and to be proved correct!

• Like 2

1 game at a time, I think. Saturday is a really good opportunity to solidify our place in the top half (at least for now) and from there who knows.

Plenty of time left in the season for a decent push. Maybe we are a top 10 team after all..

4 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Said as much to my brother! :D 

I remember last season, my Dad went to West Brom on the Tuesday night and we won. I was going to Reading away next game, and I knew we would lose, and we did. The one consistency about City is inconsistency! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, mozo said:

I won't comment on the recent negativity, but what you can see right now is a City team enjoying its football, and that makes us dangerous.

With how we try and play - confidence is either our best friend or our worst enemy. Following last night’s performance the confidence should only improve our game

32 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Dangerous right now but not necessarily in 3 weeks time. We know how quickly it can all change 

Defo, we're a dangerous proposition right now, but football takes all sorts of strange twists...

21 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Bristol City 0-1 QPR is an absolute banker on Saturday

...and this would be classic...

56 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

They’ll be completely different games. I should imagine we’ll have a lot more of the ball & try to do what’s been difficult for us to do in breaking teams down. We  will be getting a lot more respect of teams & have played better against teams that have attacked us. You only have to go back to Watford away , who made it an open game , then Birmingham away & Millwall at home for the reverse. Last night was fantastic but Saturday will be a a different challenge 

The thing that gives me hope is that Sykes and Twine might be joining Mebude in the squad to give us extra tools to crack the nut!

27 minutes ago, mozo said:

The thing that gives me hope is that Sykes and Twine might be joining Mebude in the squad to give us extra tools to crack the nut!

🤞🏻. This isn’t aimed at you . Some of our fans though will think , just because we beat boro & soton we’ll automatically beat QPR & sheff we’d. Then go into meltdown if we don’t . 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1