IGNORED

South Stand

RedM

50 minutes ago, Back of the Dolman said:

Well I certainly think there is a difference in sitting at the centre of the lower Lansdown to sitting in the back corner of the south stand.

the perspective of the game is totally different.

And if there’s no difference then why don’t the club charge the same price for every seat ?

Yes I can see your point. But to get in the ground and then search for the best empty seat you can sit in. Seems a waste of energy and time and effort. But that's how I see it. Obviously others have a different pre game routine to myself.

1 minute ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Yes I can see your point. But to get in the ground and then search for the best empty seat you can sit in. Seems a waste of energy and time and effort. But that's how I see it. Obviously others have a different pre game routine to myself.

I’m with you, I’ve got my season ticket where I want it and that’s where I sit.

but there are undoubtedly others who are happy to move around looking for seats to use which aren’t the ones they’ve purchased and as I’ve said before the open concourses make this an easy thing to do.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Back of the Dolman said:

but there are undoubtedly others who are happy to move around looking for seats to use which aren’t the ones they’ve purchased and as I’ve said before the open concourses make this an easy thing to do.

Where do you sit mate?

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

I don't think moving seats is a big thing at all

I've never turned up to find someone sitting in my seat and why would anyone risk the hassle of sitting in someone's else's seat?

Seems a bit of a myth to me

I've seen it every time I've sat (legitimately) in the Lansdown. A bit of a giveaway are those that place themselves in the spare hospitality seats then don't go in at half time😄.

True there are no really bad views in the ground but a prime place side view is always going to be better than behind the goal and is priced at a premium. Similarly Dolman wings are cheaper than centre etc.

People do buy cheap tickets and sit in expensive seats. If the club are stupid enough not to close the loophole then people will do it.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, RedM said:

I've seen it every time I've sat (legitimately) in the Lansdown. A bit of a giveaway are those that place themselves in the spare hospitality seats then don't go in at half time😄.

True there are no really bad views in the ground but a prime place side view is always going to be better than behind the goal and is priced at a premium. Similarly Dolman wings are cheaper than centre etc.

People do buy cheap tickets and sit in expensive seats. If the club are stupid enough not to close the loophole then people will do it.

A couple issues that can be simply nullified:

Stewards actually check tickets when walking out the concourse and to their seats.

Stewards don’t just stand there at turnstiles while people get freely let in by their mates at the fire doors. This is ridiculous. I once saw someone let in at least half a dozen people (not all at once) and then quickly scramble away into the crowd within the concourse.

It’s not just customers who buy cheap tickets elsewhere, it’s those who keep getting let in for free. I see this in the Lansdown.

8 hours ago, Back of the Dolman said:

Also, you can walk from the Dolman end of the South Stand all the way around to the Atyeo end of the Lansdown Stand without going through the concourses 

Edited by RedLionLad

5 hours ago, Pickle Rick said:

A couple issues that can be simply nullified:

Stewards actually check tickets when walking out the concourse and to their seats.

Stewards don’t just stand there at turnstiles while people get freely let in by their mates at the fire doors. This is ridiculous. I once saw someone let in at least half a dozen people (not all at once) and then quickly scramble away into the crowd within the concourse.

It’s not just customers who buy cheap tickets elsewhere, it’s those who keep getting let in for free. I see this in the Lansdown.

That's got to be a security concern at the very least😳

• Flames 1

4 hours ago, RedM said:

That's got to be a security concern at the very least😳

It’s ridiculous. Although for the first time this weekend, stewards were placed on all the doors I could see. However it’s happened more or less every game to memory this season!

4 hours ago, Pickle Rick said:

It’s ridiculous. Although for the first time this weekend, stewards were placed on all the doors I could see. However it’s happened more or less every game to memory this season!

Of course you spoke to a steward and told them what’s going on 

On 17/02/2024 at 14:34, Offside said:

I haven’t read the whole of this thread so this has probably already been mentioned, but one of the problems is the cumbersome system for transferring a ticket. Every now and then my daughter can’t make games. In the past I’d give my daughter’s season card to my step-daughter to use, but now with it being a pain in the backside to transfer the ticket the seat is just left empty instead. 

Just get physical season cards and then this process is simple.

On 17/02/2024 at 14:34, Offside said:

I haven’t read the whole of this thread so this has probably already been mentioned, but one of the problems is the cumbersome system for transferring a ticket. Every now and then my daughter can’t make games. In the past I’d give my daughter’s season card to my step-daughter to use, but now with it being a pain in the backside to transfer the ticket the seat is just left empty instead. 

It’s really not that difficult once they are set up on your account and also means you don’t have to arrange to meet people to get and give cards back. 

• Thanks 1