IGNORED

Another nail in the FA Cup coffin....

!james

22 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

"Further details of the free-to-air broadcaster will be confirmed in due course."

That doesn't read like it'll be TNT showing them.

Mis read that bit! 🙈 Well let's hope BBC and ITV still get to show a few games then but I won't hold my breath!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

At the very least the final will be on free to air as it's a Cat A protected event.

What is TNT Sports though? Is it a foreign operator like DAZN or one of those?

Was BT Sport until recently

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

At the very least the final will be on free to air as it's a Cat A protected event.

What is TNT Sports though? Is it a foreign operator like DAZN or one of those?

TNT Sports is part of Discovery+ which is in turn owned by Warner Bros.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This isn’t the first time a non-terrestrial provider has had the rights mind, Sky used to and aired a fair few of our games against the likes of Bradford Park Avenue (and I want to say Harrogate?) during that period.  

FA cup will die for me the moment they ditch replays.  I think that’s probably the only thing making it “special” that remains. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

This isn’t the first time a non-terrestrial provider has had the rights mind, Sky used to and aired a fair few of our games against the likes of Bradford Park Avenue (and I want to say Harrogate?) during that period.  

FA cup will die for me the moment they ditch replays.  I think that’s probably the only thing making it “special” that remains. 

Games were also previously on ESPN and BT sports a well before the current contract with bbc and itv sharing.

44 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

TNT already have the rights to all England away cricket.

And where exactly can I watch the test matches during the current tour in India if I only have Freeview? Even really hard to find highlights on You Tube that you can actually access. The ECB sold their soul for TV money and it’s killing the game. The FA have taken the same approach with this. Very sad!

• Like 1

Will need to see the details really. If they’re just taken ITV’s allocation, don’t think it’s that much harm done as their coverage is ******* crap imo. If it’s BBC however, this is terrible news. 

However is Yet another ‘house always wins’ when it comes to handing money over. on a day where British Gas record 10x increase in profit since the same period 2 years ago. 

Quality of life in this country atm, regardless of your interest, passion or hobbies is in the absolute pits. 

2 hours ago, Winterstoke toad said:

Absolutely grim

People have said for a while the fa cup had lost a little magic and now after that announcement it’s completely gone , will be about as popular as the league cup in a couple years .

The first of many nails I remember was when Bud sponsored the cup and the moved the final to a 5pm kick off so the Americans could watch it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dr Balls said:

And where exactly can I watch the test matches during the current tour in India if I only have Freeview? Even really hard to find highlights on You Tube that you can actually access. The ECB sold their soul for TV money and it’s killing the game. The FA have taken the same approach with this. Very sad!

Get yourself a stick for about £60 a year and watch what you like. 

• Like 1

The FA Cup used to be the second most prestigious trophy to win second only to the league title but in the last couple of decades or so it’s lost much of its importance.

The only enthusiasm I have for it is if City draw a top PL club at AG. This season we drew West Ham and Forest but neither are what I consider to be a top PL club.

12 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Remember when everyone thought BT sport getting football as well as sky sports would drive down the pricing due to competition?!

Did anyone ever think that? It's what the people selling the rights told us....

• Facepalm 1