IGNORED

Queens Park Rangers at home match thread

1 minute ago, cityexile said:

Well, that’s a shocker. Game too far in this run?

They set up exactly as everyone expected, and we had no idea what to do about it at all as if it was a complete shock. Awful awful awful.

Perfect summation of what was a dire performance. We showed no threat whatsoever upfront and so many players well below average. 

Poor performance by a top 6 side !

Will we ever be a force in this league ?

Good players become poor when coming to Ashton Gate

Sorry, but  Manning  and coaches must take a great deal of the blame today for putting out such a lacklustre team and failing to change game.  No quality, no ideas, but worse no fight.

• Like 3

Can't say I'm surprised.

In the week, I warned that the Boro and Southampton games actually suited us more than the QPR game, and that this would be a truer test of our potential to push towards the top 6. Today we failed that test.

Manning's record against bottom half teams is becoming abysmal: P8 W0 D3 L5

It's all very well getting "great" results again strong teams, but if it's a waste if you're then picking up 1 point out of 6 against sides like QPR.

• Like 3

Been on holiday so missed the Boro and Southampton games. Come home to this shite.

God sometimes I despise this football club. Think only Max and Conway come away from this with any credit. Poor poor poor poor poor.

And what makes it worse is that I absolutely knew this was going to happen. Said to my boss yesterday to not let the previous 2 games influence his weekend bet and city have proved me right again.

Edited by Nathandao
  • Like 2
20 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

If he’s got some of Bolt’s “stature” and Paul Daniels’s ability to pull fit birds, then he’s not going to struggle in life

As he's signed for us he's more likely to have Daniels' "stature" and Bolt's ability to pull a rabbits out of the hat!

• Haha 1

Don't know that I should be surprised as that's QPRs 4th consecutive win at the Gate but this performance was a shocker. All talk of us getting in the play offs was always ridiculous but results like this show why. We struggle against any team that doesn't play open attractive football and our home form is not bloody good enough. Our house is made of straw not bricks. 

• Like 2
Just now, The turtle said:

Robins tv is sooo negative they both might actually get fired. Like they've got more and more negative.

Unheard of....

And the most unlikely form of entertainment so far

"Should be 3 or 4 down"

Did i really hear that on robins tv????

I prefer it to "We're very unlucky" when we're really not. What are they supposed to say when we're being tactically outplayed by a team who are in the relegation zone? 
For the first time since he took over I'll say it confidently, Manning has been totally out of his depth in this match, he hasn't identified the problem, he's just tried to force the tactics he likes work against a team set up perfectly to nullify us.

We've spent the whole of the match since we switched to 3 at the back forcing it out wide, trying to play 1-2 passes to create a run down the wing only for QPR to put 3 men on us and pin us out wide with 4-5 players covering the middle of the pitch which in turn forces us to play the ball backwards and try to recycle across the pitch and do the same thing on the other side. If we try to come inside where QPR have 3 men before a single one of ours we lose possession and they counter.

Cifuentes must be laughing at Manning, he's made a team that beat Southampton comfortably look like a relegation-bound team despite his own team being in the bottom three. If Manning cannot find the solution to a team sitting deep on us then this won't be the last time we see a performance like this and what bothers me is how many of out fans can't see it and instead get frustrated and look for a player to blame... "Mebude is shit", "Cornick just runs and offers nothing", "Mehmeti is crap" etc. The reason these attacking players look so shit is that they have to do the stuff that the midfield should be doing, connecting the defence to the attack, only they ARE the attack so we bypass the midfield using the width because the midfielders are spread out so wide that we can't come inside. 
It was the same issues under Pearson, only the difference was he would identify the issue and try to change up the way we played to create chances, instead Manning just sticks to his plan even if it means driving head on towards a brick wall and wondering why we crashed. The issue is we're one dimensional, which is why we're mid-table, we rely on teams to play to our strengths and when they do we punish them, but when they set out to frustrate us and stop us playing to Mannings tactics he has no second plan, no way to adapt to what the opposition are doing and then our players become frustrated, the fans become frustrated and then the fans go quiet and turn on the players.

I think we have a squad capable of walking all over QPR, the issue is that we don't have a manager capable of creating a gameplan that can change and adapt on the fly and today highlighted that perfectly. We just went around in circles trying to do the same thing over and over and it never worked and therein is the issue, not we need a new striker, not we need a new goalkeeper, what we need is a manager who can read the game and coach us to adapt on the fly when plan A is failing. All we did today was change shape and keep playing to plan A, there was no plan B and QPR took 3 points because of that very problem.

• Like 7
  • Flames 1
3 minutes ago, Nugget said:

Tony Thorpe’s commentary spot on, dreadful! Kept passing back to the cb’s, try the left, nope, go back, try the right, nope, go back… etc 

He was fine until he said that we were beaten by Man Utd after we had beaten Leeds!

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, cellist said:

No question about our ability to turn up against big sides. Manning has something about him as a coach. But there should he some questions asked about the attitude in the squad, and the ability of Manning to fire them up and affect change mid game.

Anyone would be forgiven for thinking he was a league 1 / League 2 coach with absolutely no real experience of success behind him …..

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Dogshit.

Succint and true. 

They weren't fit to wear that shirt today. I didn't expect that turgid rubbish today. There are some playing for a contract but it didn't show. 

A completely gutless performance after the last few games. Bunch of losers only getting themselves up for the big games. 

Roll on summer.