IGNORED

Queens Park Rangers at home match thread

10 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

A proper bench, save for goalkeeper.  This is as good as we can expect at the level we are at.  
COYR.

First match for 5th generation City supporter on his 6th birthday.  73 years since his grandfather first saw City play.   Something like a century and a quarter and more since his great great grandfather saw his first game.  Covering three centuries and we have been, and will be, CTWD.  He has travelled from West Sussex to Ashton Gate.

If you see an excited little boy in City shorts and shirt that will be him.

Hope, and expect, he will see City win

My father saw City in around 1910/12. Lived in The Rhondda but had an uncle living on Coronation Road and so his Dad would bring him over to Howells on the paddle steamers. If City were at home, all the males went to watch; the females stayed where they should be, in the kitchen!

Only joking about the last comment, I think it's brilliant that so many females come to watch us.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, Rob k said:

Not sure about that as I’d have taken 6/9 points from Boro, Southampton and QPR - todays points are extras 

6 from 6 against 'Boro and Saints was the bonus.  Maximising points from games against the likes of QPR and Wednesday  is where we've blown it too often in the past and make the difference between mid-table and genuinely challenging for a top 6 spot.

• Like 2

I can't help but think that this afternoon is going to be a slog. We can safely say that we play far better when teams come at us and want to attack. We have an ability to win the ball and exploit the gaps. QPR will be a team who will be desperate not to lose so will have everyone behind the ball. We should win this but it isn't going to be a thriller.

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

How about with stop artificially trying to frame groups of results, and just say every game is an opportunity for three points, and the more we win the better of chances of finishing in the play offs?

How about you stop being condescending as per usual. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with the posts you quoted, and what does “artificially frame group of results” even mean? One of the worst posts I’ve read on here for a while. 

Edited by Wanderingred

Afternoon all!  I'm making no comment on the result today, as we all know what can happen when we are playing teams that are struggling.  So, will be keeping my fingers crossed that they perform the way they have performed in the last two games. Anyway, Come On You Red's.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Harvey86 said:

O’Leary, Vyner and Dickie aside, you could make a justified argument replacing any other player in that lineup, and I mean that in a good way. Proper squad depth❤️

Evidence of exceptionally good recruitment over the last couple of years without spending a fortune also imo.

• Like 2
37 minutes ago, Rob k said:

Obviously each game is an opportunity for 3 points but realistically that’s not going to happen so you do end up framing games, if I’d have asked most city Fans would you have taken 6 out of 9 from these 3 then most would have bitten your hand off.

Of course we would but that doesn’t suddenly mean the points today are “extra” or the Southampton points become meaningless if we don’t win today. I just don’t get that narrative.

If we lose today and end up in the play offs by a point, the Southampton result still mattered.