IGNORED

Queens Park Rangers at home match thread

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

We are screwed and it's my fault as I've put City to win on my accy.

I apologise unreservedly for my confidence and will lock myself in a darkened room after the game. 🤪

I had Southampton on Tuesday, only one that let me down and would have won £140.

Couldn't get a good cash out before then either because 2 of the games only went how I wanted after we went 2 up.

Still, City winning more than made up for it.

A proper bench, save for goalkeeper.  This is as good as we can expect at the level we are at.  
COYR.

First match for 5th generation City supporter on his 6th birthday.  73 years since his grandfather first saw City play.   Something like a century and a quarter and more since his great great grandfather saw his first game.  Covering three centuries and we have been, and will be, CTWD.  He has travelled from West Sussex to Ashton Gate.

If you see an excited little boy in City shorts and shirt that will be him.

Hope, and expect, he will see City win

• Like 6
  • Robin 9
33 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

How about with stop artificially trying to frame groups of results, and just say every game is an opportunity for three points, and the more we win the better of chances of finishing in the play offs?

Obviously each game is an opportunity for 3 points but realistically that’s not going to happen so you do end up framing games, if I’d have asked most city Fans would you have taken 6 out of 9 from these 3 then most would have bitten your hand off.

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

We are screwed and it's my fault as I've put City to win on my accy.

I apologise unreservedly for my confidence and will lock myself in a darkened room after the game. 🤪

I think a darkened room is insufficient. 

If we fail to win you should be forced to watch repeat after repeat of the game until you have well and truly learned your lesson. 

1 minute ago, Ivorguy said:

A proper bench, save for goalkeeper.  This is as good as we can expect at the level we are at.  
COYR.

First match for 5th generation City supporter on his 6th birthday.  73 years since his grandfather first saw City play.   Something like a century and a quarter and more since his great great grandfather saw his first game.  Covering three centuries and we have been, and will be, CTWD.  He has travelled from West Sussex to Ashton Gate.

If you see an excited little boy in City shorts and shirt that will be him.

Hope, and expect, he will see City win

Fair play. So does this family (I presume it's yours) cover our whole history? The great great grandfather would have been around in 1894 I assume?

8 minutes ago, transfer reader said:

I had Southampton on Tuesday, only one that let me down and would have won £140.

Couldn't get a good cash out before then either because 2 of the games only went how I wanted after we went 2 up.

Still, City winning more than made up for it.

Me too, I had Southampton to win, 7 wins and one loss...cost me £490 from a £5 bet...I wasn't unhappy tho 😊

• Like 1
1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

Fair play. So does this family (I presume it's yours) cover our whole history? The great great grandfather would have been around in 1894 I assume?

Definitely, and I think, but no evidence, he saw game before that before we we were officially set up in 1894, probably Bedminster..  What I do know he was at our Cup Final.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 2
1 minute ago, Harvey86 said:

O’Leary, Vyner and Dickie aside, you could make a justified argument replacing any other player in that lineup, and I mean that in a good way. Proper squad depth❤️

Atkinson, Pring, Benarous & Naismith the only ones missing 

imagine having to pick a team from that lot 

3 minutes ago, INCRED said:

Strongest bench we have had this season

Yep. If I was splitting the tiniest of hairs, a wee bit lopsided to midfield and attack and not so strong in the dedicated CB area, but strongest for ages. Even in defence there are options.

• Like 2