IGNORED

Queens Park Rangers at home match thread

I'm reading this in a sense of disbelief. You will win, my guess would be 3-0.

Suggestions that we will sit back and defend are well off the mark. We simply aren't capable of doing that, nor can we defend set pieces.

The one hope we've got, outside of the unlikely event of another "worldy" from Chair, is to isolate Sinclair Armstrong against Rob Dickie. Armstrong is powerful and fast, but don't expect him to do anything with the ball once he has got free.

I would say enjoy the match, but you will.

• Like 1
  • Robin 2
  • Facepalm 1

I really hope we play like we did against Southampton and total batter QPR but been watching city to long so know this is just the sort of the game against a poor team at the bottom of the table that we will forget how to play football and lose :laugh: fingers are definitely crossed we don't and get a good win 

12 minutes ago, SimonD said:

I'm reading this in a sense of disbelief. You will win, my guess would be 3-0.

Suggestions that we will sit back and defend are well off the mark. We simply aren't capable of doing that, nor can we defend set pieces.

The one hope we've got, outside of the unlikely event of another "worldy" from Chair, is to isolate Sinclair Armstrong against Rob Dickie. Armstrong is powerful and fast, but don't expect him to do anything with the ball once he has got free.

I would say enjoy the match, but you will.

We speak from experience. 

Totally expecting the worst today.

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, Porto Red said:

Almost word for word what I was about to write, it certainly is.

IIRC After the Swansea game, didn't someone post that photo with Coldplay's "Fix You" as backing music?

18 minutes ago, petehinton said:

It’s either going to actually be a continuation of the last two games and we could run riot, or we will revert to inconsistent type and draw 0-0/narrowly lose. 

I hope it is the former as for the first time in a while I intend to prise my wallet open and watch on Robins TV

31 minutes ago, BigTone said:

I hope it is the former as for the first time in a while I intend to prise my wallet open and watch on Robins TV

You’ll get to hear Tony Thorpe bang on about how he’d have taken chances city missed, and how he thinks he could still play at this level.  That’s his usual MO! 😝😝😝

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

You’ll get to hear Tony Thorpe bang on about how he’d have taken chances city missed, and how he thinks he could still play at this level.  That’s his usual MO! 😝😝😝

Careful Dave, you are putting me off !!!

39 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

We are screwed and it's my fault as I've put City to win on my accy.

I apologise unreservedly for my confidence and will lock myself in a darkened room after the game. 🤪

I avoid backing us on my Acca like the plague but I’ve gone against my better judgement and backed us to win today - apologies in advance as I’m usually let down by City by 4.45pm 

• Sad 1
59 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Huge game today. Southampton result means nothing without 3 points against QPR.

25 minutes ago, Rob k said:

Not sure about that as I’d have taken 6/9 points from Boro, Southampton and QPR - todays points are extras 

How about with stop artificially trying to frame groups of results, and just say every game is an opportunity for three points, and the more we win the better of chances of finishing in the play offs?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Hmmm 1
9 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

The reason we're mid table is we don't win games like this that we should, we have to break the mould to move into the top half and onwards, no excuses today with the players we have available 

While i think we should have enough for the win. I don't really think 'no excuses' ever really holds water, when you're playing 11 other players who have other ideas, and you factor fortune/misfortune too.

QPR are fighting for their lives so it's going to be a tough 90 mins.

• Like 1