IGNORED

A rest or training this week

Mike Stone

Twenty games in 81 days has certainly taken its toll and that was the biggest factor in yesterdays poor performance in my opinion.

I hear Liam talk about spending more time with the players on grass during midweek to get his ideas over, this week however i would scrap that idea.

This week i would give them all extra time off to recharge the batteries so they are all fresh and ready for the challenge at Hillsborough on Saturday.

Im sure a week of getting your ideas over can wait.

Just now, Mike Stone said:

Twenty games in 81 days has certainly taken its toll and that was the biggest factor in yesterdays poor performance in my opinion.

I hear Liam talk about spending more time with the players on grass during midweek to get his ideas over, this week however i would scrap that idea.

This week i would give them all extra time off to recharge the batteries so they are all fresh and ready for the challenge at Hillsborough on Saturday.

After the shit produced yesterday I hope they are in first thing this morning.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

Give them Monday off back in Tuesday.

What I don't get is why Manning thinks there is not enough time on the training ground? It's no different to what other managers have. How does he think they do it?

Or is this a sign of his lack of experience?

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Mike Stone said:

Why would they have time off ? Manning keeps complaining about not having enough time to work wuth them on the grass. Now he's got a full week plus an International break coming soon to get his ideas across.

One of the reasons for NP being sacked was cited as he gave the players time off during an International break, which preceded a heavy work load in Oct/ Nov.

Can't have it both ways.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, CS Red said:

What I don't get is why Manning thinks there is not enough time on the training ground? It's no different to what other managers have. How does he think they do it?

Difference is most of the managers were there for pre season and not changing the style of play. 

Obviously he isn’t stupid and understand the demands of the league. He alludes to this in pressers a lot. 

Slight difference between us working on something that’s still relatively new and a club who are established in their style and patterns 

3 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

Difference is most of the managers were there for pre season and not changing the style of play. 

Obviously he isn’t stupid and understand the demands of the league. He alludes to this in pressers a lot. 

Slight difference between us working on something that’s still relatively new and a club who are established in their style and patterns 

Majority, yes but 10 of 23 were not in the job pre season.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Mike Stone said:

Frustrating as it was mate a lot of them are knackered. 

Get them in the class room then. Get them on the pitch and walk through things. Get them in and watch the whole 90 miniutes as punishment. 

Awwww poor over paid players are tired, cry me a ******* river. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jose said:

Get them in the class room then. Get them on the pitch and walk through things. Get them in and watch the whole 90 miniutes as punishment. 

Awwww poor over paid players are tired, cry me a ******* river. 

What a revolutionary idea, I can’t imagine the players sit and watch through previous games and discuss what went wrong and what needs to improve. 

45 minutes ago, Mike Stone said:

I cannot stand that on the grass term, it’s such a lower league thing to say. When do you hear Pep or Klopp say it. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

What a revolutionary idea, I can’t imagine the players sit and watch through previous games and discuss what went wrong and what needs to improve. 

What needs to improve? They only have a week……..😂

20 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

Tony Mowbray seems to be doing ok at Birmingham without a pre season. 

3 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

I cannot stand that on the grass term, it’s such a lower league thing to say. When do you hear Pep or Klopp say it. 

Glad I'm not the only one who can't stand that phrase. Sort of thing you would say to a under 10s team.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Mike Stone said:

Give them a week off? Pearson got slated by the powers to be for that and after that dross yesterday and manning moaning he hasn't had enough time training I don't think that will happen.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Street red said:

Give them a week off? Pearson got slated by the powers to be for that and after that dross yesterday and manning moaning he hasn't had enough time training I don't think that will happen.

If Manning does it then it will be a coaching master stroke. 

26 minutes ago, Street red said:

I haven't got time to go through the stats but i was wondering if big Nige would have had an 11 week spell where they were plaing every 4 days?

2 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Judging by our performances at Middlesbrough and then Southampton, I would suggest more walking football. 

Teamwork, angles, passing, positioning, all without exerting themselves greatly.

Seems they took walking football literally yesterday 😆

1 hour ago, Bs4Red said:

Slight difference between us working on something that’s still relatively new and a club who are established in their style and patterns.

In which case don't try to significantly change the style until you have the time to do it.

• Flames 1

5 minutes ago, chinapig said:

In which case don't try to significantly change the style until you have the time to do it.

I mean we do have time, it’s the board who have made it seem like we don’t. 
Never would we have been promoted or play offs under NP. 
Looking likely it won’t happen this season under LM. 
So he will have half a season and a pre season to get it right for next year 

1 hour ago, CS Red said:

He’s talked about this a lot hasn’t he? We’ve had a couple of cup replays but other than that the schedule is just what it always is in the Championship. It is a lot of football but it’s the same for everyone and the same as it’s been for as long as I can recall   Moaning about it is counterproductive and just seems very strange to me. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Does my head in as well. ‘In the building’ is another one that winds me up. All modern bollocks, just wish people would talk like normal humans. 

8 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

I mean we do have time, it’s the board who have made it seem like we don’t. 
Never would we have been promoted or play offs under NP. 
Looking likely it won’t happen this season under LM. 
So he will have half a season and a pre season to get it right for next year 

Fair enough and I've said before that Liam is not responsible for the nonsense spouted by JL and BT but my point was that if he thinks he doesn't have enough time to coach he shouldn't try to change the playing style until he does.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Jacki said:

He’s talked about this a lot hasn’t he? We’ve had a couple of cup replays but other than that the schedule is just what it always is in the Championship. It is a lot of football but it’s the same for everyone and the same as it’s been for as long as I can recall   Moaning about it is counterproductive and just seems very strange to me. 

This

4 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Fair enough and I've said before that Liam is not responsible for the nonsense spouted by JL and BT but my point was that if he thinks he doesn't have enough time to coach he shouldn't try to change the playing style until he does.

And this.

He’s not dealing with an unusual schedule - it is literally the job. He first brought up the schedule pre the first West Ham game (so without any replays). He keeps doing so. People may say it’s a reason but it’s coming off as an excuse (particularly when he says “I’m not making excuses but”)

It’s no coincidence our better performances have come when we’ve played a style we are used to. If anything that reinforces the stupidity of trying to reinvent the wheel mid season - then moaning you don’t have enough time to do so!

Once more, busy schedule -

IMG_2639.jpeg

• Like 6