IGNORED

All the best sam bell

Simon bristol

1 hour ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Yes, a shame for Sam as it looked like he was just regaining some good form.

I would go as far to say it would have been a different outcome on Saturday if he had not got the injury. He had their right sider on toast for pace. After that QPR had nothing to deal with.

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

8 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I would go as far to say it would have been a different outcome on Saturday if he had not got the injury. He had their right sider on toast for pace. After that QPR had nothing to deal with.

Can’t guarantee it would have been a different outcome but as I’ve said in a different thread once Bell went off their right back Dunne had a much easier afternoon.

Real shame but at least it comes at a time when frankly our season is over.

Gives him plenty of time to get himself sorted for pre season though, can’t recall him missing any other significant spell with an injury.

With hindsight, we (and he) were very lucky he got that all important first goal against Southampton, as it would have been awful if his last appearance and involvement this season were to have been his unfortunate penalty against Forest.

Yes, I know he started against Middlesbrough.

6 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

If you look at this, we are about average in terms of injuries.

https://www.sportsgambler.com/injuries/football/england-championship/

Ive not fact checked it, but the bookies are usually correct

Are injuries getting more common place across football?

It feels like every season we're affected largely by injuries, but the stats suggest no more on average than others - but was it always like this?

Remember that 14/15 title winning season we had barely any injuries and a fairly small squad

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

No good putting facts like that on here, that will not help those who want to endlessly attack the club

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

It feels like every season we're affected largely by injuries, but the stats suggest no more on average than others - but was it always like this?

Remember that 14/15 title winning season we had barely any injuries and a fairly small squad

I've got nothing to base this off.

But seems to be ever since the covid interrupted seasons that this trend in football has occurred. 

I'm not saying covid is the cause. I'm suggesting that the stop start nature was a contributing factor? 

And then we had the winter world cup too. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

It doesn't feel like it tbh. We have a lot of medium to long term de rigeur and then short term ones bump it up saw in October 2023 especially.

McCrorie and Twine just 2 examples of medium term to long term injuries not long after joining.

Atkinson hasn't kicked a ball in a year for first team, Benarous hasn't kicked a ball in 2 years.

Baker had to retire, Kalas and Williams major issues.

Etc.

You can add Pring to that too unless that is reported now?

That is a snapshot in time tbh.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

6 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

When a hamstring goes in the first half and especially after 25 mins I always question it. It shouldn't happen. 

ly gutted for Bell. As his Dad was one of my favourite players I am very fond of Sammy. 

He may have been masking a niggle which has gone bang. He’s had a rollercoaster few weeks and didn’t want to give up his place

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

I had this conversation a few years ago with a friend of mine based in the US who has a PhD in Exercise Science.

He couldn’t get over the lack of strengthening our football players do not do in order to protect their hamstrings. He understands how important pace is in the game, but feels our footballers would benefit a lot more by bullet proofing their hamstrings with further strength and conditioning. They’re not Olympic sprinters after all.

I also shown him some of City’s strength and conditioning workouts that had been posted on YouTube from pre seasons. Again, he was surprised on the execution of exercises and couldn’t believe how poorly they were being setup and performed by our players. Which I imagine happens across a lot of professional football clubs.

15 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Looks to me that we're right near the top with 4 long term injuries (Atkinson & Bell expected return dates need updating)

• Like 1