IGNORED

Season Ticket pricing 24/25

Redshorts

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yep, they wanted us to outperform our budget too.

Yes, we know they talked crap about the specifics of top 6 / promotion, but that is the expectation for any manager / head-coach here.  There can of course be mitigating factors that blur those lines a bit.

And instead of doing that we are now at the point where we have people saying that Manning needs his own players to suit his style which =spending more money. 

3 hours ago, Riaz said:

I get the match day experience. Cant argue with that.

Even in section 82 - i'm finding the songs and the atmosphere is getting really shit.

But in terms of football, you always seem to slag it off and its never as bad as you say.

I disagree, although I will say the football is average at best. Where we sit in the league is a reflection of the football we play and our performances as a whole 

My issues and frustrations are with how the club is ran - and how soft we are. The fact we have people in positions that they are not qualified to be in and are well out of their depth - Lansdown Jr and Tinnion are prime examples 

The opportunities we have wasted in recent years to grasp the opportunity that could take us towards becoming a top 6 team - it’s staggering 

I personally felt it was time for Pearson to move on, but we were in a prime position to attract someone who could really take us forward - and instead we appoint a failed MK Dons coach and someone who has not done anything at this level and has very little experience of the Championship. Why? Because it comes back to the plebs I mentioned earlier who are out of their depth and are to arrogant to want anyone in who may actually highlight what a piss poor job they do 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

No coach with options would be prepared to take instructions from Tinnion.

Ideally our next coach would be Graham Potter - we'd officially be a Tinn-Pott outfit

(edit: sorry) 

Edited by CyderInACan
  • Haha 4

18 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Have you seen what Arsenal are doing? Obviously helps that they have more fans than seats, but that seems draconian to me. 

20240221_191252.jpg

I think City should utilise this for the kids seats in the south stand, with a few tweaks. It has been alleged that people buy a kids seat (presumably using the details of a child under the 12 they know), to avoid having someone sat next to them. 
If the club doubled the price of all kids season tickets in the south stand, with a reduction down to the kids price of £50 for all those who have used it for more than half the games, then this might solve at least part of the problem. 
As for the adults who buy seats and don’t turn up, well I can’t really see you can do much with that. If they don’t choose to turn up, then that’s up to them. If they do turn up and go into a different, more expensive seat, then the club needs to police it better. Stewards checking at the entry point to each block might alleviate some of it, and random ticket checks, when people are in the seats, might also help. BTW The club doesn't necessarily need to do random checks, but the threat might help. 
It would be nice to actually see the stadium full, when the club says irs “sold out”. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

I personally felt it was time for Pearson to move on, but we were in a prime position to attract someone who could really take us forward - and instead we appoint a failed MK Dons coach and someone who has not done anything at this level and has very little experience of the Championship. 

I think that’s the bit they got right 😂

I want someone on the way up. Who do you want? Some proven failure, who comes here because he ain’t good enough for the prem? Who do you think we should have gone for??

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Riaz said:

I think that’s the bit they got right 😂

I want someone on the way up. Who do you want? Some proven failure, who comes here because he ain’t good enough for the prem? Who do you think we should have gone for??

Why would I want a proven failure? 

I’ll call it now - Manning will not take us forward. He is the next Lee Johnson 

Really hope I’m wrong though 

Edited by Andy082005

1 hour ago, Andy082005 said:

Why would I want a proven failure? 

I’ll call it now - Manning will not take us forward. He is the next Lee Johnson 

Really hope I’m wrong though 

Right, so who would you have wanted?

1 hour ago, Riaz said:

Right, so who would you have wanted?

It’s completely irrelevant who I would have wanted - but we should have been aiming for someone with more experience than we got. The reality is, anyone worth half their salt at this level wouldn’t entertain the thought of coming here because the way the club is ran is amateurish 

1 minute ago, Andy082005 said:

It’s completely irrelevant who I would have wanted - but we should have been aiming for someone with more experience than we got. The reality is, anyone worth half their salt at this level wouldn’t entertain the thought of coming here because the way the club is ran is amateurish 

Right, I’d argue someone with “more experience” would most likely be someone who had failed somewhere else. 
And if they haven’t failed elsewhere, why would they come here? 

I like the manning and Johnson appointments. Because it’s giving someone on the way up a chance. Much more suited to a club like ours.

17 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Right, I’d argue someone with “more experience” would most likely be someone who had failed somewhere else. 

I like the manning and Johnson appointments. Because it’s giving someone on the way up a chance. Much more suited to a club like ours.

Well I dunno it is and it isn't 

Putting aside the individual merits and demerits, GJ, Cotts and NP to varying degrees were both experienced and I assume not patsys as such, thanks in no small part due to this.

Plus were rather successful in their own ways for us.

Lee Johnson had a record budget to play with and could should have easily been sacked in early 2017. Ultimately some good and bad things but some fundamental flaws.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Putting aside the individual merits and demerits, GJ, Cotts and NP to varying degrees were both experienced and I assume not patsys as such, thanks in no small part due to this.

When Manning was appointed I joked that if it goes wrong we'll flip again & appoint a gnarly seasoned old manager (which as you say is usually more successful!).

I think what is clear post Cotts & NP is that the Lansdowns don't want to work with a bombastic type, so to an extent NP (who has a history of falling out with people) was doomed from the beginning.

6 minutes ago, TDarwall said:

When Manning was appointed I joked that if it goes wrong we'll flip again & appoint a gnarly seasoned old manager (which as you say is usually more successful!).

I think what is clear post Cotts & NP is that the Lansdowns don't want to work with a bombastic type, so to an extent NP (who has a history of falling out with people) was doomed from the beginning.

It doesn't always work of course, Pulis was a horrible era, O'Driscoll was somewhat experience and did a lot of dirty work but on pitch results were a disaster, Wilson ultimately failed but...I dunno I do think on balance we do better with a more experienced manager.

It's a shame if so, you need that creative tension. I don't think also Manning is the kind of character, personality who can whip up a siege mentality, circle the wagons, yes criticise bizarre officiating. NP was and as I said elsewhere football and the wider industry doesn't do us many favours.

I'm off on a tangent here but Birmingham and WBA..we give then 3k or even 3.4k, but 3k and they give us 2k. We need to smarten and harden up as a club, NP more than Manning would be a better advocate I believe.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

18 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Lee Johnson had a record budget to play with and could should have easily been sacked in early 2017. Ultimately some good and bad things but some fundamental flaws.

GJ was on his way up. 
Cotts was a lower league manager, who we had to get rid of when we got up, because he was taking us down. He wasn’t proven, for where we wanted to go. 
Nigel Pearson, yes, an exception to the rule. A proven manager, who actually was interested in managing us. Even more annoying that we sacked him. 

16 minutes ago, Riaz said:

GJ was on his way up. 
Cotts was a lower league manager, who we had to get rid of when we got up, because he was taking us down. He wasn’t proven, for where we wanted to go. 
Nigel Pearson, yes, an exception to the rule. A proven manager, who actually was interested in managing us. Even more annoying that we sacked him. 

Cotts left us in a great position in some ways, with some difficulties in others.

I trust you missed his okay stint at Burnley, keeping Nottingham Forest up when they had their difficulties. Portsmouth is a bit harder to gauge, on one hand they went down without him but otoh they had Parachure Payments but still were in financial meltdown.

Lee Johnson was??

GJ was on the way up on one level but a solid base of work with Latvia and Yeovil. Helped out at Cambridge in the John Beck days too, think he was 50+ when he joined us or late 40s.

NP, sacking him very foolish and unjust IMO. Thst aside I'd you look at a lot of clubs who bit the FFP buffers many struggled badly or went down, under NP we did not. We weren't even clsoe really.

7 hours ago, Riaz said:

Manning failed somewhere else . He failed at Mk Dons (if we go by your logic)

Edited by Andy082005

8 hours ago, Riaz said:

But Manning has failed elsewhere.

1 hour ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Nearly every manager has failed somewhere and usually multiple times, but unless you look at the context of the "failure" it's irrelevant.  

I agree. And this is a part of what gives me the heebies (and the jeebies) whenever there is the argument that Liam needs a pre season and/or this season is a free hit.

The context of Liams failure at MK Dons was that he had (per their fans) a top six budget and ability to shape his own side, having taken over Martins side in August the prior year. Yes, he lost Twine and Darling in the summer, but he had time and a budget - and crucially time on the grass - to shape his side the way he wanted. And it failed. There was no bad feeling at Dons, but it was noted that he just couldn’t turn things around when they weren’t going well (this is kind of the adaptability piece again).

It narks me every time people talk about “he needs a pre season” as if it’s a magic bullet. Because if you look at the context of his failure that’s exactly the circumstances when he did fail. And with relatively more resources considering the level then he’ll get here.

Again, this doesn’t say he won’t get it right here, but blind optimism in the face of a track record to the contrary is not a place any of us want to be!

9 hours ago, Riaz said:

I think it's long been established that these type of appointments, DM, LJ, DH and now Manning are not well suited to our club. 

They suit BT and JL who like to have a head coach who is wet behind the ears and whom doesn't challange them. 

However it doesn't suit what we need in order to meet our objectives. 

• Thanks 1

Controversial opinion but both GJ and LJ left us in a very bad long term state upon leaving, too many average players signed on long term contracts that we couldn't get rid of for 2-3 years after they left.
GJ has a record of this at Yeovil too, and now Torquay. 

Overrated Manager's here.

55 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I think it's long been established that these type of appointments, DM, LJ, DH and now Manning are not well suited to our club. 

They suit BT and JL who like to have a head coach who is wet behind the ears and whom doesn't challange them. 

However it doesn't suit what we need in order to meet our objectives. 

But Lampard would have been suited to our club? 😆

Sorry, i can’t take your post’s seriously anymore 

7 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Controversial opinion but both GJ and LJ left us in a very bad long term state upon leaving, too many average players signed on long term contracts that we couldn't get rid of for 2-3 years after they left.
GJ has a record of this at Yeovil too, and now Torquay. 

Overrated Manager's here.

Absolutely. 

GJ did brilliantly to get us up and then the following season was just magic. 

But after that he signed players that he struggled to manage and then some proper shite. The roots to our relegation lead to GJ. 

Same with LJ. Did well to keep us in this division and then built upon that to get us competing for the play offs but then just like his Dad he signed players he struggled to managed and then also signed some proper shite. 

We'd probably have got relegated this time too if it wasn't for Pearson. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

So who would you have wanted? it’s all very well saying you wanted NP out (as I did) and all very well saying Manning is the wrong choice but who would of been your choice, come on I need another laugh to go with the Lampard shout 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

Utter rubbish, you need to get over your obsession with NP and move on

I think it was a crucial appointment at the time.  We were heading downwards (not dissimilar to the last time we went down) and it needed someone who could not just firefight the current situation but put the footings in of a rebuild at the same time.  Normally you’d throw a bit of money at survival and hope it was enough.  FFP meant we couldn’t.  Imho it was brilliantly negotiated, combo of Nige and Gould.

Had SL got that appointment wrong (so yes, he occasionally gets it right), I could see us in danger of going straight through Lg1 too!  Maybe sounds extreme, but those contracts hamstrung us in the champ, they’d have killed us in Lg1.

You could argue that points deductions of other clubs helped us too….at least not getting dragged in.

• Like 4
  • Flames 2