IGNORED

Season Ticket pricing 24/25

Redshorts

28 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

But Lampard would have been suited to our club? 😆

Sorry, i can’t take your post’s seriously anymore 

I've never taken your posts seriously Tom so no hard feelings. 

Ridicule it all you want. Youre probably a Liverpool fan or something so your opinion is biased. You do come across as someone who would support Liverpool tbh. 

However let's say the final candidates are Lampard and Manning. 

Our situation was that we had a team that had been built to play on the transitions, high press etc. Our stated desire was to appoint a Head coach who would improve on that style and to continue to develop young players. 

Lots of young players in the squad, clear pathway and we have owners who want that pathway to continue.

Manning plays a possession based game, likes 3 at the back. Doesnt press with intensity. Other than coaching in youth football has no background of introducing young players to the first team and developing them. No experience of either playing or managing at an elite level. Spent lots of money and was then sacked by MK, a fake football club. Spent a lot of money at Oxford and at the time of departure was doing well. That's the only success he's had on his CV with a team he's built with a big budget. 

Lampard has shown he can utilise different styles depending on the situation. He likes to play front foot high pressing attacking football. Lots of emphasis on the full backs and the wingers. He got Derby to the play off final having utilised his contacts at Chelsea to sign some top young talents on loan. 

Obviously he's spent the majority or his career at an elite level both playing and managing. 

At Chelsea in his first season he couldn't sign any players. He fielded young players who have since gone on to have good careers. He took them to an fa cup final and qualified for the Champions league. 

At Everton despite them being a basket case of a club he kept them in the premier league. 

So even Frank's worst achievements are better than Mannings best achievement of a league one play off final with a squad that Russel Martin built. 

So you can belittle my post all you want but the facts are between the two, on paper, Lampard was the better fit for what we stated we wanted. Be it style, youth development etc. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

Utter rubbish, you need to get over your obsession with NP and move on

Oh Tom. I think you need to get back to the politics forum cos if you think that is utter rubbish then football chat clearly isn't for you. 

You may despise Pearson but trying to diminish what he did here doesn't do your credibility any good at all. 

I mentioned Pearson in a conversation about how GJ and LJ left us in a mess. 

You may wish that Pearson could be erased from our history, but unfortunately for you, that isn't possible. 

41 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

Utter rubbish, you need to get over your obsession with NP and move on

Did you watch us play from Dec 2020 - March 2021? 

Probably the worst i've ever seen a team play at this club, despite us being a Championship side, it was the worst football during my time as a fan (Since 2001).

We were only going one way and we needed an experienced manager to stabilise the club after the chaotic managerial appointment of Holden and the scattergun approach to transfers throughout 2019 and 2020.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think it was a crucial appointment at the time.  We were heading downwards (not dissimilar to the last time we went down) and it needed someone who could not just firefight the current situation but put the footings in of a rebuild at the same time.  Normally you’d throw a bit of money at survival and hope it was enough.  FFP meant we couldn’t.  Imho it was brilliantly negotiated, combo of Nige and Gould.

Had SL got that appointment wrong (so yes, he occasionally gets it right), I could see us in danger of going straight through Lg1 too!  Maybe sounds extreme, but those contracts hamstrung us in the champ, they’d have killed us in Lg1.

You could argue that points deductions of other clubs helped us too….at least not getting dragged in.

I find it bizarre Dave. Because Pearson (and Gould) stopped that from happening, he recieves no praise for that. The likes of TV Tom would have been all over it if Pearson would have taken us through the trap door tho!!

It's either a complete lack of understanding of the dire situation we were in or simply a reluctance to give Pearson any kind of credit. 

As you say relegation would have been catastrophic for us. 

We needed a Pearson type of appointment at the time we hired McInnes/SOD. Iirc McInnes was tasked with cutting the wage bill and rebuilding the squad. Complete wrong guy for the job! 

Credit where credit is due, Lansdown Snr has made 4 good calls on managers, GJ, Cotts, LJ and NP. They were all what we needed at that time and all initially achieved what was expected. You could maybe throw in SOD there too in the sense that he helped to lay the early foundations for today. The problem was keeping GJ and LJ too long. 

Despite my disdain for the Lansdowns I am happy to give praise when it's warranted. TV Tom can't do that. If it goes wrong with Manning, I fully expect that Steve will come back in to appoint the next manager. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I find it bizarre Dave. Because Pearson (and Gould) stopped that from happening, he recieves no praise for that. The likes of TV Tom would have been all over it if Pearson would have taken us through the trap door tho!!

It's either a complete lack of understanding of the dire situation we were in or simply a reluctance to give Pearson any kind of credit. 

As you say relegation would have been catastrophic for us. 

We needed a Pearson type of appointment at the time we hired McInnes/SOD. Iirc McInnes was tasked with cutting the wage bill and rebuilding the squad. Complete wrong guy for the job! 

Credit where credit is due, Lansdown Snr has made 4 good calls on managers, GJ, Cotts, LJ and NP. They were all what we needed at that time and all initially achieved what was expected. You could maybe throw in SOD there too in the sense that he helped to lay the early foundations for today. The problem was keeping GJ and LJ too long. 

Despite my disdain for the Lansdowns I am happy to give praise when it's warranted. TV Tom can't do that. If it goes wrong with Manning, I fully expect that Steve will come back in to appoint the next manager. 

This is spot on. Despite the swipes from a lot of fans on here, I think you're on the money with regards Managerial appointments at this club. 

People tend to just look at results only and form their opinions, without looking at a broader context of what was happening at the time. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

How many managers get sacked from a league one club who then went on to get relegated having spent a lot of money, go on to be appointed by a Championship club just a short while later? 

I agree to a point but he didn't come from being sacked at MK.

46 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I've never taken your posts seriously Tom so no hard feelings. 

Ridicule it all you want. Youre probably a Liverpool fan or something so your opinion is biased. You do come across as someone who would support Liverpool tbh. 

However let's say the final candidates are Lampard and Manning. 

Our situation was that we had a team that had been built to play on the transitions, high press etc. Our stated desire was to appoint a Head coach who would improve on that style and to continue to develop young players. 

Lots of young players in the squad, clear pathway and we have owners who want that pathway to continue.

Manning plays a possession based game, likes 3 at the back. Doesnt press with intensity. Other than coaching in youth football has no background of introducing young players to the first team and developing them. No experience of either playing or managing at an elite level. Spent lots of money and was then sacked by MK, a fake football club. Spent a lot of money at Oxford and at the time of departure was doing well. That's the only success he's had on his CV with a team he's built with a big budget. 

Lampard has shown he can utilise different styles depending on the situation. He likes to play front foot high pressing attacking football. Lots of emphasis on the full backs and the wingers. He got Derby to the play off final having utilised his contacts at Chelsea to sign some top young talents on loan. 

Obviously he's spent the majority or his career at an elite level both playing and managing. 

At Chelsea in his first season he couldn't sign any players. He fielded young players who have since gone on to have good careers. He took them to an fa cup final and qualified for the Champions league. 

At Everton despite them being a basket case of a club he kept them in the premier league. 

So even Frank's worst achievements are better than Mannings best achievement of a league one play off final with a squad that Russel Martin built. 

So you can belittle my post all you want but the facts are between the two, on paper, Lampard was the better fit for what we stated we wanted. Be it style, youth development etc. 

Haha I’ve never supported or followed any other club and brought up my kids with the same mentality, ( I do keep an eye on Shamrock Rover’s results though) 🙂

35 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Did you watch us play from Dec 2020 - March 2021? 

Probably the worst i've ever seen a team play at this club, despite us being a Championship side, it was the worst football during my time as a fan (Since 2001).

We were only going one way and we needed an experienced manager to stabilise the club after the chaotic managerial appointment of Holden and the scattergun approach to transfers throughout 2019 and 2020.

The football has been dreadful for 4 or 5 years, in my opinion the performances in general have picked up since Manning arrived with the obvious exception 

2 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

The football has been dreadful for 4 or 5 years, in my opinion the performances in general have picked up since Manning arrived with the obvious exception 

People keep saying this and I'm left scratching my head because I'm just not seeing it? 

Yes there has been a few games that have been good but then that was the case before so no difference. 

1 minute ago, TV Tom said:

Although haven't been great for 4 or 5 years (I'd say more like 6 or 7 because I didnt rate LJ style at all) it was particularly terrible for those 3 or 4 months under Holden where we could barely get out of our own half most matches and in some matches our own penalty box.

Pearson WAS a needed stabilisation the club was desperate for, and although his style at times was not the most easy on the eye we did make steady progress and became a steady Championship club again. He also gave debuts to Conway, Bell, Scott, Pring and massively improved Zak Vyner. It might not have been a good watch at times, but he was certainly what has been needed until his departure whether you like him or not.

• Like 5

Just now, W-S-M Seagull said:

People keep saying this and I'm left scratching my head because I'm just not seeing it? 

Yes there has been a few games that have been good but then that was the case before so no difference. 

Yeah, I mean we're still losing to sides we should be beating and performing well against sides who give us space. We're still a transition based side, but Manning will need time to bring his own players in I guess.

1 minute ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I’ve enjoyed more games in the three months Manning has been here than I did in the two and have years NP was here, of course, only my opinion

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TV Tom said:

I’ve enjoyed more games in the three months Manning has been here than I did in the two and have years NP was here, of course, only my opinion

So you didn't enjoy the run of form from Jan - March last season under Pearson, or enjoy the amount of goals we were scoring at the beginning of 2022/23? 

Or didn't enjoy the partnership of Martin, Weimann and Semenyo, with a 5-0 trouncing of Hull?

Fair enough, I guess.

Edited by 2015
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Although haven't been great for 4 or 5 years (I'd say more like 6 or 7 because I didnt rate LJ style at all) it was particularly terrible for those 3 or 4 months under Holden where we could barely get out of our own half most matches and in some matches our own penalty box.

Pearson WAS a needed stabilisation the club was desperate for, and although his style at times was not the most easy on the eye we did make steady progress and became a steady Championship club again. He also gave debuts to Conway, Bell, Scott, Pring and massively improved Zak Vyner. It might not have been a good watch at times, but he was certainly what has been needed until his departure whether you like him or not.

I didn’t dislike him and I fully appreciate he did a decent job but for me he took us as far as he could

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, 2015 said:

So you didn't enjoy the run of form from Jan - March last season under Pearson, or enjoy the amount of goals we were scoring at the beginning of 2022/23? 

Or didn't enjoy the partnership of Martin, Weimann and Semenyo, with a 5-0 trouncing of Hull?

Fair enough, I guess.

One or two games weren’t bad I suppose 😆

On 20/02/2024 at 22:39, Andy082005 said:

Nope. And certainly won’t be renewing 

Save your money and get a fire stick. At least you can switch it off when they dish up the same shit as they have for the last 8 years 

Good catch a 74 bud up Gloucester rd they’ll welcome you 

2 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

Utter bullshit mate. 

You're just moving the goal posts to suit your narrative. Or you're displaying some bias because of your dislike of Pearson. 

You didn't enjoy the Plymouth game earlier on in the season? Or Swansea and Hull away? 

One thing that's dropped out of our game is that the past year or so, we would by and large give chase a game towards the end if losing or drawing, especially at home. We don't do that under Manning. 

I'm not gonna sit here and pretend it was all sunshine and lollipops (like your doing with Manning) but to suggest the football has been more enjoyable over the last 18 games under Manning is rather ridiculous. 

11 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Best football for ages was under LJ fact albeit 6 months but miles better than anything else last 8 or 9 years... 

• Haha 1

On 21/02/2024 at 19:14, Bristol Rob said:

Have you seen what Arsenal are doing? Obviously helps that they have more fans than seats, but that seems draconian to me. 

20240221_191252.jpg

One of my best mates is an Arsenal fan. His tickets have been used on every game, but he's transferred his seat for 7 games and sold it back to the club on 2 games, as he's not been able to attend or had friends who could, he's activated his seat for European games and cups. He got an email the other day telling him, he would not be eligible for renewal for lack of attendance! 

1 minute ago, archie andrews said:

Best football for ages was under LJ fact albeit 6 months but miles better than anything else last 8 or 9 years... 

For 3 or 4 months it was alright. I think it might have been different if Diedhiou didn't get injured in the Autumn. We were forced to play Reid as a false 9 and play football on the deck. I don't think LJ planned for this, but this is my own theory.

As soon as Fam was back though it reverted to being more long ball and workmanlike.

• Like 1

Save your money and get a fire stick. At least you can switch it off when they dish up the same shit as they have for the last 8 years 

1 minute ago, 2015 said:

For 3 or 4 months it was alright. I think it might have been different if Diedhiou didn't get injured in the Autumn. We were forced to play Reid as a false 9 and play football on the deck. I don't think LJ planned for this, but this is my own theory.

As soon as Fam was back though it reverted to being more long ball and workmanlike.

There were a few games where we showed glimpses of the style thereafter but not many.

Elements of QPR at Home in late January (until the Baker red card), Sunderland at Home first half, Sheffield Wednesday at Home when we rushed to get the game on.

Maybe parts of Leeds Away first half.

Pretty much it though, the style and tactical framework faded never really to resurface.

On 21/02/2024 at 19:14, Bristol Rob said:

Have you seen what Arsenal are doing? Obviously helps that they have more fans than seats, but that seems draconian to me. 

20240221_191252.jpg

Man United have been doing this for several years but they have a scheme if you cannot go you can give back to club for re-sale or donate to the foundation, both count as attended.

5 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

Manning failed somewhere else . He failed at Mk Dons (if we go by your logic)

He was doing well there by all accounts, until he lost his best players (Twine & co)

Who do you think would have been a better choice?

3 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I think it's long been established that these type of appointments, DM, LJ, DH and now Manning are not well suited to our club. 

They suit BT and JL who like to have a head coach who is wet behind the ears and whom doesn't challange them. 

However it doesn't suit what we need in order to meet our objectives. 

Big names rarely do well for us - so uknown managers and players suit Bristol City

You never heard of Scott Murray, Albert Adomah or Alex Scott before they played for us.

Then you have the likes of David James, Michael Bridges & Marcus Stewart - Big names, on there way down - and the result? speaks for itself.

• Like 1