IGNORED

Season Ticket pricing 24/25

Redshorts

10 minutes ago, Riaz said:

This season mid table is acceptable. 
next season top 10, AT LEAST and then a push for the play offs the next season. 

But hoping we can push next season for the play offs 

Yep. I’ve said it before but promotion in 2025-26 would have a certain symmetry - exactly 50 years since last time. (Just think of the pre-match commemorations that future generations will be able to experience!)

5 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Have you seen what Arsenal are doing? Obviously helps that they have more fans than seats, but that seems draconian to me. 

20240221_191252.jpg

A few Premier League clubs do this now, usually with the option of selling back to the club as well as offering it to friends 

1 minute ago, ralphindevon said:

A few Premier League clubs do this now, usually with the option of selling back to the club as well as offering it to friends 

Yes Arsenal have this: 

WHAT IS SEAT UTILISATION?

A seat is considered ‘utilised’ if you have either:

• Attended yourself
  • Used the Ticket Transfer service to transfer your ticket(s) – provided the recipient(s) attends the fixture
  • Posted your ticket(s) on Ticket Exchange - regardless of whether it’s purchased

USING TICKET TRANSFER & TICKET EXCHANGE

We encourage you to use both Ticket Exchange and Ticket Transfer to ensure you reach the minimum utilisation threshold. This also gives other supporters the opportunity to get behind the team in the stadium when you’re not able to attend. These services can be accessed via your Online Box Office account.

Please refer to our guides for more information on how to use these services.

https://www.arsenal.com/season-ticket-seat-utilisation

• Like 3

1 minute ago, eardun said:

Yes Arsenal have this: 

WHAT IS SEAT UTILISATION?

A seat is considered ‘utilised’ if you have either:

• Attended yourself
  • Used the Ticket Transfer service to transfer your ticket(s) – provided the recipient(s) attends the fixture
  • Posted your ticket(s) on Ticket Exchange - regardless of whether it’s purchased

USING TICKET TRANSFER & TICKET EXCHANGE

We encourage you to use both Ticket Exchange and Ticket Transfer to ensure you reach the minimum utilisation threshold. This also gives other supporters the opportunity to get behind the team in the stadium when you’re not able to attend. These services can be accessed via your Online Box Office account.

Please refer to our guides for more information on how to use these services.

https://www.arsenal.com/season-ticket-seat-utilisation

Well that makes it look a lot more reasonable.

Would also help parents with the reallocation of tickets if a midweek game is likely to end too late for their kids to attend.

54 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Well that makes it look a lot more reasonable.

Would also help parents with the reallocation of tickets if a midweek game is likely to end too late for their kids to attend.

Yes, I suspect we’ll get something like that ticket exchange (basically the ability to sell your seat) at some point - especially when we get to the PL. 

5 hours ago, Riaz said:

Or to paraphrase The Who…. “Meet the new three-year-plan, the same as the old three-year-plan”. 

Would be great if that happened but 3x 14th place finishes seems more likely to me! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Riaz said:

Why is equalling last seasons finish of mid table acceptable? 

I don't know what you would have predicted or expected in the summer but I'd be very surprised if it wasn't what most of us expected which was improvement on last season. 

I think many of us expected AT LEAST top 10 this season. I'm not sure why those expections should suddenly shift to next season.

• Like 2

I won’t be renewing. Moving house today which is a fixer upper so can’t justify the cost or the time to attend matches.  I felt really let down by this season. We all knew Alex Scott was off and maybe just me but got the impression that money would be invested to improve the squad. I trusted Nigel to get us up the table this season with a stab at promotion next year.  We will never know all the facts behind his departure and I’m sure Liam Manning will do a fantastic job over time but personally I feel disengaged from the club at the moment. If we were doing well would I find the time and money to go every week - possibly. Will probably end up missing it and get a half season ticket. It’s not a one man protest just circumstances but next year I will pick and choose the games I want to invest in - in the same way the Lansdown‘a pick and choose which managers to invest in. 

• Like 11

JL will sell ST`s with words and hope and very little action, the last window we were told its the wrong time and we would look again in the summer. We lack ambition and drive from above and thats the reason why our gold nugget players cant wait to leave.

Most money from player sales goes to cover JL`s mistakes and very little into building a team, while Lansdowns are here that will always be so.

While they are here there will be no ST from me or attendance

* Allow season ticket holders to pocket match day ticket prices through easy resale rather than sell empty seats?

* Watch games on a fire stick?

* Buy up 20 houses behind the Atyeo and build a new stand to create a more pleasing stadium look?

Not really a sound strategy to allow any sort of spend on the squad are they....

21 hours ago, Riaz said:

Why do you support bristol city? they are going to fail 99% of the time...

This is actually a good time for the club - being this high in the pyramid... Only the 70's we've been higher.

At our age, i'd have thought you would have got used to the disappointment and kind of expect it.

I get a season ticket, in the hope of success! Dont expect it at all.

City are doing exactly what i expected this season. And we do play good football at times

Really dont understand what people expect.

28/29 years I’ve had a season ticket - and my reason for hardly going any more and and not renewing next year is just around the whole match day experience now. It really is dire, I just don’t enjoy it like I used to. 

As for expectation. I don’t expect success - never have done, lots of my season ticket seasons seen us in League 1 in front of 11k. I wouldn’t want us back there but I enjoyed my days out a lot more then 

Who knows - i May start missing it when I don’t renew and after a break, but for now I’m happy to take in the occasional away game (which I still really enjoy) and watch the home games at home 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Red Billy said:

I trusted Nigel to get us up the table this season with a stab at promotion next year.  We will never know all the facts behind his departure and I’m sure Liam Manning will do a fantastic job over time but personally I feel disengaged from the club at the moment.

This -

Not feeling the love & can't fail to remember the lies woven into the whole situation.

I'm set to retire before the start of next season, and the the plan was to treat myself to a season ticket.

I feel I'm now in a wait out situation with the whole thing & Intend to keep the powder dry.

As things stand I'm not up for that commitment & will stay in control with five or six at home & same away.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Riaz said:

I think the aim has to be play-offs next year - at the very least a genuine play-off push 

Manning has a good base to work off of - it shouldn’t be another 3 year plan 

It won’t happen though as those above are out of their depth and are the ones who are holding this club back 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I don't know what you would have predicted or expected in the summer but I'd be very surprised if it wasn't what most of us expected which was improvement on last season. 

I think many of us expected AT LEAST top 10 this season. I'm not sure why those expections should suddenly shift to next season.

It’s not.

It wasn’t what the vast majority wanted or expected this season.  FFP had been sorted, the cycle of pre-covid contracts gone (bar one player), it was time to start building, not fire-fighting.

I expected 10th / 11th, but turning less wins than defeats and a small negative goal difference into more wins than losses and a positive goal difference.  We’d seen incremental improvement last season, despite the financial situation.  No reason to think otherwise.

I thought the thing that would stop us going higher was the small squad and injuries.

3 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Because he is a new manager - with a new style, with a group of players he didnt choose.

He needs time to implement his ideas and coach that into the players, aswell as bring in his own.

Thought that would have been obvious

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

28/29 years I’ve had a season ticket - and my reason for hardly going any more and and not renewing next year is just around the whole match day experience now. It really is dire, I just don’t enjoy it like I used to. 

As for expectation. I don’t expect success - never have done, lots of my season ticket seasons seen us in League 1 in front of 11k. I wouldn’t want us back there but I enjoyed my days out a lot more then 

Who knows - i May start missing it when I don’t renew and after a break, but for now I’m happy to take in the occasional away game (which I still really enjoy) and watch the home games at home 

I get the match day experience. Cant argue with that.

Even in section 82 - i'm finding the songs and the atmosphere is getting really shit.

But in terms of football, you always seem to slag it off and its never as bad as you say.

1 hour ago, Andy082005 said:

I think the aim has to be play-offs next year - at the very least a genuine play-off push 

Manning has a good base to work off of - it shouldn’t be another 3 year plan 

It won’t happen though as those above are out of their depth and are the ones who are holding this club back 

46 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It’s not.

It wasn’t what the vast majority wanted or expected this season.  FFP had been sorted, the cycle of pre-covid contracts gone (bar one player), it was time to start building, not fire-fighting.

I expected 10th / 11th, but turning less wins than defeats and a small negative goal difference into more wins than losses and a positive goal difference.  We’d seen incremental improvement last season, despite the financial situation.  No reason to think otherwise.

I thought the thing that would stop us going higher was the small squad and injuries.

When you bring in a coach, with a totally different way of playing, its a reset and you have to give him time. Time to implement his ideas.

It is frustrating, because we had a coach, who was a few years in and i believe, was going to take us at least near the play-offs. And he deserved the chance.

So any criticism, needs to go to the fella who thinks we have a top 6 squad.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Because he is a new manager - with a new style, with a group of players he didnt choose.

He needs time to implement his ideas and coach that into the players, aswell as bring in his own.

Not obvious to the hierarchy one of whom is a so called playing legend so should know more about the inherited squad than anyone on here.

Of course they could be lying incompetent *****.

No reason to let anyone off the hook unless Manning was led to believe he had a free hit this year and could rebuild over the next 3.

Not what fans were told.

Thats obvious.

2 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

Not obvious to the hierarchy one of whom is a so called playing legend so should know more about the inherited squad than anyone on here.

Of course they could be lying incompetent *****.

No reason to let anyone off the hook unless Manning was led to believe he had a free hit this year and could rebuild over the next 3.

Not what fans were told.

Thats obvious.

I stopped listening to the hierachy, when they told us we had a top 6 squad. Chatting out their arse

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Riaz said:

So any criticism, needs to go to the fella who thinks we have a top 6 squad.

See I both agree and disagree with this. I think undoubtedly we are in a worse position than we needed to be because Jon and Brian are morons. However, the point above is made frequently - and I think it’s made to insulate Liam from criticism. He’s now had half a season. We can see what he’s good at, what he’s bad at - crucially, as discussed elsewhere whether he “deserves” the opportunity to lead a rebuild.

My absolute main ire is at Jon and Brian. But there has to come a point where Liam can be criticised if appropriate - and personally, I think that keeping powder dry on that until a pre season etc may be counter productive 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

See I both agree and disagree with this. I think undoubtedly we are in a worse position than we needed to be because Jon and Brian are morons. However, the point above is made frequently - and I think it’s made to insulate Liam from criticism. He’s now had half a season. We can see what he’s good at, what he’s bad at - crucially, as discussed elsewhere whether he “deserves” the opportunity to lead a rebuild.

My absolute main ire is at Jon and Brian. But there has to come a point where Liam can be criticised if appropriate - and personally, I think that keeping powder dry on that until a pre season etc may be counter productive 

This season is a free hit for me. As long as we dont get embroiled into a relegation battle.

14 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Have you seen what Arsenal are doing? Obviously helps that they have more fans than seats, but that seems draconian to me. 

20240221_191252.jpg

Whilst a great initiative when selling out every week like Arsenal, for us the problem is the disparity in pricing and the availability of more expensive seats on the day, which means people buy in the south stand and move seats to Lansdown.  They will have scanned their season ticket at the gate so the data will say they utilised their seat.  I can't see how it could be policed after that

6 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Whilst a great initiative when selling out every week like Arsenal, for us the problem is the disparity in pricing and the availability of more expensive seats on the day, which means people buy in the south stand and move seats to Lansdown.  They will have scanned their season ticket at the gate so the data will say they utilised their seat.  I can't see how it could be policed after that

Need stewards checking SCs to stop wandererswhich will cause a backlog when most pile in at 2.59.

On 20/02/2024 at 22:39, Andy082005 said:

Nope. And certainly won’t be renewing 

Save your money and get a fire stick. At least you can switch it off when they dish up the same shit as they have for the last 8 years 

Whenever I read your posts, all I can picture is…

Awkward Bbc GIF by britbox

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Riaz said:

I'm not sure this excuse washes with me. 

He was brought in to deliver our objectives this season with this squad. I think we can safely say that's now not going to happen. So he's failed on the objectives. 

There should be accountability from JL, BT and LM for this. I'm not going to accept my expectations not being met. 

By the end of the season Manning will have been in charge for 31 games. 

You may think that the hierarchy were chatting crap when they said we had a top 6 squad. But the point is, do you think we had a top 6 side in 2008? I don't but we got to the play off final. That was the whole purpose of this change, to get us out performing our ability and instead of that we've gone the opposite way. 

I just can't buy into the thought process that he needs a pre season, needs his own players etc. What have you seen that suggests that even with all that, he'll meet our expectations? 

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 2

9 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

That was the whole purpose of this change, to get us out performing our ability and instead of that we've gone the opposite way. 

Yep, they wanted us to outperform our budget too.

Yes, we know they talked crap about the specifics of top 6 / promotion, but that is the expectation for any manager / head-coach here.  There can of course be mitigating factors that blur those lines a bit.

• Like 1