IGNORED

Charlton fa cup 94 open end picture

sticks 1969

50 minutes ago, Kingswood Robin said:

Remember being in the east end that day. Seem to remember Curbishley acting like a bit of dick.

That must have been getting near the end for the old open end.

Was definitely the last season of it.

17 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

I was at that game which we drew 1-1 and the replay which we lost 2-0.

Another very good opportunity to get to the later rounds of the FA cup missed.

We would have been away at Man Utd in the next round.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

Me too.

Ashton Gate very hostile that day, didn’t Curbishley say the most intimidating he’d ever experienced?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

Me too. 

For some reason Ashton Gate very hostile that day, didn’t Curbishley say the most intimidating he’d ever experienced?

• Like 1

I remember going to there thinking we would win easily , that's a lesson that took a long time to learn.

On a side note, Charlton are one of those movable trips. Saw us lose 2-1 at Palace when they were there, 2-1 at WHU when they were there and 2-0 at the Valley. Worth watching the game at Palace for the worst bit of keeping I'd seen at the time, it wasn't a cheers as such, more we burst out laughing at going 1-0 up.

Just found these so thought I'd share.

At Palace;

At West Ham;

And the Valley ;

I was at this game, had a trip to Halfords at Cribbs in the morning to pick up my new air horn, turned up to the game with my binbag full of ripped paper for the ticker-tape. Sat behind the goal in the East End and have a vague memory of Tins scoring a beauty direct from a free-kick in the first half, only for it to be disallowed. Can anyone confirm this?

16 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

The bloke who played upfront for Charlton wrote a book I recall, that night he shared the train home with our fans! And he said a nice but intoxicated bunch I think!

Oh yeah that’s right, good book.

Garry Nelson, left foot forward. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

Which United won 3-1 for a place in the semis.

They won the final 4-0 against Chelsea

I was at both the Charlton games - the away game Bobby Gould was in our end (I think we only had the bottom half) with his missus, and was an ignorant dick to me. Would it have killed you to say 'thank you' you bloody tosser? Not that I bear a grudge.

I was also at the final to see Eric Cantona tear Chelsea a new one, possibly thanks to a certain late, well regarded, bcfc employee with the initals BF, having a hand in the ticket ballot.

Edited by Sleepy1968
spellin
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I was at both the Charlton games - the away game Bobby Gould was in our end (I think we only had the bottom half) with his missus, and was an ignorant dick to me. Would it have killed you to say 'thank you' you bloody tosser? Not that I bear a grudge.

I was also at the final to see Eric Cantona tear Chelsea a new one, possibly thanks to a certain late, well regarded, bcfc employee with the initals BF, having a hand in the ticket ballot.

I remember turning up at Charlton without a ticket hoping to get one on the day. I remember I was skint and got a cheap bus up from Bristol earlier in the day and hoped I could get a ticket at face value as I didn’t have a penny more.

Waiting near the main entrance I recognised one of our directors, can’t remember his name but he wore quite big glasses. Anyway I asked him if he had any spare tickets and he produced one from his pocket and gave it to me for nothing.

What with taking my own packed lunch I doubt I spent more than £15 the whole day including transport.

• Like 3
  • Robin 2

14 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

I remember turning up at Charlton without a ticket hoping to get one on the day. I remember I was skint and got a cheap bus up from Bristol earlier in the day and hoped I could get a ticket at face value as I didn’t have a penny more.

Waiting near the main entrance I recognised one of our directors, can’t remember his name but he wore quite big glasses. Anyway I asked him if he had any spare tickets and he produced one from his pocket and gave it to me for nothing.

What with taking my own packed lunch I doubt I spent more than £15 the whole day including transport.

Tight git 🤑

• Haha 1