IGNORED

Communication

Jerseybean

When NP was sacked this was said, regarding communication, by the Club:

‘It is up to us to explain better what we are doing’ ‘Up to us to explain what we are doing and communicate better so they (the fans) understand our decisions better and can feel connected’ ‘I freely admit our communication hasn’t been as good as it should have been and that’s not just now.’ (J Lansdown.)

G Marshall also acknowledged there had been reflection on communication (or perhaps more accurately the lack of it) and that this needs to improve.

Genuine question, has anything changed in this important area? In my opinion nothing at all.  

Be interested to see what others think and to hear any thoughts on what the Club should be doing to communicate more often and effectively with the fan base.

28 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

‘It is up to us to explain better what we are doing’ ‘Up to us to explain what we are doing and communicate better so they (the fans) understand our decisions better and can feel connected’ ‘I freely admit our communication hasn’t been as good as it should have been and that’s not just now.’ (J Lansdown.)

G Marshall also acknowledged there had been reflection on communication (or perhaps more accurately the lack of it) and that this needs to improve.

Genuine question, has anything changed in this important area? In my opinion nothing at all.  

Be interested to see what others think and to hear any thoughts on what the Club should be doing to communicate more often and effectively with the fan base.

They do a lot of off line briefing 

29 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

The commnication around the Cardiff kick off time was certainly a triumph....

& how they’ve still not actually announced two bits of transfer news regarding some of the u21 squad, after saying they’ll be more proactive in sharing news about the fixtures given that Barton, Lansdown & Tinnion had no explanation as to why it’s never announced that we can watch them play at the HPC for free every week 🤣

• Like 3

• Admin
3 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

Have you seen the numerous threads that I have posted about the work the SC&T are doing with the club?

I am interested what more you would like to see @Jerseybean?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mendip City said:

My impeccable sources tell me that Tinnion told Ian Gay but he forgot to pass it on… 

do you think he might be on a trial period for a part time job as our new head of pr dept?

we know tins hasnt got the balls to lead  the front line when the going gets tough, and they darent let jl near it as he dont know FA 

Live coverage of academy games would be great for old gits like me who have the time to watch in the day and take an interest in the stars of the future. I remember seeing Tom Richie scoring a hat-trick at the old Weston-super-Mare ground. He was a very thin kid in those days, and I am sure that we have some exciting talent coming through and it would be great if we had a chance to see them.

• Like 1

No it hasn't. And that's because these cowards are afraid of taking accountability. 

10 points off the play offs in February season already over when we was supposed to be challenging. 

At the very least BT and JL need to get themselves onto sound of the city and explain themselves and take unvetted questions. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Admin
42 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

No it hasn't. And that's because these cowards are afraid of taking accountability. 

10 points off the play offs in February season already over when we was supposed to be challenging. 

At the very least BT and JL need to get themselves onto sound of the city and explain themselves and take unvetted questions. 

I stand to be corrected but I can't ever remember anyone from the club being on sound of the city that often

I'm not even sure that is an answer as do many people actually listen to that show?

46 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Maybe get a calming hobby.  Dread to think how long you spend on this forum getting angry! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

I stand to be corrected but I can't ever remember anyone from the club being on sound of the city that often

I'm not even sure that is an answer as do many people actually listen to that show?

I think under GT it was quite common to get people from the club on there. I think that was probably due to him constantly asking them to come on air and if they didn't he'd say on air that they refused. 

It wasn't ever week granted. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Have you seen the numerous threads that I have posted about the work the SC&T are doing with the club?

I am interested what more you would like to see @Jerseybean?

I’ve been critical on the SC&T but your efforts and communication, via the forum, has been a lot better recently.

However, this is about the club. A lot of the responses they gave you last time were poor or just fobbing off. I appreciate some were written so it was difficult for you to press.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Well they’ve put an 11 minute interview with Liam up today - it doesn’t really say anything but it’s unusual for them to do so particularly as there will be the presser tomorrow. Lots of questions about the schedule - it feels a bit defensive PR.

I think Nige used to pretty much always do a club interview before the oress conference. But with Manning it has rarely been done. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I think Nige used to pretty much always do a club interview before the oress conference. But with Manning it has rarely been done. 

That's because Nige had loads of time on his hands, what with never being " out on the grass"....

I'm joking of course.

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

Well, blow me…

Finally advertising u21 games more than 3 minutes in advance! 😉

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Well they’ve put an 11 minute interview with Liam up today - it doesn’t really say anything but it’s unusual for them to do so particularly as there will be the presser tomorrow. Lots of questions about the schedule - it feels a bit defensive PR.

Uh oh, he talked about box entries at 3:20! 🤪 One of my all time favourite Johnson-isms...

He comes across well and relaxed in this interview - much more so than pre/post match. He's talking about coaching which is what he's most passionate about. Can see why the players will enjoy the sessions as some have said, and feel like they're learning. 

Obviously not translating enough onto the pitch yet - time will tell, but I wonder whether more coaching is really the answer. Could it not be more of the other side of being a manager that is required here - the man-management/motivation/attitude side of things, and also the communication skill to get those ideas across simply and clearly in the heat of the moment. The Klopps/Peps of the world have both sides of this which is what's needed. If you can't be brilliant at both - I guess it's going to depend on the rest of your coaching team and the personality of your squad.

Increasingly common nowadays to prioritise the modern "progressive" coach who may be tactically brilliant (or at least knows a lot of the big words...) as opposed to the "old school" man-manager. Every manager wants a bit of both, but which are the managers that win things? David Moyes might have an answer! From our experience over the last few years, which one wins?

Edited by cellist
  • Like 1