IGNORED

Sheffield Wednesday away match thread

8 minutes ago, Andrew_V1 said:

If manning truly rates mehmeti then I wouldn’t trust his judgement with a transfer budget in the summer.

Nige wasn’t wrong in leaving him out he’s absolutely out of his depth at this level…a show pony with very little to show.

Perhaps he’s been very well behaved though when looking at patterns or some other nonsense 

Couldn’t agree more. He isn’t alone in being poor today, but he has offered very little in all the games he’s played, I just don’t get it and would genuinely love to hear what Manning sees in him.

12 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Once again we concede more goals with a back 3. This blokes the new LJ-Tinkerman i tell you. 
A coaching-manual coach trying to be too clever once again. 
FFS. 

Yeah he's like a cross between him and odriscoll. Box entries, behaviours, being brave and trying to do the right things...couldn't care less tbh, it's a results business and it feels like we are going backwards.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Wherever you are with Manning, this game needs a reaction from the first whistle of the 2nd half. 4 4 2 for me and go direct. **** any pretty stuff.

I very much doubt he will change it

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

We haven’t and we could still win it if he changes something at half time. The fact is however is we’ve played 135 minutes of utter shite against two of the worst sides in the division. It’s not good enough. Like I say, unless it does change, we are heading for 9 points in our latest block of ten games. That cannot be excused or defended.

Ah but we’ve had time on the grass . 

Remember when we used to have one of the best defensive records in the league? Look so brittle now.

Been bailed out by a wonder header by Knight.

We were told when LM came in he wanted to instil patterns and behaviours to the team.

Do the same things over and over until it works. And looks like we've been found out again. Going to be a tough second half, gotta go for it.

Thrown away the high press and endeavour for something we just aren't and won't be. Going to have to change half the squad to play the fluffy possession football.

They are fighting for their lives and putting in what's required. Our season has been over for a while now. No way near the finished article.

When we play the basketball end-to-end high press football and put our opponents under pressure I enjoy watching it. But it seems that the head coach doesn't want us to play that way. He reverts to type with the patterns and behaviours and these are the performances we get. So flat.

Manning is a likeable guy but for me personally his football isn't. 

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Wherever you are with Manning, this game needs a reaction from the first whistle of the 2nd half. 4 4 2 for me and go direct. **** any pretty stuff.

Not sure it would help us so much tbh, I get the sentiment sometimes you need to strip it all back and throw a lot at it but reckon we lose even with that change.

6 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

First half observations.

It’s been a very underwhelming and stuttering Bristol City performance.

The first goal looked like a carbon copy of the one against QPR the week before.

Rob Dickie picks up a yellow card from our throwing because there were no options for the thrower.

AM hasn’t been in the game at all and on the couple of occasions he’s had the ball he’s given it away.

CP is either injured or not fit. He made a halfhearted attempt to pull his player back on 38 minutes, usually he’d be busting a gut to chase him. I think he will be replaced at half time.

When we have had the ball we have made poor decisions, been indecisive, or had no decent options.

The only bright moment was a great goal from Jason Knight.

All in all I feel sorry for the 1100 or so fans who have made that journey to watch that 45 minutes.

SW look fitter, more inventive and have a much greater desire than us.

Unless things change radically, this is going to end badly as we very much don’t look like scoring. Whereas every time they come forward they look a threat, partly thanks to our lack of communication and the amount of time and space we are giving them.

This last point, I think was well illustrated by their second goal. It looked from the camera angle like we could let the ball go rather than head it away. I think it would’ve rolled out for a goal kick, but there was presumably no communication which led to a weak defensive header that went straight to one of their players and two seconds later we are 2-1 down.

Condensed version

We've been utterly shite. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, Countryfile said:

Couldn’t agree more. He isn’t alone in being poor today, but he has offered very little in all the games he’s played, I just don’t get it and would genuinely love to hear what Manning sees in him.

Just doesn’t work hard enough, avoids 50:50 tackles, gets caught out of position and over 90 minutes doesn’t offer enough 

He might get the odd goal or assist in a game or a nice bit of skill but that’s about it on a consistent level

• Like 3

Not a great first half. We look very slow and Kal is completely right on commentary in that there is no movement up top at all. It just looks like we're going through the motions and no intensity at all, especially poor showing for the ball and trying to impose any sort of tempo on the game.

Conway could have done more at times but even if he does get hold of it, Sykes and Mehmeti are nowhere. Cam also looks well off the pace, wouldn't be surprised to see a few subs at ht.

1 minute ago, Ska Junkie said:

I paid their striker a disservice for their 2nd goal, that was some header.

How on earth is Annis still on? He was shite!

Has he been anything other than ranging from anonymous to frustrating in his career here? Manning continuing to pick him really makes me question Manning.

• Like 1
  • Flames 2