IGNORED

Why hasn’t Manning been sacked?

Redland

26 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I don’t think Pearson would consider coming back in any circumstance - I’d be surprised if he managed again actually, seems content to relax.

Unfortunately I don't think Nige would entertain working with the tossers at the helm here. Maybe if they sacked themselves though....

2 minutes ago, petehinton said:

This summer is a hell of a risk if we don’t bring any experience in, which we more than likely won’t do. 

You could see the enormous void in leadership today without James. King at his grand old age was one of the very small positives when coming on. No chance either of them are here come August. 

Could very feasibly be looking at a constant starting 11 next season where O’Leary & Dickie are our eldest pros. 

If you keep buying from the lower two divisions you finally end up being there. I cannot see us getting to PL before a relegation back to L1. Can you? 

33 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

Pearson in the 2020/2021 season lost 3 on the bounce and 4 on the bounce just in the first couple of months of him being in charge. Manning on the other hand won 3 league games on the bounce which Pearson never was able to achieve

Things were ever so slightly different then weren’t they?  Not sure why people keep comparing the absolute shit show that Pearson inherited with what Manning has to play with now.   Not that it matters.   We are where we are now but if you are going to argue about Pearson and take up the past at least acknowledge the fact that things were very different then.  

8 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

You’re back! 

Who is it? Lez?

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, petehinton said:

This summer is a hell of a risk if we don’t bring any experience in, which we more than likely won’t do. 

You could see the enormous void in leadership today without James. King at his grand old age was one of the very small positives when coming on. No chance either of them are here come August. 

Could very feasibly be looking at a constant starting 11 next season where O’Leary & Dickie are our eldest pros. 

Yes I was thinking the same, lost all composure in the midfield which ultimately decided the game, TGH looked nifty at times but there wasn’t anything sticking it all together. 

James, Williams, King all ooc and wouldn’t be surprised if Naismith leaves. Would be extremely risky to not replace that experience and let it all go at the same time. 

I really hope Manning can replicate what he did at Oxford, bring in a few of his own players and after a full pre season really push on. But I fear the far more likely alternative is spending £8-10m on players he wants, it not work out and he’s gone by Christmas. And then we are almost back where we started 4 years ago. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Banjo Island said:

Why is it most of our manager appointments appear to have had a charisma bypass operation

Because they have been appointed by SL, JL, and now BT who are not in the first rank of people involved in football WITH charisma.

NP was an exception as was Gould (father and son)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, George Rs said:

Yes I was thinking the same, lost all composure in the midfield which ultimately decided the game, TGH looked nifty at times but there wasn’t anything sticking it all together. 

James, Williams, King all ooc and wouldn’t be surprised if Naismith leaves. Would be extremely risky to not replace that experience and let it all go at the same time. 

I really hope Manning can replicate what he did at Oxford, bring in a few of his own players and after a full pre season really push on. But I fear the far more likely alternative is spending £8-10m on players he wants, it not work out and he’s gone by Christmas. And then we are almost back where we started 4 years ago. 

Or 40 years ago!

5 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

He brought in an entire staff as well. Perhaps Jon can pay out of his own pocket instead of pinning the bill on the club and whats left of the Scott money

Yep. Been given every opportunity to succeed here and he has tonked. 

What that analyst guy does god only knows. 

2 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Lansdown Snr needs to get on the blower and take charge of this tragic situation that his son and BT have created. 

Not going to happen, he's lost interest and is more concerned with creating his new golf club at home. Have you noticed that the Bristol Sport project for the Hotel etc on Wickes ground may never go ahead because of some court action re Bristol City Council. Just like the new ground that never was, I think he doesn't want to invest any more of his money in City other than the transfer money for Semenyo and Scott and wants to sell as soon as he can. Perhaps that would be a good thing.

52 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

There will be break clauses, performance clauses etc. 

It won't be a 3.5 year pay out. 

The vast majority of deals now are guaranteed to have the wage covered for that period. Aka he’s on 10k a week, he gets sacked, gets another job on 8k, we cover the 2k for however long is left. 

Believe We were still paying LJ when he took Sunderland job. 

6 minutes ago, Graham76 said:

If we put in a performance like this against Cardiff next week, its going to be really toxic for Manning. Fans wont put up with it for too much longer.  

Could history repeat itself twice in one season ? Cardiff defeat led to Nige being dismissed after 2 wins in 7. Lose against Cardiff next week and it’s 2 wins in 7 albeit with 2 more points from 7 games

49 minutes ago, petehinton said:

The vast majority of deals now are guaranteed to have the wage covered for that period. Aka he’s on 10k a week, he gets sacked, gets another job on 8k, we cover the 2k for however long is left. 

Believe We were still paying LJ when he took Sunderland job. 

I’m not so sure Pete.  Cotts allegedly had a one-year payoff, despite a longer contract.

LJ had obviously “earned” (debates discuss 🤣🤣🤣) a new contract on terms where he could ask for better break terms.

2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I don’t think Pearson would consider coming back in any circumstance - I’d be surprised if he managed again actually, seems content to relax.

Leicester thought the same. So who knows. But I don't think it's a close and shut case.

5 hours ago, Capman said:

Let’s be honest. Sacking Pearson was nothing to do with football. So the comparison is pretty meaningless. 

Reliably informed that NP stood up to the “Board” (joke) and hence fired.
This club (Bristol Sport joke) is a complete and utter shambles. Don’t be fooled by all the bull sh#t, Lamsdowns don’t have a scooby doo how to run a football club. 

Edited by fisherrich
  • Like 1
  • Flames 4

4 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Indeed. He's allowed these idiots to run the club. 

But Lansdown Snr has shown in the past he's the only one who's capable of making the right calls (sometimes) 

Think it's been covered before - but he's never made the right calls, infrastructure (eventually) aside.

All of his footballing involvement and decisions have been poor. The main exception were the decisions taken by Dawe who oversaw 2013-2018.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Fuber said:

Think it's been covered before - but he's never made the right calls, infrastructure (eventually) aside.

All of his footballing involvement and decisions have been poor. The main exception were the decisions taken by Dawe who oversaw 2013-2018.

Hiring GJ, hiring NP?

Good is more than outweighed by the negatives football wise but two quite good calls.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, fisherrich said:

Reliably informed that NP stood up to the “Board” (joke) and hence fired.
This club (Bristol Sport joke) is a complete and utter shambles. Don’t be fooled by all the bull sh#t, Lamsdowns don’t have a scooby doo how to run a football club. 

I don’t think you need to be reliably informed to know that one, pretty clear that’s what’s happened. What’s weird is apparently st Nigel could do no wrong and we must believe that everything he ever told the board was constant pearls of elite wisdom and the assumption is also made that this was always delivered in a wholly appropriate way.

he ain’t gonna shag any of you.

The board found him difficult, they’ve rolled the dice. It’s abit Meh. world keeps turning 

Edited by Fjmcity

1 minute ago, Fjmcity said:

I don’t think you need to be reliably informed to know that one, pretty clear that’s what’s happened. What’s weird is apparently st Nigel could do no wrong and we must believe that everything he ever told the board was constant pearls of elite wisdom and the assumption is also made that this was always delivered in a wholly appropriate way.

he ain’t gonna shag any of you

Are you suggesting he did something inappropriate? 

3 minutes ago, Fjmcity said:

Suggesting niges way of getting his point across could have been a little abrasive. I would imagine anyway.. Old school if you like 

Like the truth you mean 

Some honesty ....

I think having to run Jon to the BRI with that crayon wedged in his ear was what did it

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Facepalm 2