IGNORED

The soft BC are back, after all Nigel’s hard work

Shauntaylor85

3 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

I don’t really agree it’s been underwhelming, a lot of it is as expected because we have a mid table squad. Pearson done a good job stabilising the club but I’m personally behind Manning 

How can you not find it underwhelming? We’ve just lost to two side in the bottom 3 and the results could’ve been more convincing. I ask what is making it even “standard/middle-whelming” for you?

Did you watch the last 2 fixtures?

1 minute ago, joe jordans teeth said:

That’s fine,are we performing better under manning than we were under Pearson is all I ask

Hard to say as we don’t know what Pearson would’ve done. I don’t think he beats most of the teams Manning has beaten but maybe he wins some of the games we’ve lost. Like Pearson though I think Manning has done enough to be backed and have a full pre season

3 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Any alternatives to the apparently dreadful wastes of money that were Cornick and Mehmeti?

Dont get me started on mehmeti, ffs this guy is dreadful, he gave me hope in that 1st half against west ham but he should be nowhere near the first eleven, as for cornick i don't see why everyone hates him, everytime he comes on he works hard and at least pressed and got chances.

He just never has a run in the team to hit form

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

How can you not find it underwhelming? We’ve just lost to two side in the bottom 3 and the results could’ve been more convincing. I ask what is making it even “standard/middle-whelming” for you?

Did you watch the last 2 fixtures?

You’re talking about two games which have obviously been underwhelming. But that doesn’t mean the entire spell has been?

44 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Sorry but no. 

This has been said a million times and yet it still has to be said. Nigels 1st two years and a bit can be disregarded because of the rebuild etc. 

That's not me trying to dismiss some poor performances etc, it's adding context. 

The only fair comparison between Nige and Manning is from this season. 

Whats all this talk about windows? Manning was specifically brought in to get the best out of the current squad of players and he has failed miserably. 

I absolutely hate the Pearson conversation and getting involved in it, mainly because those bringing him up are the ones who keep his name relevant by saying “everyone needs to get over Pearson”, when really it’s them who are bringing his name up more than anyone. 

But I also find amazing when people compare his ‘start’ to LM’s is the context around the state we were in as a club, as well as handily missing out the fact that in his first full season him & the coaching side created the greatest strike partnership/trio we’ve ever had at this level. 

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, Charlie BCFC said:

Manning has us in the top half with 12 games remaining, I maybe wrong of course but I can’t remember Pearson having us this high at this stage. I like Pearson for the record and think he left us in a better state when he took over but it’s time to move on and for me Manning has done more than enough to be backed going forward

Wasn't pearson in the top 6 at one point this season and was only 5 points at most away from the playoffs 🤔 

3 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

You’re talking about two games which have obviously been underwhelming. But that doesn’t mean the entire spell has been?

QPR x2, Brum, Millwall, Preston, Leeds, Sheff Wed - absolutely horrific

Watford, Southampton - absolutely superb 

The cons outweigh the pros so far under his reign for me, no hesitation. But have seen enough ‘green shoots’ in the odd games in between to feel relatively positive for the start of next season.

Just praying it’s more Oxford v2 than MK v2 for him. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

He’s won 2 league games out of 10. That’s pretty underwhelming for me.

I take my hat off to you fella, in respect of your optimism.

Of course, I hope Manning can get us on track as that means a successful Bristol City. I have huge reservations though. 

• Like 1

Just now, petehinton said:

QPR x2, Brum, Millwall, Preston, Leeds, Sheff Wed - absolutely horrific

Watford, Southampton - absolutely superb 

The cons outweigh the pros so far under his reign for me, no hesitation. But have seen enough ‘green shoots’ in the odd games in between to feel relatively positive for the start of next season.

Just praying it’s more Oxford v2 than MK v2 for him. 

First QPR game was first game so wouldn’t feel it’s fair to judge him on that, Birmingham game we weren’t great but still did enough to win. Rest I can’t disagree with though, think it’s only fair we give him a pre season unless things go really really wrong

1 minute ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

He’s won 2 league games out of 10. That’s pretty underwhelming for me.

I take my hat off to you fella, in respect of your optimism.

Of course, I hope Manning can get us on track as that means a successful Bristol City. I have huge reservations though. 

That’s fine if you have reservations for me I’ve seen enough positives to stay behind it. We’ve already seen some massive highs and positive signs in games and that’s just using Pearson’s players bar Twine for one game and Mebude for even less that that

13 minutes ago, petehinton said:

I absolutely hate the Pearson conversation and getting involved in it, mainly because those bringing him up are the ones who keep his name relevant by saying “everyone needs to get over Pearson”, when really it’s them who are bringing his name up more than anyone. 

But I also find amazing when people compare his ‘start’ to LM’s is the context around the state we were in as a club, as well as handily missing out the fact that in his first full season him & the coaching side created the greatest strike partnership/trio we’ve ever had at this level. 

Pete - it’s absolutely bonkers.

And what is more bonkers is that some of them thought Nige was so bad (despite a bit of revisionism in the last weeks), but now use Nige as their baseline for justifying LM.

Justify him on his own merits.  They’ve lost all objectivity.  It cracks me up.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Pete - it’s absolutely bonkers.

And what is more bonkers is that some of them thought Nige was so bad (despite a bit of revisionism in the last weeks), but now use Nige as their baseline for justifying LM.

Justify him on his own merits.  They’ve lost all objectivity.  It cracks me up.

“Nige has been backed, he needs to get play off, the squad is good enough”

”Manning isn’t working with good enough players, he needs to be backed to bring in his own players”

The revolution Reminds me of the weak double headlock scene in the Inbetweeners Movie

IMG_6506.jpeg

Edited by petehinton
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

56 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

The mighty Nige. 1.29ppg 

Left us in 15th place and hadn’t won 3 games in a row for 3 years. 

Absolutely destined for the premier league under this man. Cannot believe we got rid of him.

Our new gaffer 1.21ppg is so far off of nige. His results are so much worse. 

Get a grip. Not knocking anything NP did but Jesus Christ he was just as ******* bad. 

1.4 ppg this season. 11th when sacked, 8th a week before. How many more times.

Stop trying to change the narrative to suit your futile argument.

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

The mighty Nige. 1.29ppg 

Absolutely destined for the premier league under this man. Cannot believe we got rid of him.

Get a grip. Not knocking anything NP did but Jesus Christ he was just as ******* bad. 

Hadn’t won 3 games in a row for 3 years gotta be one of the best stick to beat with metrics I’ve seen on here tbf. 

Neither him or Manning have ever won a league game throughout the whole month of July either. Useless. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Hadn’t won 3 games in a row for 3 years gotta be one of the best stick to beat with metrics I’ve seen on here tbf. 

Neither him or Manning have ever won a league game throughout the whole month of July either. Useless. 

That’s because Pearsons a dinosaur init

IMG_4014.jpeg

1 hour ago, Bs4Red said:

The mighty Nige. 1.29ppg 

Feeling a bit ‘awkward’ eh 

Bless

You wanted it , in spades

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

I am not sure what is going on and I’m not interested in comparing to Pearson . Nige has gone . I am interested in Manning. 

So , zero points against 2 teams in the bottom 3 . That is crap . Dress it up as you want , but it is crap. Worse , we did not lay a glove on either . 

• Like 3
  • Flames 2

3 hours ago, Scrumpys Dietary Advisor.. said:

The problem is not manager specific IMO, it is a problem we have had for a very long time in that we can be very good against teams that come to play, but we absolutely do not have that nasty, win by any means streak that you need to deal with the scrappers and cloggers 

We haven't had a mean bone in our body since Flint left and you just know that we would be hopeless at it and be down to 8 men if we tried

Where is the spark, the desire to win. It's all very well taking the plaudits for wins like Southampton but when we really need to get stuck in and roll teams over, I struggle to think of anyone, apart from Cam Pring maybe who would step up to the plate and do the "professional" stuff 

You gave GOT TO HAVE THIS in a team if you are going to get anywhere 

Yes NP actually said he wanted to see a more tough killer instinct, that the team needed to fight. 
 Whether people agree or not about whether NP or Manning are better managers/head coach, we definitely saw a team who were gradually pulling together, it took time, but I think today it dawned on me, that we’d gone backwards in this respect. A total lack of unity. 

Who was even the captain today?

Some saying Williams didn’t play well, (everyone had an off day), but imagine if he feels he’s the only one busting a gut as he has been, for the past few games. 
 People saying Conway not trying. If he’s getting no service it’s got to be incredibly frustrating when you’re a striker not scoring goals. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, RollsRoyce said:

I am not sure what is going on and I’m not interested in comparing to Pearson . Nige has gone . I am interested in Manning. 

So , zero points against 2 teams in the bottom 3 . That is crap . Dress it up as you want , but it is crap. Worse , we did not lay a glove on either . 

Relegation form. Look at the form table last 10 games, we are bottom 5. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Relegation form. Look at the form table last 10 games, we are bottom 5. 

I agree. The club has made a terrible change, fortunately, it will not create a relegation issue. We have someone out of their depth and learning on the job. He needs to learn fast. Tinnion is shown to be what he is, and needs sacking asap. 

• Like 4
  • Flames 3

1 hour ago, Gaseater said:

Based on his own merits we got the Pearson of Derby and Leuvren - spent poorly and couldn’t get the best out of the side.

1 hour ago, Gaseater said:

We had no money and we brought Mehmeti and Cornick.

Yeah that’s why we got Mehmeti and Cornick 😂

• Like 2

It's going to take some time to adapt to manning ball it seems. I also think this team can do it when they want to which seems there is some kind of motivational issue at play. I am also skeptical of Manning's ability to give a bollocking when required, although glad he at least tried to change things today at HT. 

Like everyone, very pissed off we cant seem to take points from the lower league teams... Our strike force is blunt and it's basically whether knight or dickie can muster a goal recently. 

Mehmeti has been peeving me the most of late in terms of effort, but it's not all on him. They are literally bloody static as an entire unit up there. Not good JuJu going into the severnside...!! 

Edited by Lee Trundles LeftTit
  • Flames 1