IGNORED

FBC Podcast: SHEFF WED. [A] the verdict ...... patterns & behaviours not up to scratch?

headhunter

43 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Ian Gay 'a small minority of the fanbase didn't want Manning as they wanted to retain Pearson'

@headhunter @Curr Avon

Do you agree with this plainly nonsense statement or if not why are you not challenging his bullshit?

I messaged in to the pod saying that was nonsense argument.  In fairness to Dave, he hosted the pod really well tonight.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Davefevs said:

I messaged in to the pod saying that was nonsense argument.  In fairness to Dave, he hosted the pod really well tonight.

There was some reeling back by Dave from the one eyed shit he has participated in over the last few weeks, yes I will give him that 

1 hour ago, cidercity1987 said:

Ian Gay 'a small minority of the fanbase didn't want Manning as they wanted to retain Pearson'

@headhunter @Curr Avon

Do you agree with this plainly nonsense statement or if not why are you not challenging his bullshit?

Tell me he didn’t say that sentence verbatim, surely not 😂What an absolute clown.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mendip City said:

Well Tinnion would say that, wouldn’t he! 

What an accusation 🤣🤣

1 minute ago, Gaseater said:

Lots of jealousy towards Ian because of his apparent insider knowledge - people obviously tried to get in with club and got knocked back. He hasn’t been, apparently.

When you back on Mullet ?

3 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

According to IG , Jon Lansdown and Gavin Marshall ........ made the decision to get rid of NP .....and replace him with LM .....

Good to know that Tinnion played no part 

Good to see Tinnion’s employed IG as his crisis management team 

3 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

According to IG , Jon Lansdown and Gavin Marshall ........ made the decision to get rid of NP .....and replace him with LM .....

Good to know that Tinnion played no part 

Ha glad I'm not the only one who noticed that Ian conveniently failed to mention that BT was involved in that decision, I wonder why hmmmmm 🤣 

I found that pod so funny. Ian with his meltdown where he had to resort to swearing and just his general reluctance to blame Manning in any way. It's all the players. But was quite happy to make constant digs at Nigel. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Ha glad I'm not the only one who noticed that Ian conveniently failed to mention that BT was involved in that decision, I wonder why hmmmmm 🤣 

I found that pod so funny. Ian with his meltdown where he had to resort to swearing and just his general reluctance to blame Manning in any way. It's all the players. But was quite happy to make constant digs at Nigel. 

It was a good watch 

Funny with him spluttering and losing it - struggling to know what line to take

He managed to get thro a few chapters of excuses though like when it was suggested Pring wasn’t fit and shouldn’t have played suggested he might have had a knock during the game 

Hilarious

49 minutes ago, Gaseater said:

Lots of jealousy towards Ian because of his apparent insider knowledge - people obviously tried to get in with club and got knocked back. He hasn’t been, apparently.

Oh come on.

This week on the pod the bloke said "Every week I suggest a team that would do better than what we've got" - just an unbelievable comment from a fan.

• Flames 2

Hand on heart! I watched today's game, whistle blew... Just moved on with life. Felt absolutely no anger.

My XF (expected fun - thanks talk sport) today was pretty much near 0 anyway and we lived up to that hype.

The season ended last week, what you saw today was a team simply off it, off the pace, not at the races, off the press, off that extra bit when when the season on ON.

Why because the season is over.

Sure we can talk about how time on the grass = that level of performance. Sure we can talk about how a team made for counter just isn't good on the ball to the shock of no one. sure we can talk about how we lost yet another game with more possession. Sure we can talk about this season really didn't need to go like this. Sure we can talk about how a worrying number of players seem to be regressing.And for sure we could even talk about how different Ian is when comparing the previous and current manager. And I'd really love to talk about how no player wakes up and decides they can't pass a ball.

But there is no point. Season is over. Can't blame players for being even 3% off, I would be...... Just see it as an extended pre season, and half of them won't be here next year.

August/September though is genuinely going to be huge.... With all the changes they are going to make to suit possession patient football, really better hope it goes well

But hey, lets finish in style; for sure we can absolutely talk about how for a season over game, my post is rather long.

11 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

@headhunter @Curr Avon

To be fair, it’s an argument that has been made on here (particularly against @W-S-M Seagull). 

I find it quite bizarre that those who seem very defensive of LM are the first to bring Pearson up. I’ve been quite clear in my position - I wouldn’t have sacked Nige, but my concerns with Liam are over him and him alone, not because he’s not Nige. He did take over a good position to be in. He is failing. That’s on him, and him alone - but make that point and very often you’ll see someone bring up Nige.

When the people “defending” Liam can’t do so on his own performance and do so by conflating with a non comparable scenario, then it’s fair to say the jig is pretty much up.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 3

10 hours ago, Gaseater said:

Is it cos he's another 'Yes' man!? 🤔

• Like 1

9 hours ago, IAmNick said:

Oh come on.

This week on the pod the bloke said "Every week I suggest a team that would do better than what we've got" - just an unbelievable comment from a fan.

So just to be clear… someone who is defending the boards choice to fire Pearson and bring in the saviour that is Liam Manning, is also saying he could do a better job than Manning week in week out?!?!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, formerly known as ivan said:

So just to be clear… someone who is defending the boards choice to fire Pearson and bring in the saviour that is Liam Manning, is also saying he could do a better job than Manning week in week out?!?!

Yep, just like he said when every other manager since the war was in post!

Frustrated little man and definitely the best manager city never had. Well, with the chuckle brothers in charge perhaps I should say... YET!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

17 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Yes. Its what he does. He will criticise Manning without directly criticising Manning and that's because when he wss appointed he popped open the champagne and told us all what a great appointment it was blah blah blah. Now he's saving face. 

Ian can never be wrong and when challenged on something he throws his toys out of the pram and gets nasty. 

Edited by W-S-M Seagull
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

To be fair, it’s an argument that has been made on here (particularly against @W-S-M Seagull). 

I find it quite bizarre that those who seem very defensive of LM are the first to bring Pearson up. I’ve been quite clear in my position - I wouldn’t have sacked Nige, but my concerns with Liam are over him and him alone, not because he’s not Nige. He did take over a good position to be in. He is failing. That’s on him, and him alone - but make that point and very often you’ll see someone bring up Nige.

When the people “defending” Liam can’t do so on his own performance and do so by conflating with a non comparable scenario, then it’s fair to say the jig is pretty much up.

No more emojis but perfectly put. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Yes. Its what he does. He will criticise Manning without directly criticising Manning and that's because when he wss appointed he popped open the champagne and told us all what a great appointment it was blah blah blah. Now he's saving face. 

Ian can never be wrong and when challenged on something he throws his toys out of the pram and gets nasty. 

This. 
 He actually did a very good job yesterday of going along with the general criticism of the performance, without actually saying anything negative about Manning at all. Pretty clever really 😂
 He knew he couldn’t make any excuses for the performance, but couldn’t directly abuse LM, so did everything he could to avoid it and even managed to throw another NP criticism in the mix. 

• Like 2

I picked this from James Piercy's excellent piece on the game in Bristol Live and highlighted the part that sums up so many things in our normal day to day lives:

The narrative is being allowed to grow that this City team is defined by QPR, Sheffield Wednesday, Preston, Leeds and Millwall rather than Southampton, Middlesbrough, Watford, West Ham, Nottingham Forest and Hull City. In this binary world we live in, where you have to pick a side, and a point of conflict, it’s one or the other, not where it really sits, somewhere in the middle. That’s just boring.

Ian Gay's narrative is what it is and I invite anyone to come on the pod and challenge him and no doubt create a point of conflict. I will call him out whilst recognising that I myself flip flop with my views and in so doing rightly labelled for being a knee jerker! 

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, headhunter said:

I picked this from James Piercy's excellent piece on the game in Bristol Live and highlighted the part that sums up so many things in our normal day to day lives:

The narrative is being allowed to grow that this City team is defined by QPR, Sheffield Wednesday, Preston, Leeds and Millwall rather than Southampton, Middlesbrough, Watford, West Ham, Nottingham Forest and Hull City. In this binary world we live in, where you have to pick a side, and a point of conflict, it’s one or the other, not where it really sits, somewhere in the middle. That’s just boring.

Ian Gay's narrative is what it is and I invite anyone to come on the pod and challenge him and no doubt create a point of conflict. I will call him out whilst recognising that I myself flip flop with my views and in so doing rightly labelled for being a knee jerker! 

This is the point though isn’t it and I hate to go back to NP reign but…

Under NP we knew what we would get and the average City performance would range from a 6 to a 7.5 out of 10 across 2023. Every player knew their role and there were always very honest performances who bought into the NP philosophy.

Under LM the consistency of performance is much broader. Southampton and West Ham 8 out of 10. QPR & Wednesday 4 out of 10. And more worrying is the cracks in terms of team togetherness, Conways reaction on the pitch suggests there is frustration creeping in.

its going to be a bumpy ride till the end of the season.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

23 minutes ago, headhunter said:

There is absolutely no point in debating with someone who has such a clear agenda and who frankly is economical with the truth to try and make his point.

I appreciate you are trying your best to have a reasoned factual discussion but that is clearly impossible with one of your guests, who when he appears to be losing a debate resorts to the kind of behaviour Mr G displays.

I find it quite sad as we are all ‘hurting’ to a degree with the current situation, but derision and bad language never won any argument and speaking for myself I see no point in continuing to listen while the current guest list includes Mr G, it’s all very well having a good guy bad guy guest list, but when one of the guests dominates to this degree it’s simply not representative of the current fan mood.

I have tried to debate with Mr G previously on a different platform but he displayed the same behaviour we see now because he simply couldn’t accept he was wrong, so I stopped discussing anything with him, and have no interest in feeding his ego further.

I’m going to give the show a miss for a few weeks until my blood pressure returns to normal.

42 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Ian Gay's narrative is what it is

It’s not what his narrative was though.

He’s changed.  We all know why.  He’s compromised himself.

You have long time mentioned him as a Piers Morgan type, and I've often said you need someone like him on the pod.

But I’d currently argue he’s lost objectivity, he’s lost his edge, he’s lost relevance in his angle on the current debate.  You could also argue the pod has moved forward with the likes of @TomSutton on giving a different angle.

It’s interesting to watch it / listen to it play out.

+++++

@Countryfile you put it better than I did.

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 8
  • Flames 1

12 minutes ago, Beni71 said:

This is the point though isn’t it and I hate to go back to NP reign but…

Under NP we knew what we would get and the average City performance would range from a 6 to a 7.5 out of 10 across 2023. Every player knew their role and there were always very honest performances who bought into the NP philosophy.

Under LM the consistency of performance is much broader. Southampton and West Ham 8 out of 10. QPR & Wednesday 4 out of 10. And more worrying is the cracks in terms of team togetherness, Conways reaction on the pitch suggests there is frustration creeping in.

its going to be a bumpy ride till the end of the season.

And as someone else suggested. The midfield and front men are changed from one game to the next. We could never predict who his front men and midfield will be from one game to the next, with any real accuracy, because it doesn’t always seem to be based on previous performances. 
 So where’s the incentive for players? It feels disjointed and inconsistent.

Is it any wonder that Conway gets frustrated and confrontational with other team mates? Little service but also never knowing if he’ll start or be benched and swapped in and out for Wells, who goes through the same process. 

Did we ever see this confrontational side of Conway, while NP was in charge?

I think W-S-M put it well when he said words to the effect that, LM doesn’t think he needs a plan B, because he believes Plan A should work and if it doesn’t, then it’s the players who are at fault!

• Like 3